I'vce never liked rotas. Exel is my favourite brand. Motegi I like too
Should be happy to know most of their designs are knockoffs too :D

NewEraImports09

Civic Aficionado
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
89slohatch said:
if you ask me, rota is the s**t. they make good looking wheels and reasonable prices. i don't give a s**t about having a $1k set of authentic mugen rims. i want exactly what rota offers, a good looking wheel at a price that is AFFORDABLE
Shhhit thats why i like them, i mean unless they are offering a great deal of performance for those extra hundred or thousand more the originals go for

Andrey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Finally ROTA h8 reached CC
Yay!
jks yeah thats kinda f**ked up :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
charles_00Civic said:
I'vce never liked rotas. Exel is my favourite brand. Motegi I like too
HAHAHHAHAHAHA Motegi's are f**king garbage...

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
99GSRHatch said:
You obviously show that you don't frequent H-T much do you...:lol:
their cars all look the same ... ive been to two nor cal ht meets and have not been impressed overall.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Melt said:
their cars all look the same ... ive been to two nor cal ht meets and have not been impressed overall.
well duh, if you DONT style your car after the way everyone else does on there you get flamed like a b***h. It's pretty damn stupid over there, even though some of the guys there are pretty down the earth and know there s**t. it's usually the JDM ricers over there who start constant s**t cause they're pissy about spending 2k on a set of ugly ass rims when the new kid who spend 800 on a full set of wheels and tires that look the same as the JDM ricers whip.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sorry, i wasn't really paying attention while i wrote that :lol:

It means, the JDMer got pissed off because a newbie paid a fraction of the price compared to the JDMer on a set of wheels that look exactly the same. That's what I meant :lol:

Nine78Guy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
don't hate on rotas. i gots some slips and they looks mad nice.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no one needs to hate on rota...most of cc has rotas....im willing to bet that 75 percent of the people who say they have rims have either si rims or rota rims

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
99GSRHatch said:
sorry, i wasn't really paying attention while i wrote that :lol:

It means, the JDMer got pissed off because a newbie paid a fraction of the price compared to the JDMer on a set of wheels that look exactly the same. That's what I meant :lol:
gotcha.. i have rotas..i like them.. but i dont THINK that the quality of them is equal to say a spoon, or volk rim..

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
damn. i want a set of RSZ-R's but they are discontinued. i was lookin all over the net of them then read they were dis. that sucks cuz i love thos rims

JustaSolCR-VTEC

5+ Year Member
I had rota C8s and traded them for my current advan knockoffs. I've always loved the Mugen M7s, but prefer to put more money into my engine than spend money on real JDM wheels.

to those knocking Rota wheels: whatever floats your boat. you go buy your awesome bling JDM wheels. I'll still pull on you with my knockoffs.

eg6_310

5+ Year Member
Well, whether it be Rota, R-1 Racing, Konig, Motegi, ADR, etc., wheel choice much like anything else is a question of need vs. want, both tempered by budget. Anyone can want Volk, Enkei, Buddy Club, and even HREs but it's an individual decision whether he NEEDS any of these branded wheels. And obviously, that need is going to be limited by how much one can afford to spend on wheels. I slapped on Rotas on my hatch after I recovered it from a recent theft. After checking some salvage yards for steel wheels with used tires (they quoted me anywhere from $200 to $300 for the set), I decided on Rotas cuz I could get them for $600 out the door with tires from my buddy's wheelshop. I just needed wheels, but considering the value I would get for $200-$300 versus new wheels with new tires for $600, the choice was pretty easy. Now when I do get around the replacing the wheels once the motor, kit and paint is all done, then I'll get some tires for the RPF-1s and slap em on. Til then, I don't NEED a fancy set of wheels.

I also tend to think that the value of / investment in the car plays a role in whether someone gets a replica set of wheels or not. I would never put Rotas on my Evo or 240 for the sheer sake of having put a huge sum of money already into both cars. Rather, I'm putting Buddy Club QFs on the Evo and the 240 already has CE-28Ns on em.

I generally have a distaste for knockoff companies, cuz they're generally profiting off other people creativity and ideas. One look at the body kit world is a telltale sign of what's going on. I've seen this one company, the name of which I won't mention, literally use photos of the new Ings kit for the CT9A Evo on evolutionm.net to "gauge" interest in a knock off kit. What nerve! But oh well. You figure, if the demand isn't there then the supply wouldn't exist. 80/20 rule I say. 80% knockoffs, 20% real.

C.F. Freak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think others, like me, don't want to be sitting on $2600 rims every day. I can tell you I would be pissed off to all hell if I got curb-rash on a set of Mugens!

If I can ever find a bone-f**king-stock EBP Em1 in this area I'd really like to get a set of authentic Mugens because I plan on attending quite a few local shows, but $2600 rims is just isn't practical on a daily driver. Especially with the way Hondas are being stolen now. Imagine all the mother f**kers that would be stalking you if you had REAL Mugens or Spoons, etc. on your car!

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
does anyone know if the jmag polish will come in bronze?

C.F. Freak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
soldiaboy said:
does anyone know if the jmag polish will come in bronze?
I don't doubt it, it seems like every Rota rim in existence comes in every color you can imagine.