The *OFFICIAL* 6th Generation Intake Thread

ej8eli

EJ8Squad member: #422
5+ Year Member
Here's mine. DIY direct flow w/ K&N High Flow Panel Filter

Cost $0.00
Had the 3" piping and black paint laying around
K&N Filter was installed on the car by the previous owner (a friend of mine)

Before:

After:

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Im surprised no one posted a tubo set up. Im sure that can count as an intake too.

Ej8eli, im not sure on what you did.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
he took the resonator box out i believe

knivesout

¬ µ ∫ ç π
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
do you need to remove the bumper cover to take out the resonator?

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

VIbrant Short Ram Intake w/AEM Dry Flow Filter
Pros: 3" tube; sucks alot of air in, its a perty blue color
Cons: No mounting bracket; makes filter sit ontop of motor mount, which destroys the filter at times.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
darkcreep, since no one posted up a turbo setup, ill do my old one...gonna be posting pics in a few minutes...

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
these pics below are of my setup back on october 07' um i was running a boosted d16y8 on 9lbs. i dont think there can be pros and cons of boost....lol.

now my setup is a jdm b16a with a aem short ram intake. pros: cool sound. more power cons: none yet...ive had it for like 2 years. i think i need to clean my filter cause its kinda dirty haha

but i wanna get a damn whale penis from p-word:jdm!!!!!!!!!

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
what kinda turbo kit is that ? im looking for one , thats my next thing to do is a turbo kit, all the kits i have found have been for b16's and 18's

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
what kinda turbo kit is that ? im looking for one , thats my next thing to do is a turbo kit, all the kits i have found have been for b16's and 18's
are you talking to me? you should quote the person who your talking to so they know to respond...

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
im not sure if we should include turbo setups, as they arent considered N/A intake systems by any means. plus it will open up a whole new bag of worms. id like to keep forced induction in the forced induction section

knivesout

¬ µ ∫ ç π
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok so i've been messing around with my stock intake and i can't help but notice that once you take the resonator off, there's a gap betwen the airbox and the stock intake pipe. also, once the resonator's gone, there's nothing holding the airbox in place.

could some people that have done this before post what they did? i'm assuming you just get some 3' pipe and connect the intake tube to the airbox, but once that's done do you just kinda let the intake hang there or??

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ok so i've been messing around with my stock intake and i can't help but notice that once you take the resonator off, there's a gap betwen the airbox and the stock intake pipe. also, once the resonator's gone, there's nothing holding the airbox in place.

could some people that have done this before post what they did? i'm assuming you just get some 3' pipe and connect the intake tube to the airbox, but once that's done do you just kinda let the intake hang there or??
im not sure what you took off, but it doesnt sound like the resonator :what:

the resonator is a big clunky white plastic contraption that is mounted behind the fender with a tube running to the underside of the air-filter box....... you shouldnt have disconnected anything between the intake manifold and the air box. the airbox mounts to the shock tower with 2 10mm bolts

knivesout

¬ µ ∫ ç π
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i was kinda going off this pic, i thought the resonator is the big black box that goes in the empty space to the left of the airbox, no? just confused cause that piece is connected to the airbox...

daveimme

5+ Year Member
I have a question that I do not see an answer to....

I purchased my 97 EX from someone that has a serious 'common sense' issue, and so I've got to pick up the pieces...

He had installed an AEM short intake similiar to, say, EJ6Civic27....However, I see the IAT just 'laying down' near the tube and no place for it ON/IN the tube. I am pretty sure he must have picked up a 'generic' intake system.

Can someone enlighten me as to best course of action, without spending money there, if necessary...?

Thanks

This, I believe, will be a great tool for the n00bs on the site. There are many intakes on the market and n00bs usually get confused. Lets help them and ourselves out and post your intake and your pro's and con's about it.

Please, NO arguing on how the stock air box is so much better then an eBay intake and such.
Just post your intake, and what you like and dislike about it, and what motor you own.
Also post about previous intakes you've owned and what you liked/disliked about them.

I will add everyones picture of intake + brand of intake on the second post to this thread. I would highly appreciate it if you posted WHERE you bought the intake from to help others out.

Thanks and lets get them pictures up!

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
drill a hole
stick it in
silicone around that b***h
done