Stanco's 2000 Civic. Baby Helda

Stanco

De
Bay looks good! Any plans on a header? Or are you just gonna swap?
Thanks bro, and yeah I was thinking about a header. One of the heat shield bolts is f**king lock tight dude.. tried getting off and it won't budge. Will the header's bolts be the same way? Any tips on getting them off or am I just gonna have to cut em? And yes I tried anti seize and WD40 etc.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks bro, and yeah I was thinking about a header. One of the heat shield bolts is f**king lock tight dude.. tried getting off and it won't budge. Will the header's bolts be the same way? Any tips on getting them off or am I just gonna have to cut em? And yes I tried anti seize and WD40 etc.

I've always just used pb blaster. :O works wonders for me. Let it soak and go out it. If all else fails, use a torch :lol:

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is that exhaust melting your lip yet?

Stanco

De
I've always just used pb blaster. :O works wonders for me. Let it soak and go out it. If all else fails, use a torch :lol:
Thanks for the advice bro heard that really works well hope I have the same luck. And yeah a torch will work haha.

is that exhaust melting your lip yet?
no, the tip actually stays fairly cool so it hasn't caused any problems. I've been keeping an eye on it but I'm not worried about it any.

Stanco

De
You guys think I shouls wrap my header with heat wrap when I get a new one? What's yall's views on that?

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You guys think I shouls wrap my header with heat wrap when I get a new one? What's yall's views on that?

I never wrapped any of mine. Never had any issues.

Stanco

De
I got a roll of it from awhile ago still in the plastic, probably just going to sell it because I like the look of the header itself. I just think the heat wrap looks bad over time and looks bad in my opinion. If there is no need to wrap it then I'm not going to. So looks like i'll be getting a new header with this weeks paycheck and I've been looking for a rear window visor aswell. Still need to find some new tails too. I love the exhaust. Drove it for an hour and a half straight, checked my back lip and no problems at all. So that's a win

motakitty

The wrap will keep the heat in the exhaust which is always a good thing but ya it doesn't look pretty like the non wrapped header

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk

Stanco

De
I don't think I'm gonna worry bout it. Gonna get a 4-2-1 header and just go for it lol. If it starts causing any problems I guess I could just take it off and wrap it

Stanco

De
Well little update today, I installed my steering wheel.

I like it a lot, smaller and easier to look at. The stock one was wore down on the top down to the metal. Old owner must have been gripping it too tight. Plus the stock one was fat and I wasn't too fond of it. New one has the horn.
Next step is ripping out cruise control and installing the new header I got when it comes in. Future installs will be new tails, fuel rail, intake mani, suspension, and an upper strut bar. Then going to focus on the interior, new seats, radio, etc.

Very pleased so far on where she has come for it being my first build.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
header wrap not recommended for street cars because it will shorten the life of the header. Moisture can get trapped, causing rust, and the retention of the heat causes more stress on the metal.

Stanco

De
header wrap not recommended for street cars because it will shorten the life of the header. Moisture can get trapped, causing rust, and the retention of the heat causes more stress on the metal.
Awesome, thanks for the input! I decided I wasn't going to do it anyway and that gave me even more of a reason.

303JDMSI

Very clean! Makes me want to get my hands on another one, but this time I want to change it up and paint it flat white.

Stanco

De
Very clean! Makes me want to get my hands on another one, but this time I want to change it up and paint it flat white.
Thanks man. This is my first and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I'd say my only problem with white is that every spec of dirt you can see.

Stanco

De
Didn't get as much as I wanted accomplished today due to potiential rain but I did get some done. I got my AC belt back on and now she blows ice cold which is f**king awesome. And installed my new header!

Was planning on painting my calipers red aswell but the skies looked pretty sketchy. I'd really like to get a paint job, but I am way to strapped for cash to be able to do that. Really just looking to do some suspension upgrades next. I would like to see her lowered a little. Gonna have to start saving up instead of just buying out of the blue. On my own now for rent and bills since my boy went off to the dominican. No problem tho. Gonna try to find a new job that pays a little better or atleast one that I will actually enjoy.

Stanco

De
Cleaned the bay and gave her a wash today. Also removed the black paint off the valve cover letters.

Stanco

De
I'm out. It's been real boys and girls. Sold my honda. I'll be shipping out soon. Goodluck to all and happy honda!