**The OFFICIAL CC WEIGHT-LOSS THREAD**

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
probbly THE best book that helped me out, a book called "The Abs Diet".....this thing freakin works wonders....my problem, is i get sidetracked, and dont always live by some of the nutritional guidelines it provides....but it DOES work, when you stick to it, i can attest to that.... i'll bring it in, and scan some of the stuff ive found to be most helpful....
I deff would like to see some info on that. I cannot get rid of my love handle also. my stomach is flat, but cannot get rid of them.

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ahaha told you Rand0m would have some good stuff

EDIT
I'm making that shake tomorrow morning lol

EricDaReDD

Dedicated2myDxHatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I figure I might as well post my s**t.

STARTING IMAGE
Height: 6' 0"
Weight: 275
Build: broad shoulders and... well, "thick" is the only word that comes to mind.

STARTING DIET
Breakfast: N/A (I'm on summer break and I'm never up before noon)
Mid-Morning: N/A (see above)
Lunch: usually a small protein (pan-seared chicken, tuna salad or a lean burger nix the bun)
Afternoon Snack: If I snack, it's usually nuts
Dinner: Dreamfield's pasta, meat or seafood product, salad with ranch.
Late-Night: I always make dinner so I'll have leftovers for later.

STARTING ROUTINE
Cardio: two hours high-intensity Tae Kwon Do Tuesday and Thursday and swimming Monday and Wednesday
Weight: not at the moment

GOALS
I initially started dieting when I first got to college back in fall 2003 when I weighed 295lbs and being at high-risk for diabetes it was not a good thing. So I stuck to a low-carb diet and by summer 2004 I was down to 215 and I kept it off until spring 2005 when I moved into my own apartment and suddenly had to worry about a food budget and the belly fat fuel known as "beer." I tried to stick with it but was back up to 255 by summer 2006 and actually rebounded back to 290 as of two weeks ago. As of my last weigh-in last Saturday, I'm down to 275. I tried a few other things besides low-carb but nothing else I was able to stick to for more than a week. I can do fine with protein and a lot of veggies (and bran crackers to clean it all out!).

I'm aiming to lose 25 more by the time classes start again in August and I hope I'm able to stick with it through the year and get back to at least the 215 I reached, if not to my original goal of 195. I think the last time I weighed less than 200lbs was 6th grade. Yeah... "beefcaaake!"

My vice is chinese take-out. Living on my own, it's cheap, fast and tasty. But I've been fortunate this past two weeks of having absolutely NO MONEY after paying rent. Luckily I had my mom do some shopping for me and only get what I needed. I'm one of those people that is easily triggered into impulse-purchasing.

I think part of why I failed is that I had a skewed perception of the progress I had really made. When I was at 215 I felt and thought I looked no different than I did at 295 except the old pants I had I could almost fit two of myself in. But looking back now, I can't believe I let myself go again.

This is me with my nephew when I was at 215lbs.

I'm using this photo as ammunition to lose the 60lbs I've got left to get to that place. I think the prospect of 195 is appealing but I don't feel the need to push myself past a place where I actually felt good about myself. *shrug* Time will tell.

I'll keep updating here as I progress. You all better stick with it too!!!

Peace and Llove
Eric

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wifey cleaned house yesterday while i was at work, so i couldnt find the book last night....im gonna try to find it on my lunch break....theres a few things i want to scan for you guys....

one, is a list of "power foods"....aka - foods that taste good, are good for you, AND when used in conjunction, helps your body naturally burn fat....

two, is the workout routine....it was too much for me to type, so i might just scan the page(s) it has on working out (this includes the twice-a-week ab workout, and the 3 times-a-week full body routine) it gives at-home variatons with the help of dumbells, for those that cant always make it to the gym, and to be honest - this 25 minute AT HOME workout has left me drenched in sweat, heart RACING, muscles sore - more so than any workout ive done at the gym....its just that fast paced, its awesome

three, RECIPES....has quite a few pages of healthy recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner....every one ive tried has tasted great, and is healthy...

also, one of the things the book brought out was the importance of eating more meals, but smaller portions....6 meals/day (3 meals, 3 snacks, equally spaced)....but he also said, that for ONE meal per week - just let go, and go crazy....eat a pizza, eat a giant stack of hot wings, eat whatever - just keep it to that one "cheat" meal each week....that way, you dont completely shut-off the "good stuff" from your body, and its like a reward for doing good all week....

anyways, when i find that book, i'll start posting scans, and maybe hondaspeed can put them in his first post :thumbs up

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well john..we should just call you the professor because you're schoolin us on how to get healthy

EDIT
and yea, if you PM or IM them to me, I'll post them on the first post

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
aight, found the book....just gimme some time to get the info.....some i might just type out....other stuff i might scan :thumbs up either way, i'll post it here, and you can just include it on the first post :thumbs up

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
At-A-Glance Guide
Number of Meals: SIX a day, spaced relatively evenly throughout the day. Eat snacks 2 hours before larger meals.

