Vjf915's NA Miata

RealRabbit

Registered VIP
Nice NA, I had a 94 m edition and I loved it. They're a lot of fun with some boost :-) I had 15psi on a gt30 and it moved.

Keep it up man I love it.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks Shane!! I didn't see your post until now, slow updates FTL. But I really love this car man. The only downside...I don't think I'll ever be able to NOT have a little sports car ;)

Small update. I installed new teflon window guides, cleaned the tracks, and threw some new grease in there. The windows are now tighter, and roll up and down faster.

I called out sick today (I'm actually sick) and finally did that oil change. Switched to full synthetic!! I also relocated my cruise control actuator, and mounted that NB shock tower brace. The paint on the brace is kind of shoddy, so when funds allow I'm going to strip it and repaint it. I'll get some pictures up, hopefully tomorrow.
haha I know the feeling, everything else from now on is gonna feel like a heavy turd.

My power windows could use a lil TLC, as well, how long did it take to rip apart?

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
haha I know the feeling, everything else from now on is gonna feel like a heavy turd.

My power windows could use a lil TLC, as well, how long did it take to rip apart?
Once I knew what I was doing, it took about 30 minutes for the remaining side. You take the door panel off, and there's literally 5 screws you need to take out. Then you can pull the window up and out of the door, and access the tracks. I just used a cloth on a bent wire hanger to clean some of the old grease out of the tracks. Then applied the new grease to the guide. At first it won't be much of a difference, but once the grease works itself into the tracks it will get better. You can tell if your window guides are shot without disassembly by lowering your windows about 2 inches, grabbing them, and try shaking them from side to side. If they're tight, they should be fine. If they're broken, there will be a decent amount of side to side play in them. If your window guides are shot, there's a guy who sells the teflon ones for pretty cheap, I think it was $32 for two guides, grease, and the torx bit (which I already had). The teflon guides supposedly last MUCH longer than the stock plastic ones. PM me if you have any questions about removing the window, or are interested in the guides.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Here's the shock tower brace. You can see in the first picture that the cruise control actuator was in front of the shock tower. I relocated it to just in front of the firewall to give room for the brace.

And damn I need to get my valve cover done, looks like a** :(

whtcivic93

www.mm-graphics.net
Please put a roll cage in that b****. I had a 96 and... lets just say I got lucky but if I ever have another, it will have atleast a roll bar.

EDIT: since when are the f**king posts censored!?

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bump! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk