5+ Year Member
What brand of body filler do you use?

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
What brand of body filler do you use?
Well I use several types. But recently I've been using Evercoat Metalworks metal glaze and Evercoat Rage Gold body filler. I used almost no filler since a gallon of the stuff is like $57.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
our shop used rage gold, it was pretty decent, sands pretty good

and smells amazing , my face when opening a can

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I also use evercoat...

But i suck at bodywork...

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
How do i get my hands on some?
Stick your hand inside the can after you buy some....LOL. But seriously I've seen a guy when I was like 16 scoop the stuff out of the can bare handed, and mix it with his hand and spread it. I haven't heard or seen of anyone else doing that on any other occasion. Maybe because it's bat s**t crazy. But any good paint store will have the stuff on it's shelf. Don't buy cheap filler or you'll regret it. Cheaper stuff gums up paper faster, doesn't sand as easily, leaves more pinholes, and doesn't spread as easily. On top of that cheap stuff is more likely to bleed through. Not cool if you've ever seen it.

BrIaN_EE4

i just skimmed through the first couple pages and thought i would put a tad bit of $0.02 in.. i noticed you said you wanted a LS 5th gear.. any reason as to why? i have a gsr swap in my del sol and the 5th has taken me to 187.3 mph according to my GPS.. a GSR 5th gear is plenty long, a LS 5th gear on a all motor setup will be pointless IMO, way too long.. even if you plan on boosting your gsr swap IMO its still a tad pointless unless you're making 500whp or more..

dont take any of my opinions as insult its just input because this is a clean build

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i just skimmed through the first couple pages and thought i would put a tad bit of $0.02 in.. i noticed you said you wanted a LS 5th gear.. any reason as to why? i have a gsr swap in my del sol and the 5th has taken me to 187.3 mph according to my GPS.. a GSR 5th gear is plenty long, a LS 5th gear on a all motor setup will be pointless IMO, way too long.. even if you plan on boosting your gsr swap IMO its still a tad pointless unless you're making 500whp or more..

dont take any of my opinions as insult its just input because this is a clean build
I can't speak for the OP, but I know a lot of people opt for an LS 5th if they have a lot of highway driving and want the RPMs to be lower on longer trips. I think it is more about low cruising RPM rather than overall top speed.

BrIaN_EE4

I can't speak for the OP, but I know a lot of people opt for an LS 5th if they have a lot of highway driving and want the RPMs to be lower on longer trips. I think it is more about low cruising RPM rather than overall top speed.
i guess i could see that.. just doesnt make much sense to me.. 70mph = 3700rpm on a gsr, 80mph = 4k rpm theyre not badly geared at all.. hell my fully built 500+whp del sol gets 30mpg @ 65mph on the freeway, cruising at 3400rpm

Ding ding ding!
LS 5th gear = Lower RPMS at faster speeds!
yes i know this, but without the right amount of power youll never reach a decent top speed quick at all.. like i said my stock gsr 5th has taken me to 187.3 so far and i still had 900rpm to go through..

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i guess i could see that.. just doesnt make much sense to me.. 70mph = 3700rpm on a gsr, 80mph = 4k rpm theyre not badly geared at all.. hell my fully built 500+whp del sol gets 30mpg @ 65mph on the freeway, cruising at 3400rpm

yes i know this, but without the right amount of power youll never reach a decent top speed quick at all.. like i said my stock gsr 5th has taken me to 187.3 so far and i still had 900rpm to go through..
Lower rpm=less stress on the engine & better fuel economy. It may matter to a speed racer like you, but in 99.9% of driving I'm not using my top speed. And power and top speed was NEVER the goal. Something I want to drive every day. Something that's not obnoxiously loud, good fuel economy, quick, and good looking as far as a civic is concerned. I'm not taking a s*** beater civic to 180 mph. Safety is marginal at that point. Responsibility for you and others becomes a problem also. It's like being in an airplane. If you make a mistake you'd be dead before you knew what happened. But you have the rights to do whatever you want, even if it is illegal.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Ok I did a little bit of work today. I stuck my lip up to the front to see how it looks sitting on there. To me it looks just fine. The front end is high in the sky but you get the general idea.

I also got some really high strength degreaser and pressure washed my engine bay. That thing looks brand new from the factory. Also the paint is kinda so so from the factory. It looks like robot "Ping Pong Ping" painted my engine bay on a Friday evening. The seam sealer is barely covered. Maybe it's because it's white? I dunno but they didn't put much effort into getting it covered back in the day. But still it looks great comparatively.
Before:

After:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks really good!

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, its the white... my white 94 coupe's seam sealer was barely covered as well...