Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
mymmeryloss said:
ebp looks shitty on four doors imo..
chris
good thing its not your car ;) :lol:

I think it'll be sweet. im really excited for it. just waiting for the primer to dry so that we can start wetsanding...! >`

boricuacvc

El Gistro Mami!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
should look really good when its all done....

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Genuine Rolla said:
Here's an update

!!
i got that same tank.. are you using the paint gun that came with the tank?

ryanM

Genuine Rolla said:
stop being a pussy about the sidemarkers. they arent all that hard really. just print out the template from the how to on this site, measure it really good and you'll be good to go. i just gotta figure out the wiring with them. right now they're wired so that they blink the turn signal is going but i want them to be on too, with the parking lights. For rims, im getting white rota subzero's in 15". yeah, i was thinking about putting my stock tails back in. right now i got some red clears and that looks great. so today, we got done all the sanding, washed the car free of all sanding dust and shamoi'ed it (sp?). now its sitting in the garage to dry. i put a dehumidfier in there aswell to get rid of any moisture. so tomorrow we'll do all the taping off, primer and paint tomorrow. cant wait to see how it comes out. >` pics will be sure to follow....!
for the sidemarkers to be on with the parking lights and still blink, tap into the red and green only, no black

and its gonna look great in EBP :thumbs up

Tiso

Tello !
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ppl always saying EBP is played out, bronze wheels played out and AWD played out. Civics are played out in my mind but whatever.

Best of luck on the project and I'm a proud EBP driver.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Don't think I'm being too harsh about not liking EBP... To tell you the truth (I don't hide this either), I just plain don't like EM1s because I thin kthey're way way overhyped. So nothing against any of you. :thumbs up

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i wanna see the sedan in EBP. that is if u got that far 2day

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
i got that same tank.. are you using the paint gun that came with the tank?
the air compressor is a great one but dont use the paint gun that comes with it. its crap. it spits out the paint like a hose.....its horrible. luckily i had a spare gravity fed paint gun that i got for free and we used that and its freaking amazing....! I wanted to do EBP cuz i havent seen it on a sedan and i thought it would be a nice color...nothing too crazy or while. just wanna keep it clean this time 'round. The priming and wetsanding went extremely well....soooo smooth..!! :D tomorrow is when we'll finally spray it on the car n whatn0t. Here's a pic from when we were wetsanding:

for the sidemarkers: what i did was that i stripped a section from the red and green wires and just wrapped the positive wire that comes from the markers around it. then i went to see if they worked and I blew the fuse for my parking lights :oops: . so....do i have two seperate wires, one coming from green, one coming from red and meeting together at the power wire for the sidemarker..? If so, i'll do that then when i go to put the headlights back in.

ryanM

Genuine Rolla said:
for the sidemarkers: what i did was that i stripped a section from the red and green wires and just wrapped the positive wire that comes from the markers around it. then i went to see if they worked and I blew the fuse for my parking lights :oops: . so....do i have two seperate wires, one coming from green, one coming from red and meeting together at the power wire for the sidemarker..? If so, i'll do that then when i go to put the headlights back in.
you have 2 wires coming from your sidemarker, tap one of them into the green wire, and the other into the red wire. i dont remember which but i think the green wire is parking light red is turn signal, and black is ground. if you tap into the red and green the sidemarker will come on with the parking lights and it will blink opposite of your turn signal (only when the parking lights are on) when they are off it will blink with your turn signal

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks Longgrain. I'm good with mobile electronics so wiring stuff is np for me...its just when i first installed them, i was already an hour late for work so i just hooked them up real quick for the time being so that i could get on the road.

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yup,. thats it in a nutshell.. there's another way, by using relays, that makes the markers "snappy", versus sometimes they seem a little "slow" blinking when done the other way.. it all depends on the voltage, though..

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
alright, we're finally about to spray the paint. we did a crap load of wetsanding to make sure that we didnt miss any spots or anything like that. so the paint is about to be mixed and once the first coat is on, i'll snap some pics and show ya. its going to come out great. updates will be real soon.

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn...it's gonna be weird not seeing your car white anymore...

be sure to post up asap!

GDMFeRiO

5+ Year Member
:thumbs up looks like you're making some nice progress.... please post pics when finished painting.... Good Job so far... :thumbs up

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
can wait to see some painted pics soon.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
heres right when we started:

my buddy josh, part of the Shocker Boys

SICK!!

all thats left is for it to be wetsanded and buffed.

let me know what you think.