Stanco's 2000 Civic. Baby Helda

Stanco

De
Damn that sucks dude. Any other plans for it?
Well I got my exhaust in yesterday going to put that on sometime this week/weekend. Also just ordered a new dizzy cap and rotor just cause I haven't replaced those since I purchased the car and they probably haven't been changed at all from the previous owner. But other than that, i'm thinking about getting a aftermarket fuel rail, intake mani, tb, few other things. My ac belt looked like it was going to pop at any minute so I took that out before it damaged anything else. Going to replace with a new belt. Probable motor swap when I return from bootcamp. Other then that I'll just be driving her. Any suggestions?

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
learn to drive sidways and lower it! ps the black lights look like poop, time for some new clean ones ;)

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
such an unsafe stupid mod, these are like mods that can endanger other drivers, those are the kind that i can not stand. i will not badger you about ditching them, but i do want you to know how unsafe, and dumb they look. outside of maintenance what mods are you looking at?

Stanco

De
Considering I have 6k hids and the housings are the only part that are black. The lenses are clear. I don't need to be a preached at about being "unsafe". The light output is just fine. And as a matter of them looking dumb that would be a personal opinion, guy. As for my personal opinion about them, i think the contrast of white and black look good with the color of the car and the lips. Therefore, i like them and enjoy them so I will continue to use them.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Considering I have 6k hids and the housings are the only part that are black. The lenses are clear. I don't need to be a preached at about being "unsafe". The light output is just fine. And as a matter of them looking dumb that would be a personal opinion, guy. As for my personal opinion about them, i think the contrast of white and black look good with the color of the car and the lips. Therefore, i like them and enjoy them so I will continue to use them.

Don't get too worked up. Tom doesn't mean any offense. He just speaks his mind.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
like i said, i wont preach to you, my old man views, often put me on peoples s**t list. it looks like you are just kind of starting off in the modifying world, do you have a vision for this build pal?

Stanco

De
Plan on doing a swap when I get back from bootcamp. Looking towards a kswap or a bseries. Probably won't go turbo since it'll be my dd. And I have also decided to take you guys' advice and lower her. I plan on ordering some coilovers aswell as some lca's. I'd like to get some adjustable ones tho. As for everything else any suggestions? This is my first build so I am open to guidance.

Tom, my appologies. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, didn't mean to sound like an arrogant a*****e. You do have experience and a lot more knowledge then I do so anything you say I will be open ears.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hope you stick around Stanco. You seem like a good guy. We have a lot of people come and go, and only a group of regular users.

Stanco

De
I appreciate that man. And I plan on sticking around, as long I can. May be in intervels due to future deployments and such but none the less always here. I like to surround myself by ones that have experience and are/were focused on the same things as myself. i'm fairly new to CC, so far I've loved every minute of it. Being able to get feedback and suggestions from you guys make my build so much more enjoyable. This is my first Honda, my first build. Hell I really didn't know much of anything about cars before I joined here. CC has provided a lot of knowledge that I can carry through out my life. Won't be exactly the same with other vehicles but I'm atleast getting my feet wet. I like the community here, I plan on sticking around awhile.

Stanco

De
New steering wheel and dizzy cap and rotor coming in next week. Putting on my exhaust tomorrow so looking forward to that. Will have pics up for you all to see.

Cleaned my engine bay a little today but that s**t is hard to clean, I might have a business do it for me if I can find one locally. I used degreaser with a toothbrush and a bigger brush that I use for my rims but the sediment and gunk is pretty caked on. Previous owner never cleaned it. I did the best I could but I have terrible luck and didn't want to f**k anything up using the water hose a lot.

Stanco

De
Update! Old one out

New one in!

I like the way it turned out. My first exhaust change! Longest part was taking out the old one cause the bolts were rusted and pretty lock tight. I need to get new tail lights, doing that next pay check.

Stanco

De
It is sunken in a bit, the one I purchased was for a coupe. I think it might be because of my lip but I'm not sure. But thanks bud. Learning as I go.

AlohaEJ8

It is sunken in a bit, the one I purchased was for a coupe. I think it might be because of my lip but I'm not sure. But thanks bud. Learning as I go.
Oh okay, yeah that makes sense. It still looks good I was just checking! Clean car.

Stanco

De
Oh okay, yeah that makes sense. It still looks good I was just checking! Clean car.
Thanks man, it's been such a fun/rewarding project. Learning so much and being able to see the results and getting positive and constructive feedback from you guys makes it a lot better.

Put in my new dizzy cap and rotor about 20 minutes ago because I couldn't stand just looking at them sitting on the table and boy does she fire up quick now! Now just waiting for my steering wheel to come in and gonna throw that on. Also filled in some of the chips on the exterior with a paint pen! Looks much better!

One thing I have to do is take off the drivers side door panel and fix the notorious window off tract. Also ordering new tails and might try to find some new front seats if I can find someone trying to sell some locally. Something to look into. Was invited to a meet up about an hour from where I'm at, considering it.

Stanco

De
Smallllllll update. Painted the dipstick red, was orange before.

Going to be ripping out cruise control when my new steering wheel comes in aswell.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bay looks good! Any plans on a header? Or are you just gonna swap?