New Rota Wheels :) :/ :(

ryanM

LC2ner said:
158 posts and I bet 100 of them are about those dumb wheels...
I think they look good. If you arnt showing your car, then I dont see what the big deal is about knock offs. Im getting whatever I can find thats cheep and light; probally fliks cause they look like spoons and are 11 pounds. Plus they are only 90 bucks.
just wanted to pop in and say, holy f**k you have a lot of body roll in your sig pic :lol:

LC2ner

5+ Year Member
LongGrain said:
just wanted to pop in and say, holy f**k you have a lot of body roll in your sig pic :lol:
Hell yes I do...:cry: Hopefully books wont cost me a lot this semester, and I can put some sway bars on there. Then comes grip. She'll get there one day... Though, I promised myself I would only buy wheels if I got my internship down south this summer...

ryanM

LC2ner said:
Hell yes I do...:cry: Hopefully books wont cost me a lot this semester, and I can put some sway bars on there. Then comes grip. She'll get there one day... Though, I promised myself I would only buy wheels if I got my internship down south this summer...

ahh, its no big deal, i probably have just as much. but not for long :twisted: cant wait to get my coils and sway bar.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
soldiaboy said:
yes its true.... these knockoffs will be the next set of rims on my car..

JR_EK2000

500p3r50n1c
5+ Year Member
I think some of the Rota wheels look ok, well, only two of them, the flight (5spoke) and grid (6spoke) they pretty cheap, coming in at £400 for a set (no tyres).
Im gonna pop a set of 16" gunmetal grids on my hatch soon is i have the cash

legobrainboy

5+ Year Member
hey... rota's ain't too bad.

guess which of the two pictures have the real ones and which ones are knock-offs...

with a couple of authentic Work decals (including the quality control sticker for behind the spokes) and some dupont paint those Rota J.SPL's look exactly like RSZ-R's. :D so unless you try to pry the rims apart to see if they're single piece or 2-piece, you can hardly tell the difference.

oh and if performance and quality comes into play... try running real RSZ-R's over 4-inch deep potholes (millions of them here in manila) and see if they don't dent or crack. my J.SPL's have taken quite a lot of abuse (including a couple of flat-out jumps over speed bumps) and they still look brand new. oh and try to lift an RSZ-R on your strong arm and a J.SPL on your weak arm... believe me the J.SPL's are lighter.

legobrainboy

5+ Year Member
soldiaboy said:
i'm guessing you mean the second pic has the real ones. other than the fact that i mentioned i have knock-offs and the first pic is apparently a picture of my ride... how were you able to tell that those are the originals?

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
because I work for WORK ;)

ahha jp man I took a guess. it was 50 50 after all

legobrainboy

5+ Year Member
soldiaboy said:
because I work for WORK ;)

ahha jp man I took a guess. it was 50 50 after all

hahahaha! you got me. almost spit out my drink. good guess! but you gotta admit... those knock-off ain't too bad. rota avoids getting sued by making slight changes to the original design. like for the RSZ-R's, the imitations are only single-piece. not 2-piece like the originals. oh and the canals behind the spokes look different.

blacknmild874

b00st s00n!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i like the second one in the original post. i like rota just because i can afford them and they are reliable.

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
legobrainboy said:
hahahaha! you got me. almost spit out my drink. good guess! but you gotta admit... those knock-off ain't too bad. rota avoids getting sued by making slight changes to the original design. like for the RSZ-R's, the imitations are only single-piece. not 2-piece like the originals. oh and the canals behind the spokes look different.
didnt know that :thumbup:

btw how much would it cost to send over rims from the philippines 8)

legobrainboy

5+ Year Member
soldiaboy said:
didnt know that :thumbup:

btw how much would it cost to send over rims from the philippines 8)
buying the rims here would be a whole lot cheaper. rota's here are only like half the price they're selling for in the states. some models like the slipstreams are even cheaper. as low as a third of the US retail price.

i'll find out how much it would cost to ship a set of 4 rims... gimme until tomorrow.

racing_kid

take that sucka!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i like the 1st ones.....i like the old school look. i cant talk bad about rotas only because i have some.(old school rotas)

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
legobrainboy said:
buying the rims here would be a whole lot cheaper. rota's here are only like half the price they're selling for in the states. some models like the slipstreams are even cheaper. as low as a third of the US retail price.

i'll find out how much it would cost to ship a set of 4 rims... gimme until tomorrow.
damn, :shock: let me know :thumbup: