Official WoW (world of warcraft) thread

turboej7

Garage 808, tuning the NW
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You guys that dont want to farm gold (and want toons with epic flying/cold weather)... my account is still for sale

80 Death knight (Human) in ICC10 gear and Shadows Edge (collecting souls portion of questline) - full ICC10 tank gear OS - http://www.mywowarmory.com/profile.php?id=210407
80 Enh/Resto Shaman (Draenei) - was my raid toon before my DK and has 310% mount in addition to t5-t7 gear in bank (nostaglia) - http://www.mywowarmory.com/profile.php?id=210408
80 Rogue (Dwarf) - http://www.mywowarmory.com/profile.php?id=210412
80 Hunter (N.Elf) - http://www.mywowarmory.com/profile.php?id=210414
80 Paladin (Human) - http://www.mywowarmory.com/profile.php?id=210416 (first raid toon with full t2 Judgement gear)

75 Warrior (Draenei) - http://www.mywowarmory.com/profile.php?id=210417 (Twink)
75 Warlock (Human) - http://www.mywowarmory.com/profile.php?id=210415 (Twink)

As well I have a bank alt that has 3 tabs purchased and about 25k gold in the bank... only reason im selling this is cause I have lost interest in the game. You make me a reasonable offer and its yours. Between all these toons you will never have to farm gold again... they are all self sufficient toons that can make a ton of money (transmutes to gems, herb gathering to flask, skinning and mining) I was able to put epic flying on every toon with little effort, with the addition of cold weather and buying gear... I still had around 25k to just stare at. I don't want to split them... so let me know if your interested.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well.. still don't have epic flying.. Level 71. Tanking is such a b***h. I can't seem to get it right with my bear. I'm fine against single/double mobs and bosses... but when we get to about more than 3 trash mobs, I'm screwed. I can't figure out how to keep aggro on all of them.

turboej7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well.. still don't have epic flying.. Level 71. Tanking is such a b***h. I can't seem to get it right with my bear. I'm fine against single/double mobs and bosses... but when we get to about more than 3 trash mobs, I'm screwed. I can't figure out how to keep aggro on all of them.
Single Target/Boss
Keep Faerie fire feral up (if no one else is doing a similar or better debuff)
Keep Demoralizing Roar up (unless someone else doing similar or better debuff or the boss hits like a little girl and you want rage)
Use Mangle on every CD (4.5 sec with imp. Mangle which is mandatory)
Keep Lacerate 5 stacks up, reapply when about to expire
Use swipe otherwise (swipe beats lacerate on threat, but doesn't beat a lacerate stack)
Use Maul all the time

3+ mobs
I suggest you enrage before you pull. It is always best to pull a mob or a group of mobs when you got rage. Without rage you can't do anything. When you got sufficient rage you can start pulling the group of mobs by casting Faerie Fire on the mob that the DPS classes will have to kill first. Just like with Boss tanking press Maul when the mobs are coming to you, this will grant you an instant maul when they are in melee range. Start with Swipe, this will give generate threat on all 3 mobs followed with a Demo Roar. At this point the mobs are hitting you which gives you more rage to use more ability's. Cast a mangle on the main mob again followed by more swipes. At this point, DPS can begin on the primary target. Your attack rotation should be identical to single mob tanking, except with Lacerates replaced with Swipes. Keep in mind that for most bears, Lacerate will do significantly (hugely for 64-69 lvl bears, and bears just beginning the 70 instances) more threat than Swipe to the primary target, so your overall threat generation against the primary target will be slightly lower.

Anymore than 3... learn to tab target, but keep an eye on your main target to prevent dps from pulling threat.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Here's a question.... Should mages be blizzarding every mob? Back when I used to play, over a year ago... and on a different server, it was very looked down upon for mages to use blizzard in instances (except for rare situations.) Now, every mage I meet ONLY uses blizzard. It drives me nuts when I have a big pull... because If I pull anything more than 3, I have zero time to gain aggro on the other mobs. Is this something I'm doing wrong, or do I need to start putting the slapdown on some mages. lol

Btw, my 80 is a mage... so I am very familiar with mage etiquette. However, he was only on one server.. and it was a year ago. So things may not be the same game wide / over time.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Bear's aren't great for aoe tanking AFAIK. Hell, aoe tanking in general is tough. But that's why I love my pally. I have a single target taunt and an "aoe" taunt that'll taunt up to 3 mobs attacking 1 friendly target. I tab target too in big aoe tanking situations.

So many people talk s**t about "bad tanks" and "bad healers" but it's actually not all that easy, especially if the tank or healer is undergeared or the DPS is way overgeared and has ridiculous threat generation.

