new track car!!!!

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
woot, my bro ran 14.45 @the track, 2850lb car.
stock tires and slipping clutch lol

EF Honda EF

we ran the crx tonight, low 14's on 6 pounds. turned it up to 9 and i lost power about half way down the track. dunno what happened. it ran like doo doo after that, we let it sit for the rest of the night and started it up and drove it home and it seemed to be running better, what would cause a sudden loss of power. also the valve cover opening hole thing smelled like gas. but after a while it kinda fixed its self. we are gonna run next week hopefully at 9 psi. sorry 4 no pics.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
low 14's?!?! someone told me 13.8! :lol:

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
we didnt want to tell anyone about the 13.8 run. not yet, but you just ruined it. god kyle. yea but it didnt run too bad, especially for how little money we spent on the kit itself, scott spent a million dollars on tuning stuff, but other than that it was pretty low in cost.

EF Honda EF

this cars turbo kit was taken off and now is a NA daily dirver. after i replace the head gasket. Has anyone done this. I know you should replace the head bolts but has any one had any personal experience with not replaceing the bolts. did it turn out fine?

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whenever you remove head bolts your supposed to replace them.
ARP studs can be retourqed about 8 times safely.

since it was boosted, the stock ones have probably streched a little more then normal

why is it going to be a DD?

EF Honda EF

im getting a type r long block and i like crx's more than hatches. and while im doing the type r install i need the d16 in my hatch so i can still have a car to drive.(trading the b16 in my hatch for the type r+cash)

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think the word "fast" and "sooo" are being thrown around in this thread a bit too much...

13's were fast in 1999
alright kyle, I dont see you running any 13's. and it doesnt only have to be fast on the track.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i really dont think so. and the time slips show it. a 14.3 with drag radials vs. a 14.1 on camber wore 14" gsr wheels with some winter tires, with 2-step at 2500 rpms, and not being able to shift into third...

not to mention, that car is no longer boosted for some reason...

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn 14.3 with drag radial?
my bro did that with stock tires clutch and suspension lol.
j/k man

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
your brother didnt pay only max 400 dollars for his turbo kit, that came from a junkyard. yes his car does weigh much more but im sure everything was in better condition, but also his motor is not 16 years old.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
your brother didnt pay only max 400 dollars for his turbo kit, that came from a junkyard. yes his car does weigh much more but im sure everything was in better condition, but also his motor is not 16 years old.

his car wight 2980 when he was @ the track.

no he paied more for his kit/tune.

thats why i said j/k:roll:

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well EF Honda EF payed alot for his tuning stuff, but im sure he'll use it on much more than the crx turbo. yea i knew u were kiddin

EF Honda EF

well the guy i wanted to buy the type r off of is being a jew and wants to keep cause he is gonna get a loan, so it is looking like i will be building my b16 up a little and putting it in the crx. i need to talk to that guy about the doors. i dont think i am going to get the whole doors just the interior panels and the moldings