10+ Year Member
And new paint and and and and...

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
And new paint and and and and...

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!
Thats what i was thinking too, i pulled mine from the junk yard and started with just getting no rotors and pads to repainting, new calipers, new cables, new bushings all new bolts...cost me 285 to finish mine!

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
have fun replacing those bushings! i had to burn mine out, then find a shop able to press in the new urethane ones. (went to 3 different ones who didn't have a large enough die before I found a place who could do it).
Lo and behold, couple of years after I'd already had it done, see in Project Car where they did it with nothing more than a large bolt, some washers, and a couple of square steel plates.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
have fun replacing those bushings! i had to burn mine out, then find a shop able to press in the new urethane ones. (went to 3 different ones who didn't have a large enough die before I found a place who could do it).
Lo and behold, couple of years after I'd already had it done, see in Project Car where they did it with nothing more than a large bolt, some washers, and a couple of square steel plates.
I have the special tool kit to replace them easily. Sure the tool kit cost a couple of hundred bucks but I've used it a couple of times before, and the local Honda dealership has loaned it from me before. so as far as the bushings I won't be running crappy urethane inserts. There is supposed to be more to them than a stiff mounting point. But I agree that the drums suck ass. I know it's going to be expensive but I'm into doing things right the first time.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Proven to be worthless on a lowered car, causes a bind and doesnt allow it to rotate, causing it to ultimately tear and your back to square one, replacing them! Rubber is old news. . To each their own! :thumbup:
Proven to be worthless if you put them in at the factory angle. The geometry is thrown off and they twist and break when it's lowered. If you compensate and clock them as necessary then they will be reliable. But since nobody ever does it the right way, I can imagine the misunderstanding.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok, obviously I'm no engineer, but what else DOES that rubber do than support that mounting point?
I would think the urethane inserts do the same job, just don't flex as much.
I imagine ANYTHING you use there's gonna suck ass if you don't correct the camber angle when lowering the car, and certainly can't fault you for wanting to stay OEM.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Ok, obviously I'm no engineer, but what else DOES that rubber do than support that mounting point?
I would think the urethane inserts do the same job, just don't flex as much.
I imagine ANYTHING you use there's gonna suck ass if you don't correct the camber angle when lowering the car, and certainly can't fault you for wanting to stay OEM.
Most of the inserts just let the trailing arm slide within the urethane. The nicer spherical bearings are nice, but expensive and a bit much for daily driving. Blox makes some, but I also said nicer, so blox aren't the one's I'm talking about. Hardrace is what I'd get IF I got different bushings. But bushings that allow sloppy horizontal movement just don't make much sense to me.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice point, didn't think about the horizontal movement. See, TOLD ya I wasn't and engineer!

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I ordered the parts that should complete the engine. I haven't done anything else to the car. I've been too busy at work to think about working on it. But I've been thinking about what i wanted to do to it. Anyways here's the parts that came in today.
Intake and exhaust manifold gaskets, some bolts and studs, a throttle body gasket and an ITR throttle cable.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bump cause I want to see this thing more ^_^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
So I got a few things done today. I took the engine apart and got it ready for the machine shop. Ls 5th gear into my gsr trans and boring it to my b16 pistons and took the head apart to be cleaned and decked. Here are a few pics

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice man. I can't wait till I get into engine building.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im surpised you arent putting the 5th gear in yourself. its quite easy if you have access to a press

H22jonny

Loving this build man the standard of ur work is very high. Looking forward to seeing the finished car