Sex on wheels. Civic fans first 86 2013 scion FRS

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well 5/8/12 something happened to change my life. Forever! Lol I had my release party thrown by scion at a scio building in Portland called "the slate" for me. I am one of the luck 86 to get the scion FRS before the general public! For 4 hours I was te star bombareded by the paparazzi, interviews ect.

For those that don't know FRS (front engine, rear wheel drive, sport) its modeled afte the legendary ae86 an in spirit is similar. Respectable light weight 2600ish, ultra low Center of gravity, incredible handling and is powered by a Subaru boxer engine. Scions frs is the American badged Toyota ft86 or gt86 for Europe and the brother of subarus BRZ.

The mods list won't start for a little while as I plan to pay off the remaining 23k within 2 years. I can't stand being in debt lol.

Onto the pics.

Before the unveiling

Me with one of the Tonkin brothers (owners of a huge car dealership line in Oregon)

Photographers made me pose in like 50 different ways lol.

I know I'm on the passenger side, it's a JDM thing. Wishful thinking that it will magically become RHD lol

Those were photos taken by my friends iPhone while the photographers were taking pictures too lol.

And the day after, my first trip up to te mountain with lil sis in my first civic. Ah the memories lol.

Corner 1

The badge 86 in reference to the ae86 and side firing pistons to symbolize the boxer engine

XcLuSiVeLy4GoD

ODP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sick dude.... Pics of the engine bay?

DMaldonado93

I agree with more pictures. And how did u get to get one of these early? Do u work for scion?

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I won scions first 86 program. For 8hoirs and 6minutes they ha d aside where u could enter name adress email ect. They then chose 86 of these entries at random to get it early. Scion also sent us on an all expense paid trip Easter weekend to long beach for the first formula drift event of the season a well as a chance to drive the frs and go to Toyota/scion/Lexus HQ. not to mention the fact that I got to eat dinner with ken gushi and talk about the good old days of "spirited downhill racing" lol

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You luck bastard I hate you haha. Get some more pics up when you can.

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So u still have to pay for it?
Yep. Just got it early. Although between the trip and all the free s**t like the numerd carbon fiber LP covers swag bags and whatnot, scion has given me somewhere around 4k worth of stuff. So can't complain.

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I'm in the Oregonian (local news paper) my quote "I've never been a fan of straightaways." lol

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
fag

kidding, looks good man, lucky guy

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont get it. He's lucky cuz he gets a car that everyone else can have?

He still has to pay for it. I mean if it was given to him and he just had to pay taxes then i guess :what:

I mean the trip and everything is cool and all, but how did the process go if u had s**t credit? Was it a guaranteed interest rate and guaranteed approval for a loan?

Tryin not to dog on ya, but i guess i dont understand... Lol

steve.21

I saw one at the long beach grand prix but forgot to look inside and in the bay.. Would kill to drive it though

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont get it. He's lucky cuz he gets a car that everyone else can have?

He still has to pay for it. I mean if it was given to him and he just had to pay taxes then i guess :what:

I mean the trip and everything is cool and all, but how did the process go if u had s*** credit? Was it a guaranteed interest rate and guaranteed approval for a loan?

Tryin not to dog on ya, but i guess i dont understand... Lol
I'm sure it just works like any other pre-sale.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i hate that it didn't come out as the Toyota and changes were made to it. I saved $25,000 just for the FT86 and as soon as i heard it was coming out with the Scion and Subaru badge i just :smackself: :guns:

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Credit wasn't an issue, used inheritance to pay for it outright, now I'm paying to put the money back. And there are no sales tax on anything in Oregon.