The Boosted ZC Build thread

Radyjr

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love this build, keep up the good work, what diameter intercooler piping are you using with the greddy intercooler?

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Its not a real greddy, I bought it off a guy and he had sprayed that on, and its 2 inlet, 2 1/4 outlet

Got the bumpers and all the lights put in, just gotta get a slim fan and my dad has to finish the ic piping at the top and get the bov mounted

Al took some pics with his phone:D, hood wasnt shut

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

A buddy of mine took these like a week or so ago, still screwin around with stuff.... Been helping my cousin with his 01 with the boosted h22... hopefully my tuner gets time for me soon:(

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You should lower it more! What kinda numbers are you anticipating? And where is the BoV?

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ya I want to, wanna see if i scrape on the roads around here first. but ya trust me i wanna slam it... and the piping was just tacked together in that pic, but i forgot about figuring in the battery, so waiting for my dad to redo it.. but hes taking his sweet a$$ time....

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So new update, ITS ALIVE

Put the walbro in and after a bunch of headaches it started=)

Still waiting on the top piece to be made but other than that its done mechanically.... oh and it really needs a muffler bad lol 3 inch straight pipe hmmm wonder why lol

Got to finish doing inside of it also, just mostly putting it back together other than that its good to go.... Messaged my tuner today too but no response on when he can get me in, i know hes throwing a procharger on a brand new vette this week so that should take up some of his time

Either way im pumped so pics and vids will follow later tonight:D

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
pics up, was gonna take a vid to but i was the only one at the shop and u gotta have someone in the car holding the throttle for a min or two

Painted the intake manifold black

Its dirty and in an unlit shop so pics kinda suck

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow didnt realize its been this long since i updated.... yes it does scream tint me, just had like 3 different shades of tint and then no tint on one window, so i said screw it and ripped it all off....

New updates are that its obd1 now, and danny is chipping my computer with a base map just to make sure it idles fine and what not before we bring it up to him....

Other than that i got my pistons in today so over the winter i can throw them in my spare engine and go with bigger gear and actually push some numbers instead of the tease numbers ill be pushing this year

thanks again to people, its been slow i know, dad moved into a new house and shop so that took a lot of time, and then i had a hard time relocating a lot of parts...

Did a few other things also like hooked up the wideband and boost gauge, finished up the intercooler piping(for now) and put the interior all back in....

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks man, i have been waiting on tuning, my tuner has been super busy and i only got it up there late last week, and then we had to tune my cousins em1 with an h22, he was going for a lot bigger numbers so he wins hahaha 480whp and 386wtq at 20psi FTW.... hopefuly sometime this week when i have time to get up there he can tune it for me

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So i know this has been dead and i havent been updating but here it is... Had a couple little problems with injectors and what not, had to rip the entire harness out of the car and run new wires to solve the problem... Next since i did my obd1 conversion i get the tdc code, cant exactly figure it out, tried two td43u dizzys and still get the same thing... but it ran fine so whatever seeing how the tdc only accures at start up.... then i decided it was gonna be dumb to spend a bunch to get it tuned to only drive it for a month when next year this whole setup will be sold and i would have to get it entirely retuned... Had my cousins ecu in from his h22 civic that was boosted, got his aem map sensor off of him and got his 1000's also since he gave up on his for the year... i figured out that my car drives fine with it in... rich but oh well... so now ive been driving it for the last two weeks, all i can say is wow i missed my car lol and boost doesnt hurt either... I would never drive it with it untuned but really i just watch the wideband, its rich but rich is awhole lot better then lean and if anything happens to the engine im not to worried as im building another zc with built internals for next year and have 2 extra spare zc's laying around...

anyways i was with a couple buddies the other night and one took some pics, oh and just so you all know i lowered it more in the front yesterday. Didnt realize until the pics that it was to high in the front and windows will be retinted for next year

Think my friend is gonna take more pics in the next few days too...

Like i said guys sorry for the long silence outta me haha havent really had any updates just frustrations for the last bit and didnt have internet all month but ill be updating more

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'd watch it...your AFRs could be spot on, but you have no idea what the timing is doing in the map. Watch how fast it blows up if the timing map is off.....

Good build though, my buddy did a dohc zc crx. He used TunerToys rods and some smaller company pistons, he spent $1100 on the whole build including the car lol. He did block posting with the block, you might want to look into it. Endyn does it on all of their race motors.

pics of his engine:
TunerToys rods are rated for 650-700whp, and priced at about $250 for a set.

some pics I snapped of his car finished:

A guy around here had a dohc zc turbo crx with stock sleeves and block posts, pushing a little over 600whp running 10s and it held up fine.

He ended up spending another $1100 on the tune alone, having to convert to obd1 (he originally tried to stay obd0 with TurboEdit, but converted to Chrome), it was a huge mess. After all was said and done, on an evo3 big16g turbo, he put down 293whp @ 19psi. Stock head and dsm 450cc injectors.

Heres what you have to look forward to with your turbo dohc zc! Heres 2 videos I shot of the car before he sold it (and yes thats an EK cluster he wired in):

40-120:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCLneSdzHOs

0-80
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmS1hRkSIfI

Good luck with your build!!!!!

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes it is hideous but looks quick.

Nice build man very nice! I went through all 7 pages!

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks guys, like i said ill try to keep everyone updated a bit more.... as for that rex, definetly not my style at all but to each their own