What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

Well on the way back from picking up some LS mesh wheels and tires my rear steelie blew out @ 80mph and it took out my fender lining, mud flap, and cracked my bumper. At least I'm alive. I was about 20 inches from the barrier at one point when the car was slowing down and swerving.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn son. Glad you're alright. I've had my fair share of blowout scares.. never fun. I finally quit buying used tires [emoji38]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
At least you didn't lose an entire wheel :oops::oops::oops:

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Server migration complete... it was a mess when I got here.

I've actually removed the old server off the rack, which is still in the after pic. Less is more ;)

Waiting for a power supply to come in so I can take down the entire network and replace the old one that doesn't really work. Back to NY tomorrow. :(
Where do I sign up? What did you replace?

Got offered a promotion. Looks like I may take it. The job itself is waaayyy more complicated than what I do now but I feel like I could catch on quickly enough
Congrats Nick. What's the promotion?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Where do I sign up? What did you replace?
Old Dell server, old 3Com switch, and dying UPS unit... that f**king thing weighs more than me.

Side note, if all goes well I might be running the scoreboard for the PGA Championship! :thumbs up

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
When I was on our support desk I hated moving those things. I was glad when our facilities dept. took them over.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
When I was on our support desk I hated moving those things. I was glad when our facilities dept. took them over.
Yeah, luckily it was dead (well, dying.. to be recycled) so I just dragged the damn thing across the room. Figured blowing out my back wasn't worth trying to pick it up. The replacement was much lighter.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got offered a promotion. Looks like I may take it. The job itself is waaayyy more complicated than what I do now but I feel like I could catch on quickly enough

You will be fine. Congrats homie!

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Replaced an axle on my friends rsx. Probably the easiest axle replacement I've ever done.

pantyraid

=^.^=
Damn son. Glad you're alright. I've had my fair share of blowout scares.. never fun. I finally quit buying used tires [emoji38]

Haha I learned that one the hard way too

Many, many times

Damn used tires and their tempting cheapness

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Congrats Nick. What's the promotion?
Moved from making the center cores of our golf balls, to running the packaging line. I'll be running a big ass machine, and a series of other machines.

Fun stuff. I'll know more about it Saturday. Training my replacement tomorrow. First day of my training is Saturday

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Didn't you already have it tuned?
Red/black hatch was tuned recently. Blue has never been tuned by my guy. It's sitting on an old tune the former owner had and it needs some major touch up's. I did a straight trade with my old green b16 coupe for the built turboed mini-me rust-free blue hatch almost two years ago. Priorities were to get the red/black hatch back on the track first. Now it's time off from work, weather and when Import Wars runs to race it and see what times it puts down.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Server migration complete... it was a mess when I got here.

I've actually removed the old server off the rack, which is still in the after pic. Less is more ;)

Waiting for a power supply to come in so I can take down the entire network and replace the old one that doesn't really work. Back to NY tomorrow. :(
I'll take some pics of some of the nightmare clients we have. Some of their server rooms are just.. chaos. I don't know how people let it get that bad. I've taken on the task of re-cabling many of these server rooms, but it's difficult to do during business hours haha.

Getting tired of living with a roommate, and really considering just getting a 1 bedroom apartment. Girlfriend may end up going back to Aus because she's having a hard time getting a job here (E3 visa etc.) I'm kinda considering moving out of California if she goes back home. We'll see I guess!

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dude. Photos please!
1999 Honda VFR800 had 6700 miles on it 1 owner when I got it. Has about 7500 miles on it after a month or so of me owning it.

Things I've done so far, Coolant, oil change, new tires, and flushed the braking and clutch systems. just maintenance.

This picture is from when I first picked it up

Future stuff in mind. Tank grips, taller touring windscreen, maybe a slip on, I want to paint the wheels a bronze color (black is oem), maybe retrofit the headlight. stock headlight is pretty good but it's hard going back to halogen after having projectors for awhile.

Last edited:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Trying out some mothers billet polish on my airtank that my buddy polished for me and watching the price is right