My new Daily driver/beater

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no, i took the slicks off the del sols, put the regular tires back on, but then yesterday I put another set of slicks on the del sols to put on my hatch but i ran horrible. they didnt hook up at all.

EastCoastEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh shiznit! I've been away for a while, then I come back and see this. Hellz yeah boy, way to rock that wagon! Now, we must unite, and TAKE OVER THE WORLD!...one ugly-butt car at a time!

...Nice grab brotha, and good luck on the build. I'm glad for you that you: (1) Have the 88-91 chassis; and that (2) you don't have a carburetor and the 200-something vacuum lines that go with it. Both of these will save you a lot of headache.

Holla!

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh shiznit! I've been away for a while, then I come back and see this. Hellz yeah boy, way to rock that wagon! Now, we must unite, and TAKE OVER THE WORLD!...one ugly-butt car at a time!

...Nice grab brotha, and good luck on the build. I'm glad for you that you: (1) Have the 88-91 chassis; and that (2) you don't have a carburetor and the 200-something vacuum lines that go with it. Both of these will save you a lot of headache.

Holla!
yea man, all ive done so far is clean it up, change the starter and put the del sol wheels on it. I'll hopefully get it registered this week, start driving it everyday and look for a motor. I'd also like to have a new exhaust made, the current one has so many leaks.

EastCoastEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea man, all ive done so far is clean it up, change the starter and put the del sol wheels on it. I'll hopefully get it registered this week, start driving it everyday and look for a motor. I'd also like to have a new exhaust made, the current one has so many leaks.
same here. Let me know what kind of price quotes you are getting from different shops. I have had some ideas, and wanted to know how much the work would cost. I'll prob. not be ready to get mine done until fall though. I'm waiting until body work is complete.

matttitaly8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was thinkin its defentily the master cylinders gasket. Cuz when its compreseing the breaks air is leakin out and its loseing preasure. Seal must be shot and you might have a little break fluid runing down the fire wall. It can be to much of a problem to fix. But thats what its got to be

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u buy parts i can probably make a nice exhaust

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know a guy that works at a shop with a welder and exhaust pipe bender, but if i cant get anything ill let you know

4doorcivic16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
talk to ryan with the 4dr si. steves car is so much fun to drive. we got it to do a burnout today well more like a skert.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
talk to ryan with the 4dr si. steves car is so much fun to drive. we got it to do a burnout today well more like a skert.
i dont know how much longer its going to last if i keep letting you drive it.:lol:
thata car is so ugly. but yet so cool.
Starting to get used to it and I don't mind driving it so much anymore. Just can't wait to get a motor in there that ca actually accelerate without revving to 5k.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Updates....
OBD0 B18a with Cable LS trans. And axles.

Stock replacement clutch from Aimco Clutch on ebay.

Ebay mounts for B series into ED/EF chassis.

Swap shift linkage with Integra Dual Bend shifter,

Thanks to Nick for motor and some of the swap parts, and Scott for the shift linkage and getting me the Integra Dual bend shifter.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what motor is that sitting next to the axles?

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
was it a lucky guess or no?

i bought those same kinda mounts when i was going to put a LS in my hatch, they felt cheap as s**t, the "metal" was soft, i could hit it off the table and dent the edge lol.

i bet those mounts could be easily made from some better steel