My rice car: 1989 dx

xohcef-t

single clam masta
5+ Year Member
Heres a small update. I have started getting a small pile of parts going for the upcoming year at Bandimere. I have gotten a small sponsorship through performance porting which is a small shop up in loveland CO, so the head is up there getting the full race treatment. I have gotten an adjustable fuel pressure regulator along with a secondary Walbro 255, New set of Aero wheels and mickey thompson wrinkle walls. I will be having PFIspeed build a custom turbo manifold. Heres a pic of the slicks on the car.

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Holy wheels batman! :shock:

xohcef-t

single clam masta
5+ Year Member
Yeah they stick out a little eh? I'm a little more used to the was exospeed/lenso does their offset which is metric, when I saw on the web that these wheels offset was measured in inches I was a little confused, lol. 1.5 60's here I come!!!!!

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice nice man! i love it.

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So im an idiot(previous post) anyways i like it good job man but hitting 1.5 60foots will be hard... anything is possible i guess though

xohcef-t

single clam masta
5+ Year Member
nice nice man! i love it.
Thank you, Thank you. I'm chompin at the bit for the DAMN track to open up already!!!!!

So im an idiot(previous post) anyways i like it good job man but hitting 1.5 60foots will be hard... anything is possible i guess though
EDIT: I couldn't find your last post, what were you referring to?

Thank you also for the props. I think it'll be do-able though, I pulled out several 1.65 and lower 60's last season on a harder compound slick so I really don't think it's out of reason, I just plan on raising the rpm up to about 6500-6800 and throw some more agressive numbers in the timing and fuel and I think I'll be right there. Thanks for the props guys, I will post up some more better pictures when my head comes back from Performance Porting, thanks to Dustin.

xohcef-t

single clam masta
5+ Year Member
Thanks Dustin I appreciate you doing all the work for me. I'll be up at pfi tomorrow I'll give you a ring when I get up there. Where are we at about 80% done? You should bring it with you.

xohcef-t

single clam masta
5+ Year Member
I've had my head back from Performance Porting for a while now just haven't had to much time to post pics or update the thread. I will try to get some new pics up of the head and intake manifold asap. Big thanks to Dustin at PP for his time and help with everything!

xohcef-t

single clam masta
5+ Year Member
Well heres some pictures of some new things/parts some old some new but here ya go. Some updates also, I blew up my ball bearing gt30 due to some bullshit bolts. So I have my first race test and tune of the year this next Friday and I gotta get a t3-t4 adapter and I'm borrowing a buddies t4 60-1, I also have to get this thing tuned all within the next 6 days. The vtec head below will not be on the set-up that gets tuned because sadly like other Americans income has grown short:( Updates will follow quickly over the next week so stay tuned.

I just took a couple of hours to solder up some old connections, relocate the fusebox and harness connectors inside the car. Looks a million times better.

Chillin in it's home, don't come look for it. Protected by a whole F'n arsenal

The work done on my head by Dustin at Performance Porting. Full race port and polish and then some on the head, and a port matched y8 intake manifold.

JDM H22A T-body on Y8 Intake Manifold

Supertech Valve Seals

Outside pics again

PFI!!!!!

Slicks

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what kind of wheels were those? offset? are you using extended studs and spacers?

xohcef-t

single clam masta
5+ Year Member
what kind of wheels were those? offset? are you using extended studs and spacers?
They are aero wheels, I got them from a fellow d-series guy here in CO. He just told me last friday that they are actually dirt track wheels +2" offset. No spacers/extended studs needed!

Still pretty sick
Thanks again

damnnnn very nice build man, cant wait to see the numbers with that beautiful head!
We actually crammed me in on the dyno last Thursday night only made about 4 pulls since it was 11pm by the time I got on the dyddno my hondata ended up being bad so we had to start from a scratch map and something was wrong. At 20 psi it made like 280hp and 270ft/lbs. I ran a couple of 12.8's on 13psi and ended up breaking the s**t outta the diffy with the new slicks comin outta the water box. Will keep you guys posted on more numbers and parts as they go on.

xohcef-t

single clam masta
5+ Year Member

The turbo that was lent to me after I trashed mine and the t3-t4 adapter plate. Thank you Brent Leivestad.

new fuel rail and regulator so I wont run outta fuel this time.

The carnage of the waterbox lol

ej2rey

No Boost! No Life!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yikes! That is some carnage.
Turbo is looking beefy tho.

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
man its been a while since i looked at your thread. VERY NICE progress bro.