new track car!!!!

EF Honda EF

kyle10182 said:
ZIF sockets are the s**t! xenocron does ZIF socketing. Phearable does not.
they dont work with the ostrich. i dont know y he would sell zif sockets and a ostrich in one kit. i had to mod the piss out of mine to work. they are nice if you are just swapping chips.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get a DIP socket soldered in, then use a ZIF on top of that, for ease of removal

EF Honda EF

the lever on the ZIF socket hits the ostrich chip.also can you hook crome up to an obd0 ecu adn but a base map into the ostrich and run the car or will crome not work at all on obd0

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EF Honda EF said:
the lever on the ZIF socket hits the ostrich chip.also can you hook crome up to an obd0 ecu adn but a base map into the ostrich and run the car or will crome not work at all on obd0
Crome is a OBD1 Editor, wont work with OBD0

Turboedit or BRE for OBD0
ill be using turboedit with teh LS/vtec

EF Honda EF

the ostrich thing wont work at all with the zif unless you mod it like i did. green can you show me where you solder the datalogging pin into the obd0 ecu. i think it is cn3 but im not sure.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
top left hand corner, pins 1-4

EF Honda EF

ok thanks. is there a special data logging cable for obd0 or will the one i got work. it has a white wire in the middle and a red one one side and black on the other. it only uses 3 wires but the clip is ment for 4

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
need the Hulog for moates.
when i planned on converting to OBD1, i sold mine:( so i now i need to buy a new one

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not sure if there different, if you contact him with any questions, he can answer them. i had to contact him to get the datalog to work, at first i couldent get it to work, its a b***h

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well EF Honda EF and I yesterday got the CRX runnin pretty well on the base map and runnin on the stock setting of 4 psi and it felt pretty fast and then yesterday before the day was over i put on the boost controller to raise the boost a bit but didnt ride in it, well today I took a ride with 6 lbs of boost and its fast, thats all I can say is fast, within a short distance we were doing well over 80mph, within a few hundred feet, and we were spinning the F out of the tires in 2nd, its fast. Kyle please dont hate.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol any car that has been turboed, feels faster, now go slap it on the dyno.

i still am surprised my bro got 218hp/198tq from a stock d17 with a turbo@9.85psi

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Green 91 said:
lol any car that has been turboed, feels faster, now go slap it on the dyno.

i still am surprised my bro got 218hp/198tq from a stock d17 with a turbo@9.85psi
we were gonna run it at capitol today but they have some gay truck event going on so they arent doing test and tune.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
booo.
lol

theres test and tune today up here at mason dixion dragway

never mind, some mopar meet today. lol
next week they have test and tune though

Last edited:

EF Honda EF

ok well i drilled and welded the o2 bung on the down pipe and welded a long stright piece of exhaust onto the downpipe and hooked up the wideband and started tuning. i dont have datalogging yet so i just looked at the vacuum and rpms and afr and made adjustments for idle and rpms up to about 2500(i couldnt drive it). with datalogging on turbo edit will a different color box show up in the range you are in(i know crome has it) so you can make adjustments easier? also will it make a map just like fuel and timing but for afr