This is "MY BUILD" INSPIRATION

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea I saw a dark white which makes me think it's blue. But I'm going to look more into it to see what it could be.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok so I just had my girl rev my engine while I looked at the exhaust and it looks like its white but it wasn't much coming out plus it's getting dark now so it's hard to see if it's blue or white. There was black smoke to but I know thts just from my muffler. But my exhaust doesn't give tht sugerary smell of anti freeze. And it's not over heating at all and my overflow tank is full. But one things for sure tht I'm burning oil I just had to put three quart of oil before I could get a reading on the dip stick and I was on a level surface. I'll try again tomorrow when there's day light. For now I'm babying this baby.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok it's been confirmed that I'm burning oil. So new valve stem seals are on the to do list..while I'm at it I mine as well replace the head gasket,timing belt and water pump. I met a guy today at advance auto who can do the clutch for $150 and I also have a good friend who landed a good job in a shop and he is gonna try to see if his boss will let him do the clutch after hours for free. He is also gonna check to see if he can get a flywheel for me at a discount price. So I'm waiting to hear back from him. I may drop by the his shop next week to get the car on the lift just to inspect it. I was hoping I wouldnt run into all this but hey it cost to play and at the end of the day I'll know my car is running at its best. I might need new tie rods also. And I need a new wiper motor it seems the return relay is bad in it. I picked up some degreaser for the engine bay I just need turtle wax. Well thts my update for today.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Subscribed
That means a lot coming from you. Ur like a celebrity up here man. But hey you are doing ur build the right way and not cutting corners like most people in the Honda game. I'm learning to be patient and do things the right way but it's hard wanting to do modifications but saving for legit stuff.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:thumbs up:

Yeah it gets tough at times, but it always worth it once you finally get what you've been saving for.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea I'm just hoping things get better soon for me so this winter I can STACK like crazy. My job cut all over time til further notice so 40hrs a week...but hopefully that changes soon. It sucks not having tht extra cash.

JeffBel

Registered VIP
IF its valve seals then you don't have to take off the head. It's nice to do so you can be safe with the head gasket. But if you compress the cylinder by setting the cylinder that you're working on to TDC the valve won't drop. Just a heads up ;)

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
IF its valve seals then you don't have to take off the head. It's nice to do so you can be safe with the head gasket. But if you compress the cylinder by setting the cylinder that you're working on to TDC the valve won't drop. Just a heads up ;)
My dad was telling me the same thing but he mentioned a air tool that u put where the spark plug goes or something like that. I'm guessing valve seal because how else could I be burning oil and my head gasket isn't blown. Until I get it fix I'll just add Lucus oil treatment to help make a better seal. At Least that way it will burn slower.

JeffBel

Registered VIP
My dad was telling me the same thing but he mentioned a air tool that u put where the spark plug goes or something like that. I'm guessing valve seal because how else could I be burning oil and my head gasket isn't blown. Until I get it fix I'll just add Lucus oil treatment to help make a better seal. At Least that way it will burn slower.
Lucas products are amazing. He is right about the air tool, but it may be easier just setting to TDC. Check your compression, could be rings. When my valve seals were leaking I got lucky and just pressed them in.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lucas products are amazing. He is right about the air tool, but it may be easier just setting to TDC. Check your compression, could be rings. When my valve seals were leaking I got lucky and just pressed them in.
Okay I'll be sure to do the compression test. I might just take off the head so can replace the timing belt, head gasket and water pump just so I don't ever have to worry about them in the future.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Today's update not planning on getting much done because its going to rain.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341172242.492593.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341172278.932135.jpg

JeffBel

Registered VIP
Okay I'll be sure to do the compression test. I might just take off the head so can replace the timing belt, head gasket and water pump just so I don't ever have to worry about them in the future.
Good thinking sir! Subbed

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Word of advice if you use the above cleaner/degreaser be very carful it eats away at paint very easily.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Okay so I was bored on my lunch brake and I decide why not tinker with the car for fun. I decided that the blue condoms on the cluster bulbs had to go. I also took out the two bulbs tht shine down on the cluster so the gauges can illuminate better. Here's the tear down

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341248921.402827.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341249000.988957.jpg

I'll take pictures of the cluster tonight to show you guys and gals the results. Or you can just look in CHILD'S build thread.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Okay so I just did a compression test and I got 170 across the board. Engine was warm and it was a close throttle test but the difference in compression between it being cold and open throttle is only a 5-10% difference depending on the engine u do the test on. So my piston rings aren't the cause of my excess oil consumption. I'm almost 100% sure it's my valve stem seals.

JeffBel

Registered VIP
What engine do you have? You probably posted above but I'm too lazy to read