RonJ request for OGs Genuine Rolla, hooked_on4, NOFX, shiznit, TonyM, handlebars

RonJ

Banned
People have been complaining about VIP being too full for a long time. They also stated that they wanted rewards for things that were difficult to achieve (in the form of badges). We used compiled member input to create a new section that will hopefully be enjoyed.
I have no qualms with the OG forum concept. It's definitely a good one. And again kudos to the ability of CC to rapidly make changes.

Yes, we did consider that, and we also considered how it will be growing in the near future. We filtered our results by members who have been active in the past month, and then looked at them individually to gauge their activity.
Time will tell whether your criteria work well. But if not, it's easy to edit them to see what works best. Another idea for adjustment might be to allow excluded members to submit a request for OG status that would give them access. This way staff could also participate in the selection process.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks Ron

The criteria CAN definitely be adjusted in the future if things aren't working out the way we plan. But the logic is, we can always make it less stringent, but making it more stringent will upset the people who no longer fit the criteria.

We discussed doing a selection process, but ultimately we decided it would be too biased. We decided to keep it as time and post count because time shows that you've been around CC for quite some time. Post count shows that you've been active in sections that help out the site and its members. Put them together and you end up with an exceptionally helpful member who has also put their time in.

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thread is getting boring again...

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Agreed... needs more:

:lamanana::domollama:

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jezek what up buddy! i am now driving a hack skyline lol, a g35 white and black interior, slammed, because that is the only way you should have a luxury car right lol.

back to the lame topic: soo pretty much you want me to post whore ;) are we done with the badges? if not can we do year badges? also how come we are allowed to name call biz? seems a bit hypocritical if you ask me.

i miss the good ol days when we would pressure the girls on the site to show their nasty bits. how come the girls now a days cant be coaxed into pun-sharing?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Still a bunch more missing... Wolfy (sp?), steve98ex, LowNotSlow, Going-West, Partizan, Destroy (I miss this fugger), Silver Bullet... All fairly old members that used to kick around a lot.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
damn i want in SOOOO bad lol few are older "G's" than me :'(
And even fewer than me! In fact is there a member that has posted in here that joined before me? riceangel, amej8, seanjohn, Team4r, handlebarsfsr, and rice4brains (Thats right... i use OG names) are the only members i can think of off the top of my head

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nitin!!!

I wish I could say I remembered your name all on my own but I did not and I'm sure you know why; thankfully someone mentioned it earlier. :P
No worries man, i only know you by Raza! Also, im not ready to grow up yet either... i still drive the civic in my sig and smoke the ganj lol

This thread is truly epic now!

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yes thats right... 4 posts in a row!

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
naw man u gotta do 4 in a row in the tech sections to get your post higher. i;ve secretly been doing it for weeks ;)