Skyar's 96 Dx Slow Build

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
So I solved my issue I was having the throttle body was dirty. So we sprayed carb cleaner in it & I also put Seafoam in my tank.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm not. In the middle of playing phone tag with a potential job and filled out applications today. Just sucks going from making $1000 a month to $0.
I know how you feel man. Not having extra cash sucks like a MOFO. Hang in there man. Just don't give up

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
Here's an updated....
After having my rims on for a lil over a week a curbed the driver rear one at f**king Wendy's!!!!! So there is a ring that goes around half of the rim. I wasn't upset much seeing I have to touch up the paint on the other 3 anyways.

I have a job interview Monday hopefully I get it so I can have a source of income!

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
This just came in the mail today....

Things soon to come when I start my new job:
-fixed paint on rims
-car getting lowered
-tented windows
-new front seats (either red Recaro's or 06+ Si)
-99-00 Front end conversion and back bumper and lights

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
What kinda job did u get?
Well I haven't got called back yet and they are running my background and they said it should take 2-10 business days its been 2 lol but unless something is on my record that I don't know about I should be working at a very rich Kroger in Cincinnati in the meat department. lol not that great but its a job plus 2 of my friends already work there

Honda4ever

Banned
Hey Its really hard to find a job when your 16 for me atleast idk how old you are but lately my income for my car was mowing lawns and s**t haha its workin tho! I got a 96 ek sedan its goin pretty good but its been a rough ride.

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
You need to lower your car buy some Tein springs they're pretty cheap and get your self an exhaust.
Once this job calls me back and I start getting paid coilers are the first thing on the list. Right now I am talking with a guy about a trade that will get me an Apexi N1 exhaust, new cluster with tach, and 99-00 head lights. This trade is suppose to be happening sometime this coming week. The problem is I have a complete bone stock non-vtec d series and I feel it would be kinda stupid to have an aftermarket exhaust on a engine with a small mount of power.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
exhaust on a honda is mostly for sound anyways, it really does not give any hp on any motor. so its basically do you want to hear your car, or do you want it silent.

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
exhaust on a honda is mostly for sound anyways, it really does not give any hp on any motor. so its basically do you want to hear your car, or do you want it silent.
I mean i get that but to me if you aren't pushing a vtec or atleast a boosted car its kinda pointless because you have no power behind the sound. But if this trade does go through the exhaust will be put on my car so no worries. =)

Honda4ever

Banned
are u kidding me my exhaust is an apexi and it produces 4hp thats still hp

Honda4ever

Banned
if you plan on racing get quality parts i raced one time with aftermarket headers stock piping and after market muffler. I was pushing so much power the whole pipe cracked and started to drag on the ground.

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
if you plan on racing get quality parts i raced one time with aftermarket headers stock piping and after market muffler. I was pushing so much power the whole pipe cracked and started to drag on the ground.
Yeah I dont its just my daily driver.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Theres nothing wrong with an exhaust that sounds good. But most sound so damn ricey its ridiculous

kg562

4 Door EK Driver!
hows the build going so far? I just picked up a 96 civic sedan. and plan on putting work on it also.