So I tested a P&P HID kit

wetcmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im running with hids and no projectors yet and its pretty bad but not too bad check these out,

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats not even bad. At least the light is still aimed out the front. Like it isnt scattered to the left and right.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
why would you waste your money just to "test them"
Hes a hypocrite.

Cant you adjust it and lower the beam? My friend has 6000K's in his RSX and he lights up the freeway signs and his head lights are aimed higher than his high beams.

I cant wait to get my PnP kit, ill be picking it up soon from that group buy. They look 100x better than halogens, regardless of the scatter.

wetcmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ya best to get that retro fit asap it looks way better when your not lighting everything up, give you more of a directional beam

highneo

Pi Lambda Phi
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
either you're over exaggerating or something is wrong. my pnp kit isn't that bad. it is aimed lowered though. shining into other people's house and trucks?? that's pretty extreme.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i'll post pics of mine when i'm home this week. Mine is pretty nicely spread out and bright.

iOn

I like pie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Haha!

Yeah, I'm not sure why he's missing it...

highneo

Pi Lambda Phi
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
HAHAHA

Hopefully this will catch his attention:

The dumbass probably feels stupid because he doesn't have the casper shields and is now complaining about the light scatter.

ouch. patiently waiting for the answer...

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yes, it has the little shields on the bulb. And me a dumbass? Have you seen the type of posts you make EK|B? lol speak for yourself :rolf:

I'm not too sure on how the HID / halogen should be facing inside the headlight though.

B16a2_ek

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
my P n P kit isnt too bad .. aint nothing compared to a retro fit but i like the cut off

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes, it has the little shields on the bulb. And me a dumbass? Have you seen the type of posts you make EK|B? lol speak for yourself :rolf:

I'm not too sure on how the HID / halogen should be facing inside the headlight though.
Maybe they are upside down?? I got mine in the with halogen on top. Since its my high beam.

lkailburn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
compare with my retrofit:

anyone running a PnP kit needs to have someone else drive their car and they drive a friends car, drive head on and see how bad the glare is.

-Luke

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Nice job on that retrofit, you should post other pics...

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just aim your headlights down. I spent a fortune on mine, and pulled it out the first night i put them on. Horrible glare.

Of course, someone on the forums yelled at me for wasting my money, and told me to just aim my headlights down.

Well, i got to doing it, and it's not that bad. Not one flash since, but it does leave me with a desire to aim them a bit higher.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i need to find a retro for 88-91 headlights