Vjf915's NA Miata

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
looks alot cleaner now
Definitely. That area is covered by carpet, so you it's not visible. But I painted the access panels to avoid rust in the future.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Just about done with the top, barring anything unforeseen. I found a great use for the directions...they made a great beer coaster.

emerican

Registered VIP
i dont think i have ever read the directions for anything lol.
if i can change motors and heads without them why do i need them for anything else.
cant wait to see pics of it vic

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Car looks great man, awesome pickup...now you just have to buy a few more and let them take over your driveway...with there price point, they get quite addicting to grab up...

VERY nice pick up. Miatas are great cars and even better when modified(suspension wise).

There's an M-Edition and ones with Sport packages. I believe all of the M-Editions came with leather but don't see any of the "M" logos anywhere.

A good set of brake pads would be all that you need. I don't think I've seen a Miata with a BBK and I've seen almost literally thousands of race prepped Miata's over the years. Besides, you might want to upgrade to better tires before going to stronger brakes. Not much use if you can't get enough traction to slow down anyways..
Can't agree more, these cars need nothing more then pads and stainless lines for an upgrade...please do more research on brakes before you drop money on a kit...

Don't think so. I'm really not a fan, I'd rather have black interior. But I don't want triple black, which would mean painting the car (which would without a doubt be Laguna Blue). But unfortunately this car isn't in need of a paint job, and I'm not rolling in cash...so I'm just going to stick with the black and tan for now.
Laguna Blue, my favorite...this is a 1 of 30 that was an Automatic C-Package Laguna Blue Miata...it is our favorite one that we own...

Just about done with the top, barring anything unforeseen. I found a great use for the directions...they made a great beer coaster.
1st time is a PITA, after that, you will be a pro...took me around 7 hours to do it the first time, now I can get it done in right around 2...

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Can't agree more, these cars need nothing more then pads and stainless lines for an upgrade...please do more research on brakes before you drop money on a kit...
I'm still in the process of researching the brakes. I may even just pick up pads and bypass the stainless lines, depending on what kind of condition my OEM lines are in. The roll bar and new top were the big projects, and took quite a bit of time. Brakes, along with a couple other small things, are the only things left on the list.

1st time is a PITA, after that, you will be a pro...took me around 7 hours to do it the first time, now I can get it done in right around 2...
I'm sure I'll need another one, but I'd like to find a better quality top. The one I put on was a Robbins top, and while it looks good, I've heard they tend to wear quickly. A lot of the time spent installing was because the rain rail didn't line up too well with the studs. Obviously next time will go quicker knowing what I know now, but it's still a huge pain.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
So I've been kind of slacking lately, but here's a couple pictures.

New top.

And some roll bar love.

It doesn't show in the pictures, but I've since washed it :lol:

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice man, that new top is real nice. Been a while since youposted pics. love the way the car is right now.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Nice man, that new top is real nice. Been a while since youposted pics. love the way the car is right now.
I know, like I said I was slacking a bit :oops: But I'm really happy with how the top came out. It was a B*TCH, I hope I don't have to do another one. But I am definitely happy with how it came out. It's also nice to have a nice new top to match the condition of the rest of the car though :D

very nice
Thanks Justin!!

emerican

Registered VIP
i have just recently came to apperciate these cars with your build and a few buddies that now have them one boosted i really see the potential in them now when i look at them.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Thanks, I appreciate it. I don't know if I'd consider it a "build" yet though. So far everything I've done is just cleaning it up so it's in better condition.

I've still got some more things I need to do. Mount and wire subs. Install new window guides and grease the rails. Oil change, transmission oil change, differential gear oil change. I'm waiting on the differential gear oil to do it all in one day though. Going synthetic all the way around. After that, I'll order pads and rotors.

I think one of the reasons why I've been slacking is because the roll bar and top were pretty tedious (as far as my experience goes) and I just don't feel like manual labor right now :lol:

Last edited:

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Oh yea, I also picked up an NB upper STB for sh*ts and giggles. I need to make it fit, paint it, and get some shiny new hardware for it. I'm working on that as we speak.

Last edited:

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice man, so far so good, clean NA!

BTW your thread is going a lot better than my old miata thread when I think I was one of the first to convert here lol

Get to autoxing!!

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Thanks Shane!! I didn't see your post until now, slow updates FTL. But I really love this car man. The only downside...I don't think I'll ever be able to NOT have a little sports car ;)

Small update. I installed new teflon window guides, cleaned the tracks, and threw some new grease in there. The windows are now tighter, and roll up and down faster.

I called out sick today (I'm actually sick) and finally did that oil change. Switched to full synthetic!! I also relocated my cruise control actuator, and mounted that NB shock tower brace. The paint on the brace is kind of shoddy, so when funds allow I'm going to strip it and repaint it. I'll get some pictures up, hopefully tomorrow.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what kind of update is this? i have come to expect PICTARS with my updates OP!!!

=)

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Like I said, I'll try to get pictures up tomorrow of the engine bay. In the mean time:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Know how i know your gay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk