My Supercharged Taurus SHO

5thGenCX

long gearing owns me.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i LOVE the sound of that engine.. very nice SHO, 2 thumbs up.

Nine78Guy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my neighbor has one of these.......not f*uckable(ugly), but fast. 24 valve yamaha motor ftw

yamahaSHO

5+ Year Member
Old thread, but no need to start a new thread... Here are some new pics and a dyno. They dyno is with a horrible tune and I was fighting my BOV. It kept opening up at 15 PSI. I starting working on my tune after I moved to NE but ended up getting a short. That sucks as I was changing my "injector offset vs battery voltage" (controls how the injectors react to the battery voltage as if fluctuates with driving) which means all the changes I was fighting are useless.

I can't find the one that shows the A/F, but it wasn't that great.

I have put 4,000 ish miles on it in the 1.5 years the motor has been finished. It's been fun, but I'm lusting for RWD since I can't even put the power down in 2nd gear on this car.

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Car looks nice...I am liking the 2 year update also...

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
And at the end of the day, its still a Ford. Well, atleast they circled the problem for you. :what:

yamahaSHO

5+ Year Member
And at the end of the day, its still a Ford. Well, atleast they circled the problem for you. :what:

HA! FUNNY....

Ironic thing is that my Ford (both of my SHO's) has been more reliable than my Civic :(

BTW, it is a Ford, Mazda and Yamaha in the same car.

lownslow

5+ Year Member
haha i just stumbled across this i own 2 red 94 taurus sho's one was a parts car i picked up cheap that is about to get sent on its way. but i sill have my baby i never ended up supercharging my sho becuase i was still in high school and ran out of money after juicing the first motor and spinning a rod then building up a second motor and swapping it in and its stayed that way since. i love the car and still have it.

edit your jason from over on shoforum right?

yamahaSHO

5+ Year Member
haha i just stumbled across this i own 2 red 94 taurus sho's one was a parts car i picked up cheap that is about to get sent on its way. but i sill have my baby i never ended up supercharging my sho becuase i was still in high school and ran out of money after juicing the first motor and spinning a rod then building up a second motor and swapping it in and its stayed that way since. i love the car and still have it.

edit your jason from over on shoforum right?
Yep, that's me!

shoman04

No SHO's ever cam supercharged. I added the Vortech T-trim myself. You can see a picture of it here...

Here are a few shots on the track.

Easy Target...

And some random shots...

Stock motor + 9 PSI

Mine and my dad's toy

Some pics from a few years ago.

great car man!! I loved my 93 green sho so much that i got 2011 kona blu sho. see photo album at TCCA. more taurus's lovers.

Jose1027

Registered VIP
Bad ass man,most taurus i see are in bad shape,well around here,this is the 1st time i see a cool one:thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Great looking car. I was in high school when the first ones came out. Loved the boxy styling of these and it still works today, nearly 20 yrs later. These would have been more fun in RWD form or the AWD that they now offer.

And at the end of the day, its still a Ford.
You could say the same thing or worse about Hondas', with all the money ppl dump into them, at the end of the day, it's still a Japanese econobox, with a majority of them transformed into a riced out, rattle canned half done hack job project.
=)

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
guys did u not see the date? some noob bumped a thread from 2008.

who are u guys even' talking to...