Still slammed til I die.

SlammedBlueEM2

Brunettes > Blondes
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Blue2k2
which coilovers did u get?
Hayame Full Coilovers. These coilovers are a step above B&G and the Tein SS, but right under the Tein Flex and JIC-Magic FLT-A2.

SlammedBlueEM2

Brunettes > Blondes
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by hookedontenzo
them some nice ass pix.. the drop looks good too, any more mods?
Nope. I'm all about being low. Looking forward to coming to a conclusion with my suspension mods though.

Blue2k2

Expect the Unexpected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by SlammedBlueEM2
Hayame Full Coilovers. These coilovers are a step above B&G and the Tein SS, but right under the Tein Flex and JIC-Magic FLT-A2.

good choice...i have been reading about them over the last couple days and i think i may be purchasing a pair myself

SlammedBlueEM2

Brunettes > Blondes
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hear Hayame's currently out of production - for some particular reason they stopped making them which could be a good thing or a bad thing.

Blue2k2

Expect the Unexpected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hear Hayame's currently out of production - for some particular reason they stopped making them which could be a good thing or a bad thing.

that doesn't sound good...why would they just stop making them?

SlammedBlueEM2

Brunettes > Blondes
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I truly wish I knew. It could mean that they're going to release something better with Tokico - which would be good.

Or maybe they're just sticking to exhaust systems - which would be bad.

CloudKICKA

Wood Member...
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey Nice Pics Bro, how much will those new coil overs run you if you don't mind me asking, I have lowered my 03 LX 2" all around on Sprint springs, its a nice ride but I would prefer to lower the front a little more, I know I should of went with coil-overs from the start, but if I want to be able to adjust my front suspension, are coil-overs my only option or is there something else I can use? If I get something else like coil-overs will I still be able to use the sprint springs I just bought? Oh ya, and lastly do you have a front and back camber kit installed on that, cuz it seems like you do, real clean drop man.....

SillyGirlSi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that is some mighty bad orange peel going on w that paint... i suggest 1500 , then 1600 then compound &buff , other than that, nice car :D

EM1_ProJect

Yeah...it's boosted
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn that thing is SLAMMED....how low is it? im 2.50 right now but i think im gonna go .5 more and be at a 3.0 drop

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
clean...time for exhaust and some black housings on those headlights!

Blue2k2

Expect the Unexpected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by SillyGirlSi
that is some mighty bad orange peel going on w that paint... i suggest 1500 , then 1600 then compound &buff , other than that, nice car :D
i have the same orange peel look on my ES1...sucks ass

SlammedBlueEM2

Brunettes > Blondes
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by CloudKICKA
Hey Nice Pics Bro, how much will those new coil overs run you if you don't mind me asking, I have lowered my 03 LX 2" all around on Sprint springs, its a nice ride but I would prefer to lower the front a little more, I know I should of went with coil-overs from the start, but if I want to be able to adjust my front suspension, are coil-overs my only option or is there something else I can use? If I get something else like coil-overs will I still be able to use the sprint springs I just bought? Oh ya, and lastly do you have a front and back camber kit installed on that, cuz it seems like you do, real clean drop man.....
1. The Hayame's are currently running for $650. Once I get them, I actually plan on going a bit lower than I am now.
2. If you want to adjust your ride height you have two options - coilovers or air suspension (bags).
3. Coilovers replace the current set of springs you have. Sleeved coilovers (i.e. Ground Controls) are adjusted by moving the provided spring up and down by a sleeve.
4. I have a rear camber kit. I don't need a front camber kit because the full coilovers I'll have on my car will allow it to be adjusted (the benefit of MacPherson).

that is some mighty bad orange peel going on w that paint... i suggest 1500 , then 1600 then compound &buff , other than that, nice car
Fortunately, that's the only part of the trunk-lid with the orange peel. I'm not worried about it. =) I do however need to clay my car, or at least I would like to. Now that I think of it, I HATE the overspray found on the doors and other parts of the car but not to the point where I'd want to repaint any of the car. If the car's paint is doing it's job (as I do keep it maintained as much as possible) then I'm happy.

damn that thing is SLAMMED....how low is it? im 2.50 right now but i think im gonna go .5 more and be at a 3.0 drop
It's... low enough... it scrapes. =) I've already scraped my CROSSMEMBER when my ride height was even... but that's when I had my friend's s**t in my car... from a sub to s**t. I'll have the #s I promised tomorrow. I've been real busy lately.

clean...time for exhaust and some black housings on those headlights!
I've already had an exhaust on the car before (Skunk2) and I don't think I'm going to want the exhaust any louder than your average stock Honda. I have no problem with the look of the stock muffler. I've debated black headlights but I'd rather not. It's not my style. In the past I've messed with headlights too much and I don't want to touch them anymore. If anything happens to the cleared ones I have, I'm going back to stock. I've put too much time into trying to make the car look better than it does in the past. Thanks for the thoughts though.

VNlilMAN

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
eh its not that they're out of production. they just stop making them for the moment. Well atleast back when you read that info they did. I believe they made more and www.urbanimport.com is getting a shipment thursday or friday.

SlammedBlueEM2

Brunettes > Blondes
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Kew. Now I can tell my friend not to worry. I read your review BTW and I'll be reviewing them myself.

Mine will be arriving next week. I can't wait.

Civic89HB

Go All Out Or Dont Go Out
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if u ever wanna sell the rims let me kno.. my 89 hatch says it wants them or maybe some GSR's.. civic89hbdx is my AIM

riceblueshockr

Banned
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
see this is an example of a nice car f**king 7th gens rule if you dont have a 7th gen you need to go f**k yourself and get a new car cuz your car aint s**t

Blue2k2

Expect the Unexpected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by riceblueshockr
see this is an example of a nice car f**king 7th gens rule if you dont have a 7th gen you need to go f**k yourself and get a new car cuz your car aint s**t

um....ok

VNlilMAN

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
uh.. ya... only if this was 7thgencivic.com you'd get banned :p j/p...