Rusty, Ricey, 4x4 Status.....round two

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well as many of you know, i sold my civic. Im now down to one car, and my entire life i have never been able to leave things alone. So its time to play with my 2000 integra gs. this car is my daily, and will remain a nice daily. Figured i should make a little build thread though since some stuff will be done while saving for a house

Basic run down of the car. It is 100% stock, everything works, and it was owned by all older men and well maintained. i have most of the service records of until when my dad purchased it. It has 207k miles, but burns 0 oil and requires none between oil changes. Did a leakage test on it and all cylinders came out between 11%-14% which is the same condition as a new engine

I will be keeping AC, Power steering, all that good stuff in this car and i wont be doing a wire tuck. ill be saving that for when i get a project car.

It will just be lots of maintenance to get it perfect, F&F type 1 coilovers, maybe Klutch SP1 wheels, new bushings, maybe a respray down the road and replacing the passenger side fender. some other little odds and ends will be thrown in also

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
right now looking for something to plug the spoiler holes with so I can remove it

found this in my toolbox so I swapped it out
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377114743.696711.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377114756.995220.jpg

put a honda oil cap on
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377114777.559758.jpg

changed the distributor o ring, it became a hard plastic
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377114800.859448.jpg

got the manifold cover off to wire wheel and paint it, I see a header in the future
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377114851.728993.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377114866.454741.jpg

random pictures, first time I washed it
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377114895.995184.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377114909.243987.jpg

gotta fix this
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377114931.573428.jpg

what it will look like after winter possibly
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377114955.208624.jpg

got an offer to trade my forged internals for a gsr engine with the head off, so possibly going to do that and rebuild it. gonna have a little bolt on engine build. nothing crazy and no stage 3 clutch again

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pretty clean. Looks like a good platform to start with.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pretty clean. Looks like a good platform to start with.
yeah it couldn't be much better. everything works and all I needs body wise is a passenger fender

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is it a stick?

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blow my silver daily out of the water why don't you... Jerk

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Last edited by a moderator:

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Update this b****!!
havent done anything but change the oil and start getting a list for bolts in the bay. im not really doing much to this, i hope

and looking into how i want to build this gsr if i get it, i want to but i wasnt really trying to build a motor at the moment. attempting to stick to an all oem internal build is difficult, i keep going over to the pistons, cams, and rods.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well i tried to find a youtube video to explain how i feel you should do this build but i guess this band isnt very popular lol.

Keep on truckin nigga

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well i tried to find a youtube video to explain how i feel you should do this build but i guess this band isnt very popular lol.

Keep on truckin nigga
i found it funny how i sold my car, then next day get offered to trade my internals for a gsr motor, and today the wheels i wanted to buy in the specs i wanted are getting sold locally. brand new never used for 1800 :evil: im still tempted to buy the wheels for the teg but idk if i want to daily 15x9. was aiming more for a practical approach