ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Went to bed after taking 4 NyQuil and the house windows completely open. Woke up 12 hrs later to an awesome morning and breeze blowing through the house. Finished the case study I was working on yesterday and cut the lawn for the first time this year.

Heading over to my parents for a bit then back to start working on another paper due in a week an a half.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Trying to decide if I want to go ahead and put a down payment on this gti..

:(

Decisions.. Car note or no car note.. Can't afford anything too nice with just what I have for my down payment. 3k.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nothing wrong with that GTI you posted earlier. 3k isn't bad for a down payment. Could be a lot worse. Will you be making more at the new job? Isn't this the only mode of transportation for you and the fiance? If so, make sure that it is something that will be reliable for you guys.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nothing wrong with that GTI you posted earlier. 3k isn't bad for a down payment. Could be a lot worse. Will you be making more at the new job? Isn't this the only mode of transportation for you and the fiance? If so, make sure that it is something that will be reliable for you guys.

I will be bringing home about double at my new job. Average take home for my position comes in at 24k/year.
My fiancé is getting a new job as well, making around the same. We would be buying it together. This would be our only form of transportation. I'm currently borrowing one of my fathers cars but he uses it for floor covering jobs every now and then, so I'm trying to get into something relatively soon. I will admit, I am splurging a little. I just really like the car. I've heard great things about them in regards to reliability. If it were a diesel I would go ahead and get it with no hesitation.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is it possible to upload videos from an iPhone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got sunburnt on my face and arms. f**king sucks, but today was fun again. Got to ride in a buddies mini cooper s during one of his autocross runs. That was exhilarating.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I will be bringing home about double at my new job. Average take home for my position comes in at 24k/year.
My fiancé is getting a new job as well, making around the same. We would be buying it together. This would be our only form of transportation. I'm currently borrowing one of my fathers cars but he uses it for floor covering jobs every now and then, so I'm trying to get into something relatively soon. I will admit, I am splurging a little. I just really like the car. I've heard great things about them in regards to reliability. If it were a diesel I would go ahead and get it with no hesitation.
With both of you working new schedules will you still be able to share one car? Would it make more sense to find 2 cheaper cars? Does the Civic still run/drive?

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
With both of you working new schedules will you still be able to share one car? Would it make more sense to find 2 cheaper cars? Does the Civic still run/drive?

Civic is gone, sold it. My girl doesn't have her license and relies on me or her parents for transportation.

Started my new job today. And holy freaking busy. :lol: extremely fast paced. Hard work. Looking forward to climbing the ladder. As fast as I can. :lol:

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Civic is gone, sold it. My girl doesn't have her license and relies on me or her parents for transportation.

Started my new job today. And holy freaking busy. :lol: extremely fast paced. Hard work. Looking forward to climbing the ladder. As fast as I can. :lol:
Sounds like you'll be the one driving it, then. Definitely get something reliable! So long as the GTI is in good shape, has relatively low mileage, and hasn't been abused, it'll be a great car.

Congrats man! Glad to hear you took that plunge. You'll be a lot happier.

Going to Colorado to visit my parents on Thursday. Should be a lot of fun, even though I've been stressed as all hell for weeks now...

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds like you'll be the one driving it, then. Definitely get something reliable! So long as the GTI is in good shape, has relatively low mileage, and hasn't been abused, it'll be a great car.

Congrats man! Glad to hear you took that plunge. You'll be a lot happier.

Going to Colorado to visit my parents on Thursday. Should be a lot of fun, even though I've been stressed as all hell for weeks now...

Thanks bro! It's hard work but it'll be worth it!

You know.. Colorado has this cool medicine they recently made legal that helps with stress ;)

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You know.. Colorado has this cool medicine they recently made legal that helps with stress ;)
Fact! :lol: ;)

So I went and cruised with ~100 cars to the opening day for the track. Normally less than a two hour drive, we got there in 3... AMAZING cruise though back roads as well as some highway action to get on it a bit :cool:

I may have snapped a couple of these to a few of you as well...

Cropped photo of the caravan.. such a long line of cars that I was stopped and hadn't even made it onto the exit ramp yet.

Panorama of our quick stop. Not sure why but I'm guessing we stopped due to the Toyota with its hood up?

Guy on a local board's new gem:

All lined up at upon arriving.

Lined up ready to go. I'm right in the front! So I was behind the pace truck, but he kept it fun.

Last edited:

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks bro! It's hard work but it'll be worth it!

Lol yeah yeah yeah. I don't smoke, though, so none of that for me.

So I went and cruised with ~100 cars to the opening day for the track. Normally less than a two hour drive, we got there in 3... AMAZING cruise though back roads as well as some highway action to get on it a bit :cool:

I may have snapped a couple of these to a few of you as well...

Cropped photo of the caravan.. such a long line of cars that I was stopped and hadn't even made it onto the exit ramp yet.

Panorama of our quick stop. Not sure why but I'm guessing we stopped due to the Toyota with its hood up?

Guy on a local board's new gem:

All lined up at upon arriving.

Lined up ready to go. I'm right in the front! So I was behind the pace truck, but he kept it fun.

Looks like a lot of fun! Bunch of badass cars in there!

Last edited by a moderator:

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Took a Model S home last night. Went to Maggiano's for dinner, then delivered it to a client this morning and brought their car in. Their sunroof was stuck open. Oops.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Took a Model S home last night. Went to Maggiano's for dinner, then delivered it to a client this morning and brought their car in. Their sunroof was stuck open. Oops.
Is that the same one I saw on Instagram? That's a sexy interior!

jessonjdm

Your Mom
Part I???

What the f*** is with this weather.... It was 60º 2 tuesdays ago, sunny, warm even for most of the week, and now it's 16º. At least the sun is out...

I was going to put on the new wheels I just bought to see how they look but it's cold as fark... And 2 tires have the cords coming through so I'd just have to take them back off... I want a heated garage.... So now I may just sit inside for the rest of the day, watch movies, and play WoW until my eyes fall out. Yay for having no life!!
We're toasty @ 87^F over here. I've got sunshine coming out of my ass in Orlando.