So I ran over something big

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the raccoon went under the lip and got caught on the exhaust flange behind the flex pipe. after he was shaved down a few inches from the 60mph asphalt passing across his flesh he became dislodged. my exhaust has very little clearance. even taking speed humps (not bumps) at an angle causes the exhaust to scratch :x

yea i'm on my 3rd lip. RIP oem, RIP mugen replica, good luck ebay type r

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Amateurs... I steer away from all road objects at least 5 feet away... I find it amusing to see what the other person does when they come up on it real quick as I swerve out of the way.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i didnt have the option to swerve away from the raccoon. there was oncoming traffic and the coon was in the middle of my lane :roll:

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You should've drove a little to the side so it wouldn't have gotten stuck on my flex pipe thingamajig!

JdmPrncss

I ♥ NYGraFFit :)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah and only twice my lip was shattered and I wasn't driving either time!! Lol I've kept all type R lips! Finished with ebay ones!! Got a nice polyurethan one now =)

r_becca92

5+ Year Member
the bigger question is how did somebody even lose their transmission? jesus christ if my tranny fell out while i was driving, i would stop the car, get out and pick it up... it's not like youre going to be driving to work after that happens like la-ti-da. f**k
and how the f*ck could you not see it?
i honestly thot you were kidding...
sucks tho. but of course ur honda is still going...its honda...mine has been thro hell and back a couple times and it still fine.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it looks like a muffler. do you have a better picture?

RonJ

Banned
You need to post a higher quality picture of the object.

Seriously, put the front end on stands, crawl under the impact area, inspect the damage, and post some better pictures.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That's not a transmission housing, atleast from what I can see, it's probably off some utility truck, who knows what it is.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
how the hell did you manage to drive all the way back to your house with that big ass thing hanging underneath it

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You should've drove a little to the side so it wouldn't have gotten stuck on my flex pipe thingamajig!
its a lose lose situation. if i try to hit something off center it won't clear the lip. the lip has better clearance in the middle. also i dont want to have something hit the oil pan - that would be the worst case scenario
Yeah and only twice my lip was shattered and I wasn't driving either time!! Lol I've kept all type R lips! Finished with ebay ones!! Got a nice polyurethan one now =)
im finished with expensive ones. and yeah urethane FTW. ABS plastic shatters like hopes and dreams of orphans over the age of 10 - you know noone is going to adopt a damn preteen
how the hell did you manage to drive all the way back to your house with that big ass thing hanging underneath it
:rolf: x2!

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I needa take a poop!

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dude holy f**k. I hit a porquepine with my slammed civic and didnt even drag it along with me.. How the hell can you hit something that f**kin big at 70 and not stop to check it out, let alone not know it was there and drag it all the way home

C-M-CUM-EM1

5+ Year Member
that's crazy,a fefw summers ago while i was driving around 9 at night a cinder block feel off a work truck in front of me and I hit that thing head on and it was scary as hell.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol, I didn't drive it all the way home with it under my car. I stopped immediately, jacked the car up, and took it out from under my car.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:lol: happens to me all the time with road kill. i drug a raccoon corpse for like 200ft once - left an awesome blood/flesh trail down the road
I did that, cept it was a squirrel. Hence, was. It was alive when I hit it. Drug it like 100 yards before I realized what happened. It pulled my lip up under my bumper (didnt have any brackets under it), and killed it in the process. So, I backed up, and drove off. :lol:

JdmPrncss

I ♥ NYGraFFit :)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Last night a possum popped up on the side of the road out of no where, I swerved to miss him bc I was not buying my 6th front lip and having it repainted, and he hit the side of my car!! I heard a "BOOM" then a loud squeal come from him! Ugh gross!! I stopped immediately and inspected my car... No damage =)

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I would've pulled out a stick or something and started beating the possom down. They're rucking ruthless animals!