**Official CC Gun Thread**

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haven't figured out how to merge threads here on the new board.. so until I do, go here and bring this one back from the dead!

http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/official-cc-gun-thread.127461/

;)

I got chu braw. From what I can tell, you select the posts you want to move and then put in the URL of the thread you want them in. If you want a whole thread like the one I just did, you just select every post by clicking a post and then clicking "select all" in the right corner. :thumbs up

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
S&W MP 9 here with Apex Tactical Trigger and Trijicon sights.

@young_

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the tag, Mark!

Glock 19 with trijicon HD night sights, zev tech competition 3.5lb trigger kit with a lone wolf sear, and brownell's extended slide release.

Approaching 1000 rounds through it so far. No malfunctions except with one brand of super light frangible crap. (Dynamic research technology)

I sold my remington 700 sps tactical .223 with a leupold scope and Harris bipod, to my brother for close to what I paid for it. I may buy it back one day.

I've got a remington 870 20 gauge that I'll probably be selling to pick up a 12 gauge soon. I still haven't decided on semi vs pump.

I plan on building an AR soon, still undecided on a million parts for that.

So lately I've just been carrying my glock every day, everywhere, and training with it whenever possible.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I got chu braw. From what I can tell, you select the posts you want to move and then put in the URL of the thread you want them in. If you want a whole thread like the one I just did, you just select every post by clicking a post and then clicking "select all" in the right corner. :thumbs up
Thanks!!

On topic note, I'm taking a hunter safety course in March and getting my first shotgun in the spring. Remington 870 or Mossberg 500.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Go remington! I've personally always felt like mossbergs felt cheap.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I know next to nothing about guns so there's going to be a steep learning curve but it's alright.. I'm excited. I've shot plenty before as most of my buddies shoot but I couldn't tell you how to clean one, etc.

We shot 10lbs of Tannerite at my buddies bachelor party. :lol: There was a large monitor on top of said Tannerite. We were probably 75 yards away and had a large piece of it fly over our heads. :shock:

...We were way out in west bumfuck boonies NY south of Buffalo. Cops still showed up (while we were playing pinata with a duct taped microwave; inside were cigars and nips of whiskey)... all was good though and there was no trouble. :thumbs up

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Thanks!!

On topic note, I'm taking a hunter safety course in March and getting my first shotgun in the spring. Remington 870 or Mossberg 500.
Everyone and their mother is going to give you their opinion on the 870 vs. 500 debate. What it really boils down to is user controls, and which one feels better in your hands. Rumor has it that the Remington has a smoother action, and that Mossberg makes a tougher barrel. Neither of these will be incredibly significant, since you're going to wear the action in over time (it also doesn't have any impact on accuracy), and Remington's barrels are more more than good enough.

Determine what you plan to use the shotgun for, and find which configuration for each will fit the bill the best. Then go to the gun store and hold each. Find the user controls and see how you like using the controls on each shotgun, then determine which one you like better. At the end of the day, they're both fantastic shotguns, and neither one will ever let you down.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Everyone and their mother is going to give you their opinion on the 870 vs. 500 debate. What it really boils down to is user controls, and which one feels better in your hands. Rumor has it that the Remington has a smoother action, and that Mossberg makes a tougher barrel. Neither of these will be incredibly significant, since you're going to wear the action in over time (it also doesn't have any impact on accuracy), and Remington's barrels are more more than good enough.

Determine what you plan to use the shotgun for, and find which configuration for each will fit the bill the best. Then go to the gun store and hold each. Find the user controls and see how you like using the controls on each shotgun, then determine which one you like better. At the end of the day, they're both fantastic shotguns, and neither one will ever let you down.
Awesome, thanks for the info Vic! I'm actually excited to take the hunter safety course..

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Vic nailed it. GLAD TO HAVE YOU BACK VIC!

We need more gun people here.

