Someone hit me while riding my motorcycle

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got rear ended while riding my bike. This sucks I can't hardly walk due to back pain. I'm just lucky it was not severe.

Scenerio: Coming home the vehicles in front of me were stopped. First vehicle was turning left. So I slowed down practically stopped also. Thats when I heard a someones tires break squeal, a crunch then me laying on the ground about 30 feet in front of where I was. I was taken to the hospital to get X-rays done. But who cares about me, I want to know what the bike looks like. :D

Hopefully pics come soon. Still trying to figure stuff out and make the calls.

And now I need a new bike. I'll be taking donations on paypal ;) lol

For none-riders, WATCH OUT FOR US! because when you hit us, it hurts.

PICTURES:

CDubs

Registered VIP
glad to hear your ok man, i always look around for bikes constantly since i want to get one i gotta look for them dont want to get hit or hit anyone, feel better soon

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
holy shittt bro glad you're alright (not dead). Honestly, this is my biggest fear of getting a bike. hope all goes well.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I agree. This is also one of the reasons why I probably wouldnt get a bike. I have red that people have a hard time seing bikes from the rear because they are subconsciously looking for TWO tail lights, and when they only see one their depth perception is thrown off.

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I agree. This is also one of the reasons why I probably wouldnt get a bike. I have red that people have a hard time seing bikes from the rear because they are subconsciously looking for TWO tail lights, and when they only see one their depth perception is thrown off.
Now i'm torn between whether I should get one or not. Wondering if it's worth the risk. Not scared of myself, rather scared of others for this reason...

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd agree but in this case between me and the car infront, there are 3 taillights. I think the dude was texting or something and not paying attention

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wow your very lucky man and have a speedy recovery, that's only bad thing about riding a bike is when something hit you it will f**k up good lol

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow your very lucky man and have a speedy recovery, that's only bad thing about riding a bike is when something hit you it will f**k up good lol
yea i know. it was low speeds so thats what saved me. any faster i probably wouldnt be typing

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
crazy s**t. kid was prob lookin at the green light rather then the cars in front of him. glad your ok

will his insurance pay your medical bills?

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that's the price you pay when riding a bike! but I'm glad you're ok! :D

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That is the most optimistic post I've ever read for just getting hit by a car.. especially on a motorcycle!

glad you're okay man...

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sue sue sue! my buddy is a very wealthy man from the same kind of accident.

Jason00

5+ Year Member
Yeah bro your lucky to not be hurt worse... I've been in an accident on my bike but in my case a car turned in front of me. I flipped over the car luckily not slamming into the side of it. The older gentleman driving didn't have a license and wasn't even supposed to be behind the wheel of a car. Hopefully your bike is alright or at the least cheap to repair.Glad to hear you made it out walking at least.

And for all the people considering getting a bike just be aware there's always a risk. I speak from experience from using my motorcycle as my daily driver for almost 2 years. Alot of people don't look for motorcycles while driving, but that shouldn't stop anyone from getting a bike. It's quite enjoyable.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sucks that happened to you OP :(. At least you're alive.

This is also one of the reasons why I probably wouldnt get a bike.
That is the EXACT reason why owning a bike frightens the hell out of me. I won't lie... I know I'll ride like an asshat. I love going fast. I don't do it nearly as much as I used to, but it's still a rush when I do it every now and then. I see enough bad drivers every day. My brother used to own a bike. He got rid of it because of this exact reason. It was too dangerous. He said he almost got hit so many times because people just don't pay attention.

And it's true: when we're driving, we look for a big hunk of metal with 4 wheels, 2 headlights, and 2 tail lights. We're not looking for a small bike. I have made it a VERY good habit of always paying attention to my surroundings. 9/10 intersections I go through, I look both ways before I go through it. When I change lanes on the highway, 9/10 times, I look over my shoulder. Small s**t like that. It's just small little steps each driver should take that'll help them become more aware of their surroundings.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I always look over my shoulder when changing lanes. Also as soon as I spot a bike, I make sure to keep an extra eye on them, just to be safe.

Just a suggestion to bikers out there. When you pull up to a red light, pull up next to the car in front of you. Dont cut in front of them, and when the light turns green let them go first. But if you pull up next to them, you have a smaller chance of getting rear ended.

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Glad your alright bro. I know the battle of watching out for cars mang. Every car is your enemy out there and you always gotta look ahead. Could've been alot worse!

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
It could have been MUCH worse, and it's definitely a good thing that you are in as good shape as you are.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I forgot to mention that it wasn't at a stop light. A car was just simply turning onto another street while waiting for traffic. None-the-less the guy that hit me failed to notice 2 cars and a motorcycle stopped ahead of them. I'd almost say they were between 17- 20. Probably texting.

And as me being optimistic, I can't let myself get down. I was capable of opening my eyes up for another day. I always look at things as they could be worse. Found out another motorcyclist was killed yesterday also. So my accident was pretty damn good. My father was also in a bad bike accident about 5 years ago. Someone pulled out in front of them and he laid it down. Almost died.

I am currently trying to figure out all of the insurance crap. I will probably pick the bike up tomorrow and take a couple pictures. ERR I mean I'll probably ride along to pick my bike up. Cant put full pressure on my left leg yet.