New Rota Wheels :) :/ :(

Silver-Shooter

silveRShooter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hybrid93Hatch said:
Yeah, it's balla/PimP status if you got the Real JDM $hitz, but that's all it is, balla status.
thats so untrue it hurts... civic wheels will never be baller status. the prices for the genuine wheels that civic owners complain about are about the same prices that bmw guys pay for knock off bbs's and acs's... you don't know baller untill you're paying 3-4k for wheels w/o tires.

besides... most of the wheels rota copies are forged, weigh less and are more reliable under track conditions then their rota counterparts.

rota is a s**t company that can't come up w/ an original design... i have no respect for them or their wheels.

CivicKid95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love my rota slips cuz they're cheap and they're good enough for my activities. I think investing in good tires is alot more important than spendng 2 grand on ur rims.

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn those are the REAL Mugen m7's....lookin sexy

Carlip

Got boost?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here in the UK, i slay Rotas like it's a pass time...bloody hate them

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
those mugen knockoffs are pretty pimpin.
I'd get em if i had another civic.

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thumbs up from me. I think unless you garage your car and drive it only during the weekends, or a hardcore racer who really needs the weight/strength advantages of the more expensive rims, ROTAs are the way to go. Not worth the money to have it damage or worse.. stolen!!

I had a set of 15" Slipstreams with 205/50 tires and they weigh just as much my steelies... pretty light. However compared to the real Spoons they are 3lbs or so heavier... do I really need to spend that extra $1000 for 3 lbs... maybe if I needed to beat everyone on the highway, oh yea!!! But then again the stockie d16y7 gets owned by the average mini-van already... sighs. Personal preferences I guess.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wel.... 3 lbs of unspring weight on each corner is actually a pretty big difference. HOWEVER in day to day driving it's pointless and in fact STUPID to have really expensive rims. s**t happens.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Rota's have always had knock offs....thats just how they are. :what:

SpeedyB16a2

5+ Year Member
Rota caught my eye and not in a good way either, UK folk love Rota's personally i cant stand them. The new D2's that copy the Work Meisters Sux, i only hope thy dont copy my wheels <Nezart Spoke II's> I disown any Rota lover calling them JDM also :roll: :twisted:

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
LowNotSlow said:
wel.... 3 lbs of unspring weight on each corner is actually a pretty big difference. HOWEVER in day to day driving it's pointless and in fact STUPID to have really expensive rims. s**t happens.
Yea I know, just trying to point it out that you don't neccessarly have to get the authentic item unless you really need it... But the more power to people who wants authencity... personal preferences I say.

Carlip

Got boost?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Rotas suck like the bum in Menace To Society.

Za0G13

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
WOW, thats alot of rota and mugen talk. dare i mention Enkei? LOL, I bought some Enkei MM2's (silver) for my WHITE 02 civic Ex. I hope THEY'RE not knockoffs LOL.

I CAN'T IMAGINE SPENDING OVER 1K FOR A RIM. THATS JUST CRAZY.
THOSE ENKEI MM2's ARE A DISCONTINUED WHEEL FROM THE ONLINE SITE THAT I GOT THEM FROM. ATLEAST IN THE SIZE I GOT THEM IN..(17) INCH

LC2ner

5+ Year Member
Za0G13 said:
WOW, thats alot of rota and mugen talk. dare i mention Enkei? LOL, I bought some Enkei MM2's (silver) for my WHITE 02 civic Ex. I hope THEY'RE not knockoffs LOL.

I CAN'T IMAGINE SPENDING OVER 1K FOR A RIM. THATS JUST CRAZY.
THOSE ENKEI MM2's ARE A DISCONTINUED WHEEL FROM THE ONLINE SITE THAT I GOT THEM FROM. ATLEAST IN THE SIZE I GOT THEM IN..(17) INCH
158 posts and I bet 100 of them are about those dumb wheels...
I think they look good. If you arnt showing your car, then I dont see what the big deal is about knock offs. Im getting whatever I can find thats cheep and light; probally fliks cause they look like spoons and are 11 pounds. Plus they are only 90 bucks.