The Boosted ZC Build thread

d r i v e n

foul dog scut!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I love threads like this. I love when you introduced Shane with the pic haha. Great stuff man, looking good!

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ya that was on the cruise back from a cruise and show down here lol... Theres actually a lot of pics from that day... was interesting to say the least....

thanks for the comments

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So ive run into a problem, for the life of me i cant find my obd1 dizzy, like my apartment is big and its not here, not in any of my vehicles, not at my parents house or in their garage or at my dads shop.... and i dont wana buy one and then trip over my original a day later so i am how you say f*cked.... but got my conversion harness in just gotta wire up 1 wire, got the p06 in and my skunk2 cam seal in also... mocked up the turbo and mani also... Going today to bring my wideband over and put my half rad in

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have 2 that will work for dohc zcs fs

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
anyways new pics since i said id grab some,

so took the full rad out, took off the cps and put in the s2 cam seal, got the wires coming through for the conversion when really i only need like 3 at the most haha(rest are for the 02 and vtec) and got the exhaust dropped...

Oh and heres the turbo someone on the manifold(only on by two bolts, need studs for the other 2) didnt end up taking a pic with it on cause i forgot

gonna have to start fabbing up some things like the jpipe to connect to the ic piping from the turbo and it turbo inlet needs a flange made also... Gotta start welding the exhaust and ic piping also

If i dont find my dizzy by the end of the weekend im ordering another one also haha

oh and green how much for one of your obd1 dizzys shipped to me in canada:(

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Innovative motor mounts came in yesterday, and that sucker aint gonna move

Vince MD

5+ Year Member
Sweet!

I love My DOHC man! I've got one in my 88 HF CRX. It's so amazing compared to the old hf lol I love 3rd gear downshifts!!!!!!!! Good luck with the build man!:D

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Stock bottom end for now, got eagle rods which should be here either this week or start of next, and gonna buy some supertech pistons when i gather up some more money, and im running a T28... sorry for the late reply didnt notice you commented

Anyways i got up enough energy and brought my car into my dads garage today, cleaned out a corner and thats where ill work on it for the next bit(buddys 240 was there before)...

Didnt do much tonight as he was busy using the air so i just cleaned out some junk out of the back of the car and put the turbo and mani on so i could make sure it'll clear with the full rad. Which it does, anyways when it leaves and is finished it definetly will be a different car for sure:D

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So ive got in a couple more things, and i cant weld the greatest and my dads pretty good at it so im waiting on him... anyways some pics of things ive got laying around the apartment now

3inch ubend + T28 downpipe flange + 3-2.5 reducer + 3inch flex pipe(not in pic)= Downpipe:D

My eagle rods that came in ;), ill one day order my pistons when i get some money

Lower tie bar from cburke, now painted gold

and my new S2's

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well went to the shop and took some mesurements for ic piping and stuff, also put on my lower tie bar and opened up 2 of my injector seals, ill do the other 2 tomorrow or something... anyways only pic i got was of the lower tie bar

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well went to the shop today and did a bit of work, but dad got called in for plowing so no welding again

but i had to grind around where the nuts bolt down to the manifold

also opened up the injector seals and put in the dsm's

Also went looking for nuts and bolts at the local hardware store

then got bored and painted my valve cover

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I had to put my stock injectors back in so i can drive it to speedsport and what not... Without boosting cause i wont have enough time to get it tuned.

The reason being is this, which is an update im sure no one was expecting:D

So my cars getting new quarters and rockers put in(Passenger side are both cut out just need the old metal cut out) and I got my roof fixed which I was so excited for(thanks chad for sunbathing on it:@) and its getting painted all before speedsport:D

anyways its early and i spent the night sanding my door jams and working on my brothers EG, so im goin to bed think thats enough

but i leave you with this question, moldings or shaved ???? I cant decide right now so im looking for opinions

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Got most of the intercooler stuff done today, and a couple flanges for the turbo made up also.

and my buddy put all his interior put back in his 240 after my dad just did the floor and rockers, brake lines and fuel lines. Now I gotta change his clutch and tranny and it will be good to go

The 240 dont belong to the guy in the pic

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So i rushed and rushed and rushed, worked for 20hours(still havent slept) and well there just wasnt enough hours in the day, I was allowed to bring mine in at noon to the show but the paints only drying now and i still have to put and entire car back together. So oh well ill just drive around and hit up the show from the outside instead i guess

Pics

Pics get fuzzy from all the fumes

Going back in a bit once it drys to put it all back together

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Went last night before I went out to the carshow afterparty and put some of it back together:D

Pretty pumped, wanna drive it tomorrow :D, dads just gotta finish the ic piping and the exhaust, and we gotta finish putting it back together:D

Got the rims on now too with the skunk2 lugs and all my oil lines finished up. Also rock guarded my wheel wells, painted my drums and lip black and put my si cluster in. Dropped the front end again too:D