Skyar's 96 Dx Slow Build

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
Hi, I'm kind of new here, but I am starting to work on building up my 96 Dx that I have had sense 2009. It had about 186k miles on it now has 210k, still has original motor & surprisingly the original clutch. The theme of my car is going to be black/red (my two favorite colors). I have a part suggestion thread and you can either leave a suggestion in this one or in that one I really don't care. http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=214811 Hope you enjoy my build and I am happily accepting feedback. =)

I am wanting to change this to the 99-00 front end. I don't know what it is about that front end I'm just in love with it!

These will be changed to the 06-11 Si seats I already have the rear ones in my basement.

The interior I plan on painting black, having black carpeting & headliner, and having the shift boot, e-brake boot, arm rest (getting added at some piont), and door panel fabric matching the 06-11 Si seats.

This is what I need help with the most. I am a guy that doesn't know much about engines so I tend to stick to enhancing the look of my car, but I hate this engine. It doesn't have enough power for me and it needs a lot of cosmetic help. I plan on swapping it for a b-series, but that is a while down the line. If you guys have an suggestions of what I can do to improve my engine please let me know!

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
I'm sorry about some of my pics being blurry my camera was being stupid, but also I already have rims I just don't have the money for the tires right now.

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
Also heres a view into the trunk.

My head unit is the an Alpine with bluetooth (hats the mic looking thing on the dash for all of you who will ask). Side speakers are Alpine type r's, so are the 6x9's, and the 12" sub in the trunk. Amp is a Kenwood which I believe is messed up, because it doesn't stay in tune that well, and will be replaced with an alpine one. I plan to get another sub and an amp for the inside speakers.

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
Beautiful platform buddy...cant wait to see where this goes!
Thanks! I was about to sell this and buy an salvaged Si but after I badly needed washed and wax I realized that there wasn't much wrong with my car that couldn't be fixed or changed. I really want a better engine though. Anyways do you have any suggestions for my car about anything? All suggestions are appreciated!

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
Update: Rims are getting tires this weekend & will be put on car without the center caps because I have to replace all 4 of them :(

There is a problem with my car and I don't know what the cause is.... it idles rough and sometimes shuts the car off when I come to a stop. First I thought it could have been the air filter so I replaced that (it was needed anyways) then I thought it could have been the spark plugs or the wires so i replaced them all (it was needed anyways), but I still am stuck with the problem. Does anyone have suggestions on what it could be?

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
ha you dont need them (:

oh and clean the throttle body and you can adjust the throttle cable :D

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
ha you dont need them (:

oh and clean the throttle body and you can adjust the throttle cable :D
I did need all them lol The air filter hadn't been changed sense idk when. I have had the car sense 2009 and we never changed the plugs or wires and when we changed the wires the front two had corrosion and in one it was completely corroded away causing the engine to fire wrong and the idle to be worse. So after changing everything the idle improved just sucks after the car has been driven awhile then it becomes rough.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
IACV maybe.

And since, the word is since lol

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
IACV maybe.

And since, the word is since lol
That have to do with the air intake because a guy at the tire shop said he has had like 3 civics and on each one he said that what I described was some sensor on the air intake that starts with an "i"

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
My rims will be on tomorrow got the tires put on them today but the shop needed different lug nuts then what was on my car, they tried to sell me the ones they had for $100+, i got ones for $35 at O'Reiley's. So, they will be put on tomorrow and I will also take pics after my free car wash at Mike's lol

But, the problem with my car only happens when its warmed up. It idles roughly and sometimes stalls when i stop but I am going to go figure out what it is this weekend and clean my throttle body, engine bay (maybe), fix my speakers (hopefully), and basically do anything to my car i can without spending money because the tires and lug nuts drained my wallet.

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
Rims went on on tuesday!

Heres the pics they are missing the center caps for now.... (Car needs washed)

Here's what the tire place did when they were putting the tires on but we reached an agreement for me to fix the paint.

I feel these need replaced because they are all rusty.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Car needs washed and lowered...

Not a bad start though

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
Car needs washed and lowered...

Not a bad start though
Car was going to be washed when it got the rims but its been raining the past couple of days and in the pics it doesn't look that dirty...... Yeah after putting the rims on and the added height I realized that it needs to be lowered badly. Once I get a job I promise thats something thats coming soon.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lowering springs are the quickest fix for the 4x4.