What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've had an 07 Si, so I know that engine like the back of my hand, that's another reason I want it. Just so expensive.
Love my 09. Definitely great little cars.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

f**k this s**t.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Speaking of games, took my brother to get Fallout 4 at the midnight release
lol'd @ the 60 or so people waiting for this s**t.
Even moreso at the those kids who dragged their moms to it
Brother had pre-order #6 so in/out in 5 minutes
So many fat people, and they tried talking s**t about an SRT4 that came crackling in but all they could come up with was "ricer!"
Went to BK afterward, rather large guy working the inside by himself so I put the game on my lap to see if he'd bite
Seconds after doing so, "Is that Fallout 4?" comes from the window lol

So besides that, teaching my dog to hunt, mowing the front yard, sourcing an axle for the car, and being on the phone for an hour, that's been my day.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You should probably go back to playing DND...
Never played it, never will.

Anyone want to $1.00 fanduel challenge me? Winner gets $1.80, loser gets s**t. I need to recoup some of the $40 it cost me to get into my real league..

Speaking of games, took my brother to get Fallout 4 at the midnight release
lol'd @ the 60 or so people waiting for this s**t.
I did midnight release way back for Halo 2 and Halo 3 back in the day. I don't get that giddy over video games anymore. I did just pick up Halo 5 two days ago, though. :thumbs up

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Never have, never will do that.

Stopped by a Honda junkyard today. Got a replacement axle off a RHD S2000
Also in there was a good-to-go 96-98 CTR, first I've ever seen. $2200, sold for $12,500
They also had a good-to-go Accord EuroR (TSX). $3500, sold for $27,000
Had some DC2 & DC5 Recaro's, other CTR & ITR front clips, then a bunch of USDM stuff obviously.

Also stopped by Honda on the way home. Got a new bearing and have 2 new axle nuts on the way.
Having them press the bearing tomorrow and should be driving by Thursday night hopefully.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joke's on me. NYS AG sent a cease and desist order to FanDuel and DraftKings today. Son of a b***h!

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Fallout is 4 is awesome. I picked it up at the midnight release but I went around 12:40 so I was in and out.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My housemate just got Fallout 4. I've actually never played it, but Halo 5 also just came out and that's my s**t. Soo good so far. Glad we have two Xbox Ones in the house.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love halo 5. Hit me up sometime dude. I'm usually on around 7. I'm getting battlefront also next week

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Stopped by a Honda junkyard today. Got a replacement axle off a RHD S2000
Also in there was a good-to-go 96-98 CTR, first I've ever seen. $2200, sold for $12,500
They also had a good-to-go Accord EuroR (TSX). $3500, sold for $27,000
Had some DC2 & DC5 Recaro's, other CTR & ITR front clips, then a bunch of USDM stuff obviously.

Also stopped by Honda on the way home. Got a new bearing and have 2 new axle nuts on the way.
Having them press the bearing tomorrow and should be driving by Thursday night hopefully.
Which Honda junkyard down there has those 3 rarities? The one off NW 27 ave?

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
No, that one's been garbage for a while

The now good one used to be called Honda Kings, now JDM Kings off Cairo Lane

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The one off 27th use to.be good until they split they yard in half for the scrap yard. Ive never been to the other place but am aware of it. Ill have to check it out soon. Thanks.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You guys have a junkyard for JDM parts? That must be where the JDM fad first started out in the US lol. You'll be lucky to even find a Honda in junkyards here... most just get rusty and get crushed.

... like mine :(

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You guys have a junkyard for JDM parts? That must be where the JDM fad first started out in the US lol. You'll be lucky to even find a Honda in junkyards here... most just get rusty and get crushed.

... like mine :(
That's still a rarity in down there, as best I know. I know what you mean though because its like that in KY. The interest in Hondas there is not even comparable to the South Florida ricer gits, but I benefited from that when I got used parts ridiculously cheap. 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th gen. Civics are everywhere.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Took hub & bearing to get pressed at Honda
Press new bearing in knuckle
Hub is damaged, so looks like I'm ordering one from Majestic tomorrow
Should be receiving 4 bushings and two axle nuts tomorrow as well
Well they used to do just Honda & Acura
Now they've started importing containers of s**t so you can do front end conversions, RHD conversions, JDM motor swaps, etc.

Speaking of JDM stuff, there's two 2017 NSX's driving around Florida right now
And then #3 sitting at the auto show, and damn, they look a lot better in person
MIAS_NSX_001 by Alex Maas, on Flickr

Dry/matte carbon front lip, spoiler, steering wheel, pieces of the dash, etc.
Looked like carbon ceramic brakes too. New goals, need to make $150K

Probably my favorite car there, which is really saying something considering there were Aventador's, McLaren's, a Veyron (1st gen), 918, etc. etc.

Hopefully it's better than the previous NSX which apparently is a piece of s**t fit & finish wise

Last edited:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That sure is purty