shuts off on its own..

RonJ

Banned
OP if you want me to I can check to see if your car had the recall performed when i get to work at Honda tomorrow. If you are okay with me checking tomorrow, just PM me your vin number.
^^^Good man.

Alternatively, you can use a multimeter to test the switch yourself:

projektej8

-------------------------
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I ran your VIN and it seems that there is no record of the recall ever being performed. That doesnt mean that it wasnt done, It's possible it was done and never updated which happens when theyre doing thousands of recalls. I would test the ignition as Ronj stated above

Tyfro!

16 Yr Old Premium Member
5+ Year Member
this car hasent been to a dealership since new. haha. i dont know if im intelligent enough to do that by myself..l.

RonJ

Banned
this car hasent been to a dealership since new. haha. i dont know if im intelligent enough to do that by myself..l.
If you are smart enough to drive, then you can do the switch tests. Borrow/buy a multimeter, and we can walk you through it. Otherwise, you'll pay a mechanic, and this is unlikely to be cheap.

Tyfro!

16 Yr Old Premium Member
5+ Year Member
if someone could explain that to me it would be much appreciated...

RonJ

Banned
whats a multimeter? somethin like a test light ?
It's an advanced version of a test light that does much more. If you enjoy working on cars, then a low impedance digital multimeter is just as important as the tools in your toolbox. You can buy one from many stores, Walmart, auto parts stores, Sears, Harbor Freight Tools, etc. Mine cost $15 from Sears on sale. Shop around and look for sales.

Tyfro!

16 Yr Old Premium Member
5+ Year Member
ok, i took off the lower dash and there is a little 4"x4" black box hanging here. its ran into the ignition wires and has a little thing mounted to the dash where you can plug somethingitno it, what is this? i can thell its not factory its zip-tied on.

ekk20

its not the ecu its making the clicking noise. its your fuel relay. right next to your glove compartment on the right.

RonJ

Banned
ok, i took off the lower dash and there is a little 4"x4" black box hanging here. its ran into the ignition wires and has a little thing mounted to the dash where you can plug somethingitno it, what is this? i can thell its not factory its zip-tied on.
Post a picture. Maybe a kill switch or alarm. That could be the problem. Disconnect it and restore the wires to the stock configuration.

RonJ

Banned
Can't read the text on the box. What does it say?

Might be a stock security control unit (alarm system and kill switch). Do the connectors and wire colors match:

Last edited:

Tyfro!

16 Yr Old Premium Member
5+ Year Member
blue plug: override switch
blkack or red plug: negative horn output
white 2 pin plug: starter disable harness <- has this
white 5 pin plug: power harness
white 6 pin plug: key harness <- has this
there is also a white 3 pin plug on it but its hardwired, 1 wire to the fuse block 1 ground and a yellow one.

_REV_

SkooT or DiE
5+ Year Member
ok, out of nowhere my car now shuts off on its own. the cel is on but has been on before this started. i start the car and it just shuts off making tons of clicking noises from the ecu. :evil::evil:
Possibly the Ignition switch, Honda has a recall for your model. Yes, take it to the dealer ship, It will be a FREE FIX.:thumbs up

_REV_

SkooT or DiE
5+ Year Member
Or he can test the ignition switch himself as per the diagram I posted.
Its generaly difficult to test an intermittent problem if your not a automotive technition.

Last edited by a moderator: