Tachometer and Speedometer aren't working .

eK_Sedan

I re did the test and I didn't get a reading at the ECU connector or the Distributor connector .. these test should be ran with the car off, correct ?

RonJ

Banned
I re did the test and I didn't get a reading at the ECU connector or the Distributor connector .. these test should be ran with the car off, correct ?
Yes, key off.

What was the meter dialed to read and at what scale?

RonJ

Banned
If you did the test on the distributor connector rather than the wire harness side connector, then the distributor is bad. Replace it.

You can also verify that the two TDC sensor wires are good by connecting the Red and Grn wires in the distributor connector (wire harness side) and then redoing the C20-C21 test at the ECU connector.

eK_Sedan

I was doing the test on the wire harness side .. I didn't know I could actually test the distributor plug . I was sticking the probes into the green and red wires terminals on the engine bay harness.

RonJ

Banned
I was doing the test on the wire harness side .. I didn't know I could actually test the distributor plug . I was sticking the probes into the green and red wires terminals on the engine bay harness.
Look carefully at the second diagram in post #13.

To test the distributor sensor, you must do the test on the distributor plug at terminals 3 and 7 (equivalent to the red and green wires on the wire harness side). Redo the test on the distributor connector.

eK_Sedan

I've tested the 3 & 7 male terminals on the distributor plug, and I didn't get a reading.. is the distributor as a whole bad or just the ICM ? I have an extra ICM from a distributor that was on a z6 from my old del sol I could use, if that's even possible ?

RonJ

Banned
I've tested the 3 & 7 male terminals on the distributor plug, and I didn't get a reading.. is the distributor as a whole bad or just the ICM ? I have an extra ICM from a distributor that was on a z6 from my old del sol I could use, if that's even possible ?
The 3-7 test is for the TDC sensor not the ICM. The TDC sensor and the ICM are separate unrelated components. Assuming that you tested the correct terminals in the distributor plug, the distributor body is bad.

Do you get readings for 2-6 and 4-8 in the distributor plug?

eK_Sedan

Yeah, I tested the right connections . I just tested the ones you mentioned and I didn't get a reading at either one .

RonJ

Banned
I just tested the ones you mentioned and I didn't get a reading at either one .
Hmmm...I suspect a problem with your tests because the 2-6 and 4-8 pins are for the other two distributor sensors, which are NOT throwing a code. You should read 350-700 Ohms for the latter tests.

Post pictures of the distributor connector pins that you are testing.

eK_Sedan

You should read 350-700 Ohms for the latter tests

... Yeah, there was . I had the Multimeter set at 200 Ohms .. When you said the 350-700 range I turned the dial to 2000 Ohms .

Results

2-6 : 365

3-7 : 367

4-8 : 367

RonJ

Banned
Plug the distributor connector back in and redo the C20-C21 test at the ECU connector with the multimeter set on the 2K Ohm scale. What do you read?

RonJ

Banned
Plug the connectors back in, reset the ECU by removing the hood Back Up fuse for 3 minutes and reinstall, and then start the engine to see whether code 8 is thrown again.