k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
mienboiracer209 said:
christmas in april huh?
Nah, I'll call this my B-Day. Christmas is when my motor arrives. =)

Steve

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
man, looking good....i havent read the whole thread yet, so if youve already answered this, sorry --- but is this going to be strictly a drag car, or are you gonna road race this bad boy?

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Rand0m said:
man, looking good....i havent read the whole thread yet, so if youve already answered this, sorry --- but is this going to be strictly a drag car, or are you gonna road race this bad boy?
Drag only.

Steve

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I see alot of parts that people on this site dream of having come to them for free...lol

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Add me to that list since I'm definitely paying for them. :(

Steve

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have a deposit out with the guy, now he just has to find one....

Steve

civfrk102

Top Speed 138 MPH for now
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are you gonna do a fiberglass or carbon fiber rear hatch? What about Flex-A-Lite rear quarter windows and rear window?

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
civfrk102 said:
Are you gonna do a fiberglass or carbon fiber rear hatch? What about Flex-A-Lite rear quarter windows and rear window?
I'm going over the different class rules for the events I want to enter in and I'm not sure I want to be in that class. (Lexan, fiberglass front end, hatch, etc..)

I'll know for sure in a week or so, I might even have to get a set of stock door panels and roof liner.

Steve

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Radiator and fan arrived. I'm only a few parts short (and a damn motor).

I'm getting kind of pissed at the guy doing the "engine hunting" for me, I'm about ready to bail on him.

Steve

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
have u done any more work or u just waitin on all the parts to get there?

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ImportFan1 said:
have u done any more work or u just waitin on all the parts to get there?
I got a "warning" from the code enforcement for working on my car in my driveway. I only have a 1 car garage so it's hard to work in there. I've been busy selling the interior of the EG and cleaning the garage all up so that I have the room I need.

So to answer your question, I've been collecting parts, and preparing to yank out the stock motor. Once it's out I have a few things to yank out still before it gets the cage installed.

I have a ton of s**t sitting around my house just waiting to get installed. Sucks.

Steve

boricuacvc

El Gistro Mami!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
this is takin u longer than i expected... we need some pics...

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
boricuacvc said:
this is takin u longer than i expected... we need some pics...
Come over and help me work on it and it'll speed right by. Or better yet, send someone over to watch my kids while I finish it up. =)

Steve

boricuacvc

El Gistro Mami!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
k-series said:
Come over and help me work on it and it'll speed right by. Or better yet, send someone over to watch my kids while I finish it up. =)

Steve
um... yeah... if u were a little closer, i wouldn't mind at all. but i'll be a little more patient.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
personally i think its goin pretty fast, or maybe its just bc my build is goin even slower, but it seems like hes spending alot of money in a short period of time, more than i can say....

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
h23vtecturbohatch said:
personally i think its goin pretty fast, or maybe its just bc my build is goin even slower, but it seems like hes spending alot of money in a short period of time, more than i can say....
The problem isn't the money at this point, it's getting the work done. I will however be making some progress this weekend and should have some pics up.

Steve

boricuacvc

El Gistro Mami!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
k-series said:
The problem isn't the money at this point, it's getting the work done. I will however be making some progress this weekend and should have some pics up.

Steve
thats what i wanna hear... YES!

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Finishing up the basics. Rear hatch, glass, and lights are out. All the harnesses were taken out as well as the cables for the hatch and gas tank release.

I'll be finishing up the remainder of the "paint/cage" prep as well as getting the stock exhaust off and trying to get nothing but the motor left connected in the engine bay.

Steve