superhead's super-slow wagovan build

superhead91

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So like 4 or 5 times this morning my car has made a sound I can only describe as kind of a squirting sound? It seems to happen when I'm just starting to move from a stop. I looked around and didn't see any fluids leaking. Maybe my clutch pedal is just squeaking weird? Idk

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
It'd have to be a very close squirt to your ear (in cab) or your motor is crazy quiet! LOL.. Are you leaking clutch fluid inside your cab perhaps?

Nice work on the sticker placement too! I'm considering trading my auto EE4 for a manual EE4 today but I want to work in his EG hatch to the mix as well. Can never have too many Honda's! He recently had surgery so it's hard to drive a stick and all have his cars are manual. He was into my auto wagon a couple months back and happen to find a manual one on Craigslist for $500 the other day so I told him to buy it and we'll talk about doing a trade if we can work some other things in along with it. He was down... Sorry to jack your thread with that story LOL.. Just love me some WAGONNNNNN!! ha

Oh, that ipod port, does it have a screen? I think it would bother me leaving it in there where it was harder to reach or see it (even though you should know the artist already). The only apple products I own are a shuffle for working out and a desktop for video editing. Other than that, i'm PC/Android all the way.

superhead91

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It'd have to be a very close squirt to your ear (in cab) or your motor is crazy quiet! LOL.. Are you leaking clutch fluid inside your cab perhaps?
This is what I was wondering. I took a quick glance under the dash and didn't see anything, but I had to go to class and didn't have time to really look good.

Nice work on the sticker placement too! I'm considering trading my auto EE4 for a manual EE4 today but I want to work in his EG hatch to the mix as well. Can never have too many Honda's! He recently had surgery so it's hard to drive a stick and all have his cars are manual. He was into my auto wagon a couple months back and happen to find a manual one on Craigslist for $500 the other day so I told him to buy it and we'll talk about doing a trade if we can work some other things in along with it. He was down... Sorry to jack your thread with that story LOL.. Just love me some WAGONNNNNN!! ha

Oh, that ipod port, does it have a screen? I think it would bother me leaving it in there where it was harder to reach or see it (even though you should know the artist already). The only apple products I own are a shuffle for working out and a desktop for video editing. Other than that, i'm PC/Android all the way.
I would totally trade. Manual all day. I'd love to do a nice VIP Lexus LS400 build someday, but the fact that they're all automatic kills it for me. I'll have to wait till I'm old and just wanna be comfortable lol.

The iPod hookup is just a cable that plugs into the iPod. I can control the iPod from the radio so I don't have to actually be able to get to it. It's actually my old iPhone 3GS that I use as an iPod now. I have a Galaxy S2, a MacBook Pro, a sweet $2000 desktop rig running windows, and I use Linux VMs for doing programming homework. I use a little bit of everything lol.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Funny you mention, this guy i'm working on a trade with is about to pick up an LS400 today and do it VIP. Which is why I think I can get his hatch included in the auto wagon mix some how. He's already got a turbo Miata and no room at his house for anymore cars. The only VIP stuff i've ever really seen was at SEMA and holy crap... The money people have for their cars blows me away. Sure the business booths are one thing, but then there's the personal stuff that sits out side for judging... Damn that's a ton of money invested.. Blows my mind. I did a video on youtube for a Supra friend of mine while I was there. Hope I can make it again some time...

I haven't had a decent car stereo for YEARS so i'll to do some looking around. Sounds like you have it down! HA

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Funny you mention, this guy i'm working on a trade with is about to pick up an LS400 today and do it VIP. Which is why I think I can get his hatch included in the auto wagon mix some how. He's already got a turbo Miata and no room at his house for anymore cars. The only VIP stuff i've ever really seen was at SEMA and holy crap... The money people have for their cars blows me away. Sure the business booths are one thing, but then there's the personal stuff that sits out side for judging... Damn that's a ton of money invested.. Blows my mind. I did a video on youtube for a Supra friend of mine while I was there. Hope I can make it again some time...

I haven't had a decent car stereo for YEARS so i'll to do some looking around. Sounds like you have it down! HA

superhead91

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If I as ever to do a VIP LS400 it would probably be a first gen and it would be a very clean, OEM+ style.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
I'm not gen familiar but this one he wants is a 91 I think? 92 maybe? I can't remember. $1800 with a dinged up front pass corner so I offered to paint some panels for him to sweeten the pot :P

superhead91

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh yeah, I also discovered what my mystery sound was. It was a spark plug socket sliding around in my driver door pocket lol

civic98ek

Registered VIP
i dont like those wheels. id go with someting simple. Clean wago tho! Take your time with the build. I've been building my ek for 2 yrs and still have not done much at all haha

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
What the hell wheels are those?! Ive never seen those before. Unique!

EDIT: My phone wasnt showing them clearly. Cool tho. Time to google search!

superhead91

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
They're Volk C1s. Some old-school Volk wheel. Anyway, cleaned the wagon up today.

Need to take care of this before it gets worse.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i dont like those wheels. id go with someting simple. Clean wago tho! Take your time with the build. I've been building my ek for 2 yrs and still have not done much at all haha
I agree. They certainly are unique, but not something I'd personally purchase. My brother's got a set of Enkei 94s that he's going to eventually mount on his 1st gen Integra. Those are certainly older wheels, and I think would look great on a white wagovan

superhead91

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No updates. I dropped the price of the EK to $2500. If I can't sell it for that I'm not selling it.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

here are the Enkei 94s I was talking about. He took this photo 2 or 3 years ago, and STILL hasn't finished his car enough to his satisfaction to put these wheels on yet. Damn shame, really