Stanco's 2000 Civic. Baby Helda

Stanco

De
Suuuuup guys, so I posted my build under the tech thread instead of the actual build thread like a dumbass so I figured I'd go ahead and start it here. So I picked up a clean 2000 civic a few months ago completely stock. The guy I bought it from had no interest in building it or making any modifications to it so that was a good thing. Did routine maintence on it when I got it, tune up oil change etc. Here's how she sat when I first got her.

No major dents, scratches. Just a few paint chips here and there that I'm planning on filling in later next week.
Next thing I accomplished was getting the windows tinted, threw on a front and rear lip, black housing headlights, and some window visors. Also purchased some new MSD wires and plugs to throw in there. Along with a short ram cold air intake.

Starting to get somewhere now. Managed to pick up some Enkei wheels for her and got some extended lugs. Rims are 15s and tires are 205/90s.

Recently just picked up another valve cover from a guy locally and started sanding down the old paint and getting it all cleaned up. Recently just finished painting it 2 coats primer, 3 coats paint. She's ready to be put on. Picking up new gaskets and bolts today to do it.

Hooked up my subs aswell so it is a pleasure driving her around. Not to mention the gas mileage compared to the pathfinder I had before her. Also have a catback exhaust on the way aswell. Looking forward to putting that on sometime next week. Sure has been a fun build so far.

Plans for the future are going to be an engine swap, lowering the b***h, and getting more engine upgrades. Just depends on what swap I'll be going with and what I will want. All will have to be done when I get back from bootcamp. The exhaust will probably be the last thing I get to do before I ship out. Anyway, open to suggestions. Let me know what you guys think so far.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Valve cover looks very good! What kind of paint did you use?

What motor are you planning on swapping?

In for the catback exhaust :cool:

And what branch are you enlisted in?

Stanco

De
Used some high temp paint from advance auto. Any auggestions on a good motor swap? I'm not sure what I want.. probably a bseries motor. The catback should be here the 14th according to fedex and i'll put that on ASAP. As for the service, I've enlisted into the Marines. Paris Island here I come.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Used some high temp paint from advance auto. Any auggestions on a good motor swap? I'm not sure what I want.. probably a bseries motor. The catback should be here the 14th according to fedex and i'll put that on ASAP. As for the service, I've enlisted into the Marines. Paris Island here I come.

Oorah.

B series should be nice.

Stanco

De
Yeah, I like the idea of bseries. Straying away from the turbo route, I feel it'll be a bad investment when I get deployed and what not if I can't truely play with her. Plus I don't drag at all so i'd be content without one.

On another note, I've been thinking about suspension and lowering Helda down but being where I live currently it's a pain in the ass already. I have to watch where I pull in and elsewhere. I've come close to scraping my lip quite a few times due to s***ty roads. Went to get my oil changed at one of those 10 minute oil changes and couldn't even pull into the driveway nor the building cause I would have snapped my lip. She would look a lot better lowered though. Might try to get some adjustable coilover. she's my DD at the moment, just want to make sure she stays purty.

Also picked up a few things to clean her up with, gonna vacuum the interior, and clean the carpet a little. Thinking about taking out my camo seat covers, but damn I'm a country boy and camo is my favorite color. I'll post some pics tonight of her after her bath.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
In for pics!

That's your call on lowering though. I couldn't ever lower my civic because of my driveway and the driveway where I worked. :(

Now I'm in a blazer.. :lol:

Stanco

De
Did a little bit of cleanin to her today. Interior cleaned as best as I could. Here's a few photos. Decided to take out my camo seat covers, must say I like it better without them. Ol' Helda has that new car scent now.

Two 10's in the back.
My girl wants to do a shoot tonight for Helda, she's a photography major so it'll be pretty dope. Stay tuned for pics of her tonight.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
In for pics!

That's your call on lowering though. I couldn't ever lower my civic because of my driveway and the driveway where I worked. :(

Now I'm in a blazer.. :lol:
No GTI?

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

I wish. Ran into some issues with the new job. As in, I'm unemployed right now :(

They stiffed me on hours, which meant I wasn't full time, which meant I didn't qualify for benefits. Long story short, I quit. :lol:

Stanco

De
Is that shoe box cleverly housing the trunk-relocated battery? Sponsored by Sperry Racing.
Not quite sure if this is just for laughs but incase you are serious, no lol. I just keep my necessity tools and other misc items in it. Not to fond of having loose things in my trunk that could damage my subs. :lol:

Sparky94

Not quite sure if this is just for laughs but incase you are serious, no lol. I just keep my necessity tools and other misc items in it. Not to fond of having loose things in my trunk that could damage my subs. :lol:

I hear that, my sub's got a hole in the plastic cover from things flying around in my trunk.

Car looks good though!

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the real question is, what sperrys do you have?!?

Stanco

De
As promised, here are a few pictures from the other night. I sure do like how many of them turned out. Especially considering that I took the camera from her and started snapping some myself.

Never got around to filling in the paint chips with the touch up paint but will probably do that when I put my exhaust on. Let me know what you guys think.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looking good so far! I know it's probably already been mentioned but it's late and I'm tired. Does the tint on the headlights limit your visibility?

Valve cover looks bangin. :thumbup:

Stanco

De
Looking good so far! I know it's probably already been mentioned but it's late and I'm tired. Does the tint on the headlights limit your visibility?

Valve cover looks bangin. :thumbup:
Thanks bro, and to some extent I would have to say yes. The housing itself is black but the lenses are clear. They're not as bad as they would appear to be. If I were to throw in some 6000k HIDs it would be a lot better. But they aren't bad enough for me to be worried at night and squinting at everything.

Stanco

De
She definitely needs some low, but looks good! I like the contrast with the lip and headlights
I would lower her but man the roads here and like all driveways everywhere are shitty as hell. My lip comes close to scraping already in some places.