My H2b buildup thread, quick updates...

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
like I told you when we were talking about it, I will change my mind everyday until I do something.
Sorry for the thread jack.
Rear mount turbo could work just fine, and the money situation only gets better with time...

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I am supposed to go to the track sunday if the weather is not too cold, and I'll see what this thing to do. I am sure that there will be a compilation of the cars that the people I know that will be racing. Turbo sohc vtec built, but on low boost, G8 gt with bolt ons and nitrous, Me in my h2b car on street tires, maybe my friends 8th gen si, maybe my friends 6th gen with an Ls swap, SRT4 acr,

VTEC_Civic97

5+ Year Member
lemme know how the 6th Gen LS swap does...thats what im running now and i haven't had a change to track it

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
lemme know how the 6th Gen LS swap does...thats what im running now and i haven't had a change to track it
Probably 15's, Ls swaps aren't too fast, but they aren't bad. His just has an intake, skunk2 manifold, and exhaust. The Ls trans really doesn't help out acceleration at all. I have one on my gsr swap, great gas mileage and driveability, but acceleration suffers compared to the gsr and b16 trans.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well, I figured out that I reaallllyyyy need slicks to drag race my car, I thought I would dump it at 3k in first, really bad idea, all I did was spin-all the way though 4th, and I just gave up on the first run and coasted through the quarter, The next time I rolled off the line and sped up and started to spin a little, shifted into second at 4k, spun a little, and then took off, ran a quarter in 14.080, which is terrible, but at 107.23 mph. The trap speed indicates a 12.9-13.0 ET right there, so its promising, but drag racing with that kind of power is just impractical, so on the off season of the racing season I am going to buy some 22x8-15" M/T drag slicks. I need them really bad to turn a good time. I was pulling away from the G8 GT I was racing, he tried to leave the line hotter the second run too. We both were slow off the line but when we both got going my little light civic was walking off, and he has a tune and I/E.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well, I figured out that I reaallllyyyy need slicks to drag race my car, I thought I would dump it at 3k in first, really bad idea, all I did was spin-all the way though 4th, and I just gave up on the first run and coasted through the quarter, The next time I rolled off the line and sped up and started to spin a little, shifted into second at 4k, spun a little, and then took off, ran a quarter in 14.080, which is terrible, but at 107.23 mph. The trap speed indicates a 12.9-13.0 ET right there, so its promising, but drag racing with that kind of power is just impractical, so on the off season of the racing season I am going to buy some 22x8-15" M/T drag slicks. I need them really bad to turn a good time. I was pulling away from the G8 GT I was racing, he tried to leave the line hotter the second run too. We both were slow off the line but when we both got going my little light civic was walking off, and he has a tune and I/E.
not bad actually....will be a lot better with slicks :twisted:

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
what was the 60ft on your better run?
better, lol, I rolled off the line like from a stop sign, and shifted at 4k, but the specs are
R/t. .326
60ft 2.492
330 ft 6.367
1/8 mi 9.35
1/8 mph 85.73
1/4 14.080
1/4 mph 107.23

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I think I will buy these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-22x8-15-M-T-IMPORT-FWD-ET-DRAG-SLICK-RACING-TIRES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQitemZ360058729034
and 6 of these
http://www.rotawheels.com
/wheels.asp?wheelid=40

I will buy 4-15"x6.5" for driving it around and 2-15x8" for the slicks. I think it will look good with the same type of wheel up front except 1.5" wider in the front with slicks on them. I'll buy the wheels kind of soon, and I will buy the slicks in the off season.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
better, lol, I rolled off the line like from a stop sign, and shifted at 4k, but the specs are
R/t. .326
60ft 2.492
330 ft 6.367
1/8 mi 9.35
1/8 mph 85.73
1/4 14.080
1/4 mph 107.23
oh dang, so you had basically a 2.5 60ft. that's horrible lol. But that's to be expected.
When I ran my 13.15 it was with a 1.96 60ft. and I trapped 106. So you run on some slicks and pull a 1.80 60ft since you got some LSD, you should definitely see at least high 12's.
After I do a little more to my motor, a new header, larger intake, remove the IAB's and a retune, I also just picked up an LSD H22 trans on slicks I'm aiming for 12.80's.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Im thinking If I can't do better than a high 12 on slicks, then I will up my clutch after I burn it with a 50 shot. All I would need is 550's and the kit, which I did have but sold for cheap, still unused, I may buy it back and put it in my hatch.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well, I am throwing a code 43 and have been for right after I got it tuned, maybe even when I got it tuned, but I am going through the troubleshooting now, I have a new walbro, new main relay, new o2 sensor, Doubtful it is the pressure regulator, I would be willing to say that it is the old dsm 450's I am using. I mean one of them was clogged to where it was running on 3 cylinders when I first put them on there. It has a real rough idle every few moments, and I am going by the factory troubleshooting guide.
http://www.ek9.org/forum/engine/5004-cel-question-honda-error-code-43-a.html
I find this little chart pretty nifty. I am going to get some more 450's tomorrow from a friend for free and see how that goes.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Last time I threw engine codes was because I had a huge hole burnt through my harness. You can always check wiring, but you're smarter than me and probably have already.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Last time I threw engine codes was because I had a huge hole burnt through my harness. You can always check wiring, but you're smarter than me and probably have already.
It has all the symptoms of this shitty code though, it is one of the worst to troubleshoot. If the injectors don't work, then I'll try to replace my FPR, and then onward.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i had that code and never got it figured out....its a b***h.

how old is the fuel filter?

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well, I got some expensive fuel system cleaner, and after just a small time of running it, it really smoothed the idle up. I need to clear the code out, it wasn't throwing it, but that doesn't mean it wasn't there.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
News is I went to the track today, it was cold, but there were a lot of drag cars with slicks laying down a lot of sticky rubber. I was still rolling off the Line, I beat a turbo D first, and then an SS camaro by half a car, which was hilarious, keep in mind I am not launching it.
1st run-turbo 4 door d16
r/t .197
60' 2.124
330' 5.823
1/8 Mi 8.756
1/8 mph 81.80
1/4Mi 13.415
1/4 mph 105.36

2nd run-SS camaro
r/t .172
60' 2.195
330' 5.861
1/8mi 8.759
1/8 mph 82.37
1/4mi 13.359
1/4mph 106.55

I totally didn't expect to beat an SS camaro by half a car, pure hilarity.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yah i saw that race, pretty nice win heh,, and that piss poor burn out contest,