THEDARKONE"S Cheap Build Thread

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok thanks dude i sound like a little kid in that video mabee because i was happy...

anyways i told my dad to come to my house last week but he couldent make it i called him this past wensday and he said yea i can and i asked him for some money for my car ( i was thinking of buying new front support because mine is alitle bent)... i dont ask him for much and he doesn't pay child support so i guess he was glad to give it to me

SPOONS TO HOLD DOWN MONEY FTW :rocker:
so now im going to get a clutch kit i been reading this(tools are not an issue)

http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/do-it-yourself/139802-civic-flywheel-clutch-install-58-pics.html

so the only thing that im stuck at is were to get my clutch from autozone o'reillys or napa?
other then that do i have to replace or resurface my fly-wheel?
any other tips will help thanks guys :thumbs up
Yes for the love of god resurface your fly-wheel!!! I made that mistake last time. If you don't it does this wierd back and forth motion thats annoying as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
Yes for the love of god resurface your fly-wheel!!! I made that mistake last time. If you don't it does this wierd back and forth motion thats annoying as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk
i herd you can just Sand it?

or not just flip it over?

another 2 questions i have is were do i get crush washers to replace them

and what type of tranny fluied do i use?

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i herd you can just Sand it?

or not just flip it over?

another 2 questions i have is were do i get crush washers to replace them

and what type of tranny fluied do i use?
You can sand it with emory cloth, if you have a steady hand, and it's not gouged, but I'd just replace it new one is $60 at auto zone, advance etc.

No, you can't flip it lol

Honda dealer for crush washers, super cheap.

Fluid from dealer as well.

Sent from my craptastic metro pcs android using Tapatalk2

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
You can sand it with emory cloth, if you have a steady hand, and it's not gouged, but I'd just replace it new one is $60 at auto zone, advance etc.

No, you can't flip it lol

Honda dealer for crush washers, super cheap.

Fluid from dealer as well.

Sent from my craptastic metro pcs android using Tapatalk2
yea ima just get a new one there 60 buck and ill have a pice of mind!
and thanks ima pick it up today my clutch and flywheel today when i get out of school ;)

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's best to get a new flywheel I recommend getting a lighter one like 12-14 lbs I wish I did.

T3RR0R

Glwb man, defiently has alot of work ahead but its a good start.
And engine bay is pretty clean as well

CivicxTree754

Registered VIP
great build so far. If you plan on doing this the easy way you will need a support for the engine while you unbolt the tranny. With the engine supported its easier to wiggle the tranny out. And torque specs are the way to go for all clutch and flywheel bolts. Oh and tightening sequence for bolts especially. Good luck.

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
great build so far. If you plan on doing this the easy way you will need a support for the engine while you unbolt the tranny. With the engine supported its easier to wiggle the tranny out. And torque specs are the way to go for all clutch and flywheel bolts. Oh and tightening sequence for bolts especially. Good luck.
yea speacking of torque i dont have all the tools im missing this:

a punch to punch out the b***h pin

10mm 14mm wrenches

19mm and 32mm socket

10mm and 17mm 12 point socket

17mm deep socket

and a torque wrench

oh and HONDA MTF and a Crush washer

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hell ya! Good luck!

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
Glwb man, defiently has alot of work ahead but its a good start.
And engine bay is pretty clean as well
thank you ;)

nice build dude niice to see a highschool build!!
ha yea its cheap but i dont have a JOB so yea >.<

Nice bro,is this going to be your 1st time?

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
yes sir im a virgin :whip2

Hell ya! Good luck!

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!
thanks dude :thumbs up

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
cool, good luck with the clutch job man, if you can complete this, you can do anything to a honda

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just a heads up if you can't get the linkage pin out don't bust your balls trying just unbolt the linkage from the shifter and pull the tranny with the linkage still attached. Be sure to put the clutch in the right way and make sure u torque the fly wheel bolts in the correct order. Also it's a good time to get a new rear main seal since u have to take the fly off anyway to get it resurface or if you have a new one.

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
cool, good luck with the clutch job man, if you can complete this, you can do anything to a honda
yea ill post pics =)

Just a heads up if you can't get the linkage pin out don't bust your balls trying just unbolt the linkage from the shifter and pull the tranny with the linkage still attached. Be sure to put the clutch in the right way and make sure u torque the fly wheel bolts in the correct order. Also it's a good time to get a new rear main seal since u have to take the fly off anyway to get it resurface or if you have a new one.
yea i got a new fly wheel ;)

would it be easyer just to take off the tranny with the shift linkage still on like just unbolt it?

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just take out the bolt that connects the shift linkage to the shifter if you can't get the pin out.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah dude much easier to just unbolt the shifter and drop the whole trans with the shift linkage still attached. It is such a pain to get the pin out while the car is on jack stands.

Changing the clutch is the first thing I did to my hatch back in junior year of high school. It took me awhile. Once you do it though, you could do it in a day.

Good luck man!