Status
Not open for further replies.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well, goin to drop alot of f***ing money on suspension parts to lower my truck this weekend,

i cant beleive how expensive it is

grand total..............

rofl
Total of parts to cut the springs? :P

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No springs to cut. Should be torsion bars in the front and leafs in the back.

My guess is you are reindexing the torsion bars and throwing blocks in the rear, so $35 for the blocks??? What size?

That is how I did my 2600i and my Nissan hardbody when I had them. 3 inches I think.

Good score man! I miss my trucks. They both were fun but the Hardbody had over 400k on it when I sold it and the 2600i I sold because I got into a 4x4 stage and traded it in on a K5. Loved that truck too though.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
No springs to cut. Should be torsion bars in the front and leafs in the back.

My guess is you are reindexing the torsion bars and throwing blocks in the rear, so $35 for the blocks??? What size?

That is how I did my 2600i and my Nissan hardbody when I had them. 3 inches I think.

Good score man! I miss my trucks. They both were fun but the Hardbody had over 400k on it when I sold it and the 2600i I sold because I got into a 4x4 stage and traded it in on a K5. Loved that truck too though.
You are correct, these trucks don't have springs,

And yep doin as you said torsion crank and blocks, I'm goin 3inch

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good luck on the drop!
Make sure to post some pics!

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lmao stay close to your phone lol

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why so little of a drop? Why not just wait for the bags? 3" isn't worth it and looks sort of ghetto to me.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Static drop is where its at for a look that says I want to bag my truck, but I don't have the time or money right now so this is what imma deal with until then.

Plus its so easy and cheap u might as well!

Its a good way to get under the truck and get a bit more familiar with it. Good way toget ur hands dirty on something besides a honduh!

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I totally agree w/ you about getting away from Hondas Dear. I just never saw the point in it. Go big or go home. :P

I'm just giving him hell anyhow. It's good that he has a project he'll actually have fun with for once.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Plus its so easy and cheap u might as well!
That is exactly spot on. Why not?

What other vehicle can you lower that much for that little, besides hacking up springs? Might be able to get some lowering springs used for a honda for that cheap but they will destroy stock shocks after a while so you need more money to combine with the springs. Lowering a mini truck by cranking the bars and throwing blocks in the rear doesn't hurt anything.

Only way to do it other than bags really and bags can get expensive. Definitely won't do it for under $50. :lol:

barrett

Registered VIP
I was so jealous of your sol. Can't believe you traded. Def down for pics of the truck tho. Nice starting platform

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I was so jealous of your sol. Can't believe you traded. Def down for pics of the truck tho. Nice starting platform
well, the del sol needed more than i was willing to give, and im pretty tired of hondas, they dont intrest me anymore really

Status
Not open for further replies.