Base most of your meals on these 12 groups of foods. Every meal should have at least two foods from the list.
Almonds and other nuts
Beans and legumes
Spinach and other green vegetables
Dairy (fat-free or low-fat milk, yogurt, cheese)
Instant oatmeal (unsweetened, unflavored)
Eggs
Turkey and other lean meats
Peanut butter (natural, no sugar added)
Olive oil
Whole-grain breads and cereals
Extra-protien (whey) powder
Raspberries and other berries

Secret Weapons - each of the abs diet "power 12" (listed above) has been chosen in part for its stealthy, healthy secret weapons - the nutrients that will help power up your nautral fat burners, proect you from illness and injury, and keep you lean and fit for life.

Nutritional ingredients to EMPHASIZE - Protien, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, fiver, calcium

Nutritional ingredients to LIMIT - Refined carbohydrates (or carbs with high glycemic index), saturated fats, trans fats, HFCS (high-fructose corn syrup --- BAD)

Alcohol - Limit yourself to two or three drinks per week, to maximise the benefits of the abs diet plan (the book went on to mention that if you ARE gonna drink, like, more than 2 times a week, try mixing it with fruit juice....vodka/orange juice, vodka/cranberry juice, rum/pineapple juice, etc...)

Ultimate power food - Smoothies (i already provided one of the many recipes in here). The combination of the calcium and protien in milk, yogurt, and whey powder, combined with the fiber in oatmeal and fruit, makes them one of the more filling and easy options in the diet. Drink them Regularly.

Cheating - one meal a week, eat anything you want.

Excercise program - (the book mentions its optional for the first 2 weeks of the 'diet' - i started right away) Incorporate a 20-minute, full-body workout 3 days a week. Emphasis is on strength training, brisk walking, and some abdominal work.

At-home workout - Gym workouts and at-home workouts are both detaled to excuse-proof your fitness plan.

Abdominal workout - At the beginning of TWO of your strenght-training workouts. One excercise for each of the five different parts of your abs.

--------

more to come later ;)

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EXAMPLE of a healthy week of eating....again, just an example from the book....

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I also have a packet that i got from my nutritionist that I will look and and scan some things if i can find it bc i got it that long ago.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
well, I weighed myself at work today, and I lost 4lbs since last week All i have been eating is salads, chicken, and fish. I am gassy lol

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
STARTING IMAGE
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 255
Build: Very overweight

STARTING DIET
I dont really have a plan for this but just control my portions and my choice of food.

GOALS
I have actually been going to the doctor for high blood pressure for the last 7 years or so because of a wrong reading because of using to small of a cuff. Since then I have been put on medication that I take once a day. Also I was just put on a CPAP machine for my snoring when I sleep (caused by being over weight). I also found out that my cholestorol and sugurs levels arent where they should be (partially because of weight). My goal right now is just to make better choices about when i eat, what I eat, and how much. I also need to eat a healthy breakfast before work and east small portions.

Day 1
Breakfast: 7am- Egg Beater Omlet plain, cup of milk
Mid Morning: 9:30am- V8 and Powerbar
Lunch: 12:30- Subway- 6" Wheat, Ham, Turkey, lettuce, pickles, onion, and mustard, Root Beer (one glass)
Mid Afternoon: 2:30- Granola Bar
Dinner: 8pm- 1/2 chicken breast, whole grain rice, sauce of some kind, box of steamed green beans, 1 glass of Diet Green Tea with Honey

I also drank over a gallon of water throughout the day because I do landscaping. Overall I think I did very well. I just need to keep it up and not get tired of it after a few days.

dented

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
6'2"
201 lbs
Broad shoulders.. decent arms and legs.. shaved head now
almost 16 yrs old

b- usually nothing
mid- chicken salad sandwhich on white bread
lunch- usually a slim fast bar
mid- chicken salad or eggsalad sandwhich
dinner- whatever moms cooks, usually healthy-ish
late nite- vitamin water and a handful of mixed nuts

cardio- 10 minutes on treadmill before workout (5 walking 5 jogging)
20 minutes stationary bike after workout
weights- go the the gym everyday; alternate arms, legs, and abdominals

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
got this in my PM last night from ImportFan1, its got some good stuff on it.

(sorry man, i wanted to keep the first post simple and with The Professor's lesson up there too, this woulda made it hella long)

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice links :thumbs up

you guys be interested in any of the recipes out of this book? alot of them taste good (at least i thought they tasted good)...and the recipes usually make enough for dinner, and then have some left over for lunch or dinner the next day (makes it easier to stick to the plan if you dont ALWAYS have to cook every day)....

but yeah, if you guys are interested, i'll start posting some up from each category (breakfast, lunch, dinner)

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sure john. as long as its not to much of a problem.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I started cheating on my diet, but I drink like 2 sugar free redbull and work my ass off for 2 hrs non stop. I am hardcore. But I am only consuming 1,800 calories a day. I should be eating around 3k with lifting. So I will see how much I burned next week at work.

95civicvx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm gonna throw in my 2 cents about losing weight. I lost 40 lbs, and they way i did it was to ignor my stomach hunger pains to the point of having a headache before eating a meal. Who's in control you or your stomach? Im also on a vitamin regamin. I also have a tendancy not to eat when im stressed out. And i eat breakfast everyday something involving carbs usually a bagel, id type in a more coherant fashion but its late and i just found this thread