I can tell you that I've put at least 3k shells through my remington 870. They're dead reliable, and will feed whatever you give them. Gotta love a pump =)

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok, let's revitalize this thread:

Going for pheasant in Nov in SD and deer in late Nov and have owed pistols for a while.
FNH FNS-9
Mossberg 500 28" dual bead barrel (replaceable chokes) and 24" cantilever rifled barrel with 2.5x24 optic. And the wife's first time behind the trigger for kicks.. and my deplorable grouping at 100 yards first time behind the
12 gauge.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Ruger 10/22 heavily modified. Integrally suppressed barrel is on the way. Made by MA Customs in Jesup, GA.
My concealed carry depends on what I'm wearing that day. But I carry the below Walthers.
Walther PPS40
Walther PPS22

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm obsessed with guns, and open carry an H&K vp9 every single day. Before that I carried a Gen 4 Glock 19 with Trijicon HD night sights, zev tech 3.5lb trigger kit, and an extended slide release.

Gonna be putting some Trijicon HD's on the vp9 soon. I open carry with a safariland ALS retention holster, and conceal (rarely) with a blackpoint tactical IWB.

I have a Remington 870 20 gauge, an old luger 22 handgun, a ruger American rimfire 22, and a Remington 700 spa tactical chambered in .223 with the 20 inch heavy barrel, hogue over molded synthetic stock, Leopold scope, harris bipod, and a gieselle trigger. Great precision rifle.

I'll post pics later. I'm on nights and supposed to be asleep right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Excellent! Thinking of starting a dpms 80% lower build ( an ar10 ) but need to do more research. Thoughts and suggestions?

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know s**t about building AR's but I know that daniel defense and BCM are both awesome rifles. Not sure about in the ar10 world though.

uploadfromtaptalk1452078897910.jpg

Quick pic of my vp9 with surefire x300u. Gotta take some pics of my other guns.

Edit: pulled these off instagram.

Most of them are in those photos.

Last edited:

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't know s**t about building AR's but I know that daniel defense and BCM are both awesome rifles. Not sure about in the ar10 world though.

View attachment 26820

Quick pic of my vp9 with surefire x300u. Gotta take some pics of my other guns.

Edit: pulled these off instagram.

Most of them are in those photos.

Jealous- I live in a very restrictive state and obtaining a CCWP is almost a non-option and forget about open carry. Even though I did work for a federal munitions test facility and carried during employment, my application was still denied.

Just want a simple 3 gun set.. pistol, shotgun, mag fed semi-auto rifle. would like to build an 80% build just to feed the mechanical nerd in me and to set it up exactly how I want it from the jump.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dude.. make a move if at all possible.

I can't imagine living without the freedoms that I have here in Georgia. It's hard to describe. Society itself is very respectful down here, and partly because everyone is armed. If I go to Walmart and see less than 5 people open carrying, it's odd. I can "make" people that are concealing, all day.

I carry into my doctors office and just set it on the counter whenever I have to remove my pants for any reason.

The ONLY places that I don't/can't carry into are federal/gov buildings with security screening. For example, the tag office does not have security screening, so I can still carry there.

The courthouse does have screening, but even then if I were to forget, Georgia has a right to retreat law where we can simply go put it in the car with no issues if we're caught trying to bring it past the metal detectors.

Georgia is super gun friendly.

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dude.. make a move if at all possible.

I can't imagine living without the freedoms that I have here in Georgia. It's hard to describe. Society itself is very respectful down here, and partly because everyone is armed. If I go to Walmart and see less than 5 people open carrying, it's odd. I can "make" people that are concealing, all day.

I carry into my doctors office and just set it on the counter whenever I have to remove my pants for any reason.

The ONLY places that I don't/can't carry into are federal/gov buildings with security screening. For example, the tag office does not have security screening, so I can still carry there.

The courthouse does have screening, but even then if I were to forget, Georgia has a right to retreat law where we can simply go put it in the car with no issues if we're caught trying to bring it past the metal detectors.

Georgia is super gun friendly.

Wish i could man, have too much invested here.

Maybe once the kids are off on their own I'll swing south but the north east in general is pretty shitty for 2A.

Going out saturday to sight in the optic on the 12ga and taking my hunter course etc.. in March so white tail and pheasant upcoming for 2016.

Thinking of selling the FN and getting something different, but on the fence about it. $44 a magazine and 0 aftermarket support is kinda rough... even though it shoots and points very well / naturally.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I feel you on the expensive mags. My new HK mags are 40 a piece. It's worth it though.

I look at guns like cars. The nice ones are like v8's. Great performers but bad gas mileage (expensive mags)