As far as the mage thing goes, blizzard is all I see in aoe situations. That goes for any dps class. My mediocre-geared warlock and boomkin both pull 20-25k dps in ICC25 on trash pulls. And my warlock has ridiculous threat gen since I'm not spec'd into improved drain soul (2/2 reduces affliction spell threat gen by 10%).

You'll get used to tanking. Once you get it down, you'll love it. I used to on my pally. Now I'm sick of it. It's so boring. I love healing. It's my favorite thing to do.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yea, guess I just need more practice. Just sucks because you can't practice without getting bitched at. lol.

I dual specced today. Now I can tree it up too. Having fun healing.

Halfway through Level 72.

turboej7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea, guess I just need more practice. Just sucks because you can't practice without getting bitched at. lol.

I dual specced today. Now I can tree it up too. Having fun healing.

Halfway through Level 72.
If you get bitched at... tell them your situation and should they decide to continue with the AOE then say f**k it...im out. Tanking and healing is an art... anyone can mash a dps skill (however it takes real talent to mash those button in and order that produces high dps while keeping a keen eye on the threat meter). Chances are you are either playing with an elietist that is used to people playing at the same level (and its okay that your not at that level... gotta learn to crawl before you walk) or the guy/gal is a complete dipshit... either way learn at your own pace.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^Yea.. I find some groups who are willing to work with me, some that aren't.

On the bright side, I finally got enough healing gear to start healing instances. Healed a bunch of instances (Nexus, Utgarde Keep, Azjol-Nerub) yesterday and did really really well. I've also been kicking ass in Eye of the Storm as a healer. Did 322,000 healing one of the games. It's interesting.. because I'm so much more valuable in BG as a healer. My mere presence seems to greatly impact our win ratio. Not only can I heal the hell out of the group, I can also act as a distraction and heal myself while keeping 4-5 enemies busy trying to kill me. lol

Having a lot of fun with it.

Halfway through 74.

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^Yea.. I find some groups who are willing to work with me, some that aren't.

On the bright side, I finally got enough healing gear to start healing instances. Healed a bunch of instances (Nexus, Utgarde Keep, Azjol-Nerub) yesterday and did really really well. I've also been kicking ass in Eye of the Storm as a healer. Did 322,000 healing one of the games. It's interesting.. because I'm so much more valuable in BG as a healer. My mere presence seems to greatly impact our win ratio. Not only can I heal the hell out of the group, I can also act as a distraction and heal myself while keeping 4-5 enemies busy trying to kill me. lol

Having a lot of fun with it.

Halfway through 74.
I. Hate. Trees. Period. In pvp I can blow up anybody with a perfectly timed psychic scream/psychic horror/silence. Not f**king trees. Nooooooo. 10k Nourish, rejuv, renew, nourish, nourish, nourish. f**king trees.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol, I've been having fun with that.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol yeah. A geared pvp tree is a pain in the ass to kill. It's quite funny though. I always find myself e-raging hardcore when I can't kill a stupid tree :lol:.

My DK is now my only 80 that has a gs below 5300 :D. I played him for the first time WEEKS to do the weekly and I actually enjoyed him. I gotta gear him..

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
stood in line for sc2 drop tonight, been playing that hella already.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
stood in line for sc2 drop tonight, been playing that hella already.
I watched day9's Countdown to release party for like 8 hours lol, still got about two hours to go. I'll probably pick up sc2 tomorrow. Beta got me addicted to that game haha

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
one MMO at a time... :lol:

i think i'll be making my alliance toon my main. the friend i rolled horde to play with got his damn account hacked, so he's giving it up. boooooooo.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I thought starcraft was an RTS?

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
errr, it is. :lol:

i have FFXIV on the brain, apparently. *facepalm*

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
We got Sindragosa down to 5% last night on 25ICC and then some dickbag forgot to move when he had the frost beacon and wound up freezing every single person in the raid in place.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man. reading thru all this makes me wanna play my Shadow priest again...But I told myself I wont reactivate my account until Xpac comes.

But im sure by then i'll make a new toon. Tauren Priest FTW ...LOL! " f**k thats a big shadow " =) Imagine a Tauren Palli...Ooo man. Lives FOREVERRR!

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Man. reading thru all this makes me wanna play my Shadow priest again...But I told myself I wont reactivate my account until Xpac comes.

But im sure by then i'll make a new toon. Tauren Priest FTW ...LOL! " f**k thats a big shadow " =) Imagine a Tauren Palli...Ooo man. Lives FOREVERRR!
Your wish is...Blizzards command!

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
tauren pally... f**kin gay.