shiroikicker

July 7, 2011

removed a/c

weighs about 45lbs, no difference as a dd

July 8, 2011

start of my wire tuck

aftermarket grill could easily have been pulled off, oem is the way to go

July 15, 2011

with the removal of the condenser, my block was heating up from the air. Bought some sheet metal to block the air passage

my welder is terrible, any advice for a decent mig?

the one i use isn't gas and cost about 100$. the welds end up horrible but still kept the metal from not moving

July 16, 2011

my new alarm, de-pinning useless wires to make installation as clean as possible

July 17, 2011

..and my ricer days are over. All this useless junk on my car just attracts attention. Now that the car is clean it looks more mature.

July 18, 2011

my high flow cat came in, time to install

a bit of rust proofing while i have accessibility

still need to trim my rear lip, and lengthen the secondary o2 sensor so it can reach the cat

CH33V5

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Registered VIP
You build so fast I hate it!

shiroikicker

July 19, 2011

needed to extend o2 wires to reach the cat

July 21, 2011

installed alarm, kill switches and relocations

colour matched the oem grille and new badge

headers are looking nice, waiting on other orders to come in shortly

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Awesome progress man...:thumbs up

shiroikicker

its a yonaka ws2, i can't give you any real feedback atm because my ignition timing is off a bit ( waiting for my light to arrive) but even with that it is MUCH quieter. Monday im getting the header 2-1 piece welded to the chassis so it will be even quieter. (by weld i mean bolted to the im bracket).

Jeffhondadc5

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I love my yonaka, the price is right and its a good system. Your car looks good man, only thing I dont like is the eye lids. I feel like it takes away from the front looking clean

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice build so far man. I was thinking of color matching my trim too, where'd you buy the paint?

shiroikicker

I didnt like the eye lids after either, so i just removed it
My paint was from a local shop, it was one can for 15$ so thats a really good price
Honestly everyday my yonaka exhaust sounds better and better. It's quiet when i need it too but when i hit 3500 rpm + theres this really nice yet raspy noise.

July 22, 2011

take a guess what was changed. Cleaned my garage and found a 19mm wrench. Finally i could change the fuel filter

July 29, 2011

travelled two hours to get my vtec head, turns out the junkyard didnt have it....

i did find this though, no more rust under my tail lights

also found this arm piece + proximity sensor installed.

The sensor works amazing actually, any movement inside the car the alarm trips

removed subwoofer and noise cancelling material

p28 chipped ecu, cannot wait to try this. Heard some good things from phearable.net

anyways i have to head out again tomorrow another hour drive to some differant junkyard to get a head

shiroikicker

this will probably be the end of the build. I learned a lot from all of this but i dont want to continue spending money on a civic. after all i will never see that money again. Can't go anywhere nowadays without some wanna-be gangster trying to steal something.

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
this will probably be the end of the build. I learned a lot from all of this but i dont want to continue spending money on a civic. after all i will never see that money again. Can't go anywhere nowadays without some wanna-be gangster trying to steal something.
oh boohoo. Don't be such a pussy :thumbs up

But in all honesty; we all do put a lot money into our projects but that's the whole point. "After all I will never see that money again." Sure you might not see that money again but you took a lot from it. You gained experience and knowledge as well as a good time. If we all gave up because wanna-be gangsters tried to steal our s*** then the whole scene wouldn't even be functioning. It's all part of it =)

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think about that sometimes because you put yourself out there like we do on here then someone jacks your car, it does suck but I don't care about those thieves, got insurance & all documentation for everything I have had done, this is my hobby right now & also my daily driver.

shiroikicker

thats the thing though, if its stolen then i lose everything i put into it, one way insurance is already killing me financially. pretty much 50% of my paycheck and the rest is on parts. in the end im broke

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Then you are investing in the wrong parts. Put on locking lugs, get a Club or use a pop off hub/wheel setup, kill switch, and alarm. If someone manages to steal your car through all that...f**k maybe they needed it more than you do.

shiroikicker

so i figured ... f*** it
might as well learn while im young and parts are cheap

August 02, 2011

installed cold air intake
ebay piping with K&N filter

high rpm sounds amazing now and its so pretty

August 04, 2011

received an H brace which wasn't necessary for a coupe
might as well build some brackets so that it could fit the front seat belts

i re-did both pieces since the holes bothered me a lot

second time around the metal was a bit straighter and the holes were in line

i thought that since the metal is too thin there wouldn't be much chassis fortification however once tightened up it works amazing. there is a lot less flex in the top end. Also now i can mount a camera onto the middle to record my track racing

exhaust difference :: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pgyysccgyc

shiroikicker

August 05, 2011

continuing my wire tuck this time im cleaning out the entire left side

air intake

re-routed

looks amazing now, very clean

RoidBear

UrbanSleepers
Registered VIP
Man your car looks great with the wire tuck and great progress so far. We all learn a lot about cars when we fix them, but as you may know, it can be addicting to fix your car!