Skyar's 96 Dx Slow Build

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
hows the build going so far? I just picked up a 96 civic sedan. and plan on putting work on it also.
Its going pretty slow since I don't have a job yet lol I am suppose to be getting a call back soon for a job I was welcomed to the team already they are just waiting on my background check to come back. Once I start I will start picking up alot of things. I found 06+ civic seats today on craigslist for $250 that I wish had the money for.

kg562

4 Door EK Driver!
Its going pretty slow since I don't have a job yet lol I am suppose to be getting a call back soon for a job I was welcomed to the team already they are just waiting on my background check to come back. Once I start I will start picking up alot of things. I found 06+ civic seats today on craigslist for $250 that I wish had the money for.
oh i see, nice. Im just learning about cars. ive had this car about a year now. Its all stock still cause i stopped working but i just got a job recently. what u think?

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
oh i see, nice. Im just learning about cars. ive had this car about a year now. Its all stock still cause i stopped working but i just got a job recently. what u think?

It looks pretty clean, like the body is flawless. So its a nice canvas you just choose how you want to turn it into art lol

kg562

4 Door EK Driver!
It looks pretty clean, like the body is flawless. So its a nice canvas you just choose how you want to turn it into art lol
haha yeah. When i got the car it was at 142,xxx miles but now it has about 155,xxx miles on there. Im thinking of creating a thread also similar to yours and show my build. I just started working so i can now finally start building lol. I look forward to see your build as ill try to build mines.

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
haha yeah. When i got the car it was at 142,xxx miles but now it has about 155,xxx miles on there. Im thinking of creating a thread also similar to yours and show my build. I just started working so i can now finally start building lol. I look forward to see your build as ill try to build mines.
Just kinda figue out what you wanna do with your car. I use other peoples build threads for inspiration or I look around the internet at other civics. I plan to make mine look like somewhat of an Si and am currently debating if I should go with a straight matte black car. A word of advise is to appreciate others opinions but don't always listen to them because at the end of the day its your car and you have to like it not other people. I'm guessing your kinda young?

kg562

4 Door EK Driver!
Just kinda figue out what you wanna do with your car. I use other peoples build threads for inspiration or I look around the internet at other civics. I plan to make mine look like somewhat of an Si and am currently debating if I should go with a straight matte black car. A word of advise is to appreciate others opinions but don't always listen to them because at the end of the day its your car and you have to like it not other people. I'm guessing your kinda young?
well i just turned 21. so yeah im young and im assuming your older?

kg562

4 Door EK Driver!
s*** I'm younger then you haha I thought you were like 17 or 18 sense you only had the car for a year lol
haha well i had a 1999 civic sedan before this one but it was automatic and was given to me by my dad and it was a little beat up but i used it temporary for about 2-3 years while working and saved up enough to get my own car and gave the car to my brother after i finally bought my own which ive had for about a year now and ive always wanted a stick instead of automatic lol.

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
haha well i had a 1999 civic sedan before this one but it was automatic and was given to me by my dad and it was a little beat up but i used it temporary for about 2-3 years while working and saved up enough to get my own car and gave the car to my brother after i finally bought my own which ive had for about a year now and ive always wanted a stick instead of automatic lol.
What made you go with a sedan and not a coupe?

kg562

4 Door EK Driver!
What made you go with a sedan and not a coupe?
Ive always liked sedan better then coupe, you know 4 doors more whores lol jk but ive always liked sedans. I was gonna get a 4 door integra before i thought of buying this but since i had a civic before i bought another one plus the integra was a bit beat up and would of needed more work and this civic was more cleaner. Ive always been a 4 door person though, just don't know why lol

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
Ive always liked sedan better then coupe, you know 4 doors more whores lol jk but ive always liked sedans. I was gonna get a 4 door integra before i thought of buying this but since i had a civic before i bought another one plus the integra was a bit beat up and would of needed more work and this civic was more cleaner. Ive always been a 4 door person though, just don't know why lol
I'm not a small guy and I've done a lot in my lil coupe haha

kg562

4 Door EK Driver!
I'm not a small guy and I've done a lot in my lil coupe haha
haha well im not much a small or big guy either, Im about average haha but i just don't know why but ive always liked the look of a sedan and i like sedans more lol. Its probably because a majority of my friends have coupes also and i wanted to get something a bit different then a coupe lol, I was kinda thinking of getting a Eg hatchback but i changed my mind lol

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
haha well im not much a small or big guy either, Im about average haha but i just don't know why but ive always liked the look of a sedan and i like sedans more lol. Its probably because a majority of my friends have coupes also and i wanted to get something a bit different then a coupe lol, I was kinda thinking of getting a Eg hatchback but i changed my mind lol
If could go back I would have got a complete different car.

kg562

4 Door EK Driver!
If could go back I would have got a complete different car.
haha why is that? I mainly got a civic just because its gas saver lol, im not sure if im going to do any motor work anytime soon because its a good gas saver so im going to just make it look as good as i can.

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
haha why is that? I mainly got a civic just because its gas saver lol, im not sure if im going to do any motor work anytime soon because its a good gas saver so im going to just make it look as good as i can.
Well first off I wouldn't have gotten a Dx. I would have went with a 99-00 Si or Hatch. I wanted a car with the B-series in it. I would have had either a white, red, or black car. Like I have just been thinking about selling my car and getting an Si but I don't have the money for that.

kg562

4 Door EK Driver!
Well first off I wouldn't have gotten a Dx. I would have went with a 99-00 Si or Hatch. I wanted a car with the B-series in it. I would have had either a white, red, or black car. Like I have just been thinking about selling my car and getting an Si but I don't have the money for that.
well that goes the same for me. I wanted a 99 - 00 and i wanted Ex because sunroof. Si only came in 2 doors so i wanted a EX which is like almost the same, I mainly wanted a sunroof with a b series motor in it but the price on it was just too much, So i went with what i can afford which was this car and i like it. i don't wanna do any motor work only because its currently a gas saver but its slow. I plan on doing a swap later on when i finish working on the looks and when i have some more money saved up.

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
well that goes the same for me. I wanted a 99 - 00 and i wanted Ex because sunroof. Si only came in 2 doors so i wanted a EX which is like almost the same, I mainly wanted a sunroof with a b series motor in it but the price on it was just too much, So i went with what i can afford which was this car and i like it. i don't wanna do any motor work only because its currently a gas saver but its slow. I plan on doing a swap later on when i finish working on the looks and when i have some more money saved up.
Yeah I think a motor swap for me is going to come in the next couple of years because with school I get alot of money back and my motor is right now at 210k and I don't know how much longer that is going to last lol

kg562

4 Door EK Driver!
Yeah I think a motor swap for me is going to come in the next couple of years because with school I get alot of money back and my motor is right now at 210k and I don't know how much longer that is going to last lol
haha yeah, My motor is running pretty good right now, It seems really healthy, hasn't gave me any problems the past year ive owned this car. ill probably be getting a swap within the next year or 2. I plan on saving