My rice car: 1989 dx

xohcef-t

single clam masta
5+ Year Member
Yeah I ran the 23.5 by 8.5 by 15's. I will be going to the lensos and runing a 24.5 by 9 by 13.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Now thats a race car. Ugly and functional.

xohcef-t

single clam masta
5+ Year Member
Lol I try to keep it good lookin and functional but it is definitely a race car. Just two small rust spots on the whole car that will be taken care of along with a new front bumper and the outside will be tits!

Oh and slicks are m&h racemaster's

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Beast.

xohcef-t

single clam masta
5+ Year Member
Yessir, last year I cut consistant 1.6 60's on an open diff, 8.5" wide slick, and a 4 puc unsprung act clutch. This upcoming year I will buy one of the action clutch 2ms or md, which ever is the unsprung along with a welded differential, and lenso wheels and m/t 9" wide slicks. Hopefully I will be able to get that 60' down another .1-.15

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
some of your welds worry me but the car looks good.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yessir, last year I cut consistant 1.6 60's on an open diff, 8.5" wide slick, and a 4 puc unsprung act clutch. This upcoming year I will buy one of the action clutch 2ms or md, which ever is the unsprung along with a welded differential, and lenso wheels and m/t 9" wide slicks. Hopefully I will be able to get that 60' down another .1-.15
yea thats why i asked because of your extremely low 60 foots. that clutch must grab real hard. I love the feel of cable clutches. Especially race discs.
I'm just hoping now with a ACT HD with 6 puck with my lsd h22 trans I can pull a 1.80 or better 60ft to bring me into the 12's. Im trying to get a nice set of slicks but havent decided what would be best yet.

xohcef-t

single clam masta
5+ Year Member
nice nice car man :thumbs up
Thanks for the props!

some of your welds worry me but the car looks good.
Lol, thanks which ones are you talkin about the ones on the traction bar? I didn't do those. haha EDIT: after lookin at my pictures I would guess you're talking about the dump tube? those also weren't done by me but they will be changed up for next season along with a topmount.

yea thats why i asked because of your extremely low 60 foots. that clutch must grab real hard. I love the feel of cable clutches. Especially race discs.
I'm just hoping now with a ACT HD with 6 puck with my lsd h22 trans I can pull a 1.80 or better 60ft to bring me into the 12's. Im trying to get a nice set of slicks but havent decided what would be best yet.
I love cable clutches also, it does grab pretty hard and quite a bit of chatter too but hey it's a race disc.

I would reccomend though to not use act's extreme pressure plate. Sure it will grab hard as f**k but they will also ball up your thrust bearings, hence dsm's "crankwalk." I do think your 60" should definitely be do-able is your car boosted or just n/a?

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the props!

Lol, thanks which ones are you talkin about the ones on the traction bar? I didn't do those. haha EDIT: after lookin at my pictures I would guess you're talking about the dump tube? those also weren't done by me but they will be changed up for next season along with a topmount.

I love cable clutches also, it does grab pretty hard and quite a bit of chatter too but hey it's a race disc.

I would reccomend though to not use act's extreme pressure plate. Sure it will grab hard as f**k but they will also ball up your thrust bearings, hence dsm's "crankwalk." I do think your 60" should definitely be do-able is your car boosted or just n/a?
yea I heard the extreme pressure plate is pretty harsh. I just went with the heavy duty and a sprung disc.
motor is stock h22a with lsd jdm h22 trans. made 194 153 and ran 13.1 at 106 with a 1.96 60ft
made a couple changes to the motor bolt on wise, going for at least 200whp on the same dyno with a retune,

xohcef-t

single clam masta
5+ Year Member
Were you running the 1.96 60"s on street tires? If you were just get a set of slicks and I say you'll be way down into the 12's. You must be at sea level also right?

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Were you running the 1.96 60"s on street tires? If you were just get a set of slicks and I say you'll be way down into the 12's. You must be at sea level also right?
1.96 was on a set of 20x8x14 slicks with like 20 runs on them. launching(not even really a launch) at about 3k. slipping a stock clutch. Im pretty sure am at sea level.

xohcef-t

single clam masta
5+ Year Member
take that rpm up higher and dump that clutch! you'll get those sixty foots down lol.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats my plan for the up coming spring/summer at the track, got the lsd trans and a better clutch now. Gonna try to get a better set of slicks and a retune, we'll see. thanks for the advice. looking forward to more updates and track times of your car.

xohcef-t

single clam masta
5+ Year Member
thats my plan for the up coming spring/summer at the track, got the lsd trans and a better clutch now. Gonna try to get a better set of slicks and a retune, we'll see. thanks for the advice. looking forward to more updates and track times of your car.
What are you using as engine management? Is it Launch Control capable? That should definitely help.

xohcef-t

single clam masta
5+ Year Member
Thanks for the comments guys.

slowcivic e g- get some an msd launch control. It'll help out.