What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My car is pouring antifreeze out of the back end of the motor. Thinking either intake manifold gasket or freeze plug.. working all weekend so won't have time to mess with it until monday, which leaves me without a vehicle for the weekend. Gonna have to bum rides back and forth to work..

I'm about to say f**k it and get a car payment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My car is pouring antifreeze out of the back end of the motor. Thinking either intake manifold gasket or freeze plug.. working all weekend so won't have time to mess with it until monday, which leaves me without a vehicle for the weekend. Gonna have to bum rides back and forth to work..

Dont do it

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
At this rate, it'd be cheaper [emoji38] tired of constantly working on this piece of s**t
Yeah but wont u be leaving home for a bit? No sense in paying a car payment when u aren't driving it

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
s**t.. I haven't kept y'all up to date.

Turns out I need my medical paperwork for every time I was hospitalized for kidney stones. They also want me to go a year without a kidney stone before sending my paperwork in, and my last hospital visit for them was three months ago, so that alone puts a 9 month wait on things. If I get another stone within that 9 month period, boom, starts the clock over. The recruiter is pretty confident that I would not be accepted having this long of a history with kidney stones, AND currently having them. My only chance is to convince them that they're no longer an issue.

Here's another problem, bi lateral kidney stones are disqualifying (require a waiver), and.. recurring kidney stones are disqualifying as well. My medical paperwork will show both of those things.

The Marines recruiter gave me false hope on the kidney stone issue because he told me to not even mention it. My Army recruiter asked me if there was anything at all that may come up during the process and I mentioned my kidney stones and how the Marines told me to not say anything.

He said if they can't prove it, don't tell them about it, but with kidney stones it would be hard to lie. Say I get to basic training and have a kidney stone. Get hospitalized, get a CT scan to verify that it's a stone, and then they see that I have numerous stones currently in both kidneys. They didn't form overnight and that shows a history. I could be dishonorably discharged. s**t would ruin my life.

Also, the medical paperwork is stored at an off site facility so I have to order all the documents. 90 cents a page, and no way of knowing how many pages. I'm going to assume that it's a fair amount considering there would be paperwork for about ten trips to the hospital and an ear reconstruction surgery. So there's that.

Basically, I've hit a wall.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Turns out I need my medical paperwork for every time I was hospitalized for kidney stones. They also want me to go a year without a kidney stone before sending my paperwork in, and my last hospital visit for them was three months ago, so that alone puts a 9 month wait on things. If I get another stone within that 9 month period, boom, starts the clock over. The recruiter is pretty confident that I would not be accepted having this long of a history with kidney stones, AND currently having them. My only chance is to convince them that they're no longer an issue.

Here's another problem, bi lateral kidney stones are disqualifying (require a waiver), and.. recurring kidney stones are disqualifying as well. My medical paperwork will show both of those things.

The Marines recruiter gave me false hope on the kidney stone issue because he told me to not even mention it. My Army recruiter asked me if there was anything at all that may come up during the process and I mentioned my kidney stones and how the Marines told me to not say anything.

He said if they can't prove it, don't tell them about it, but with kidney stones it would be hard to lie. Say I get to basic training and have a kidney stone. Get hospitalized, get a CT scan to verify that it's a stone, and then they see that I have numerous stones currently in both kidneys. They didn't form overnight and that shows a history. I could be dishonorably discharged. s**t would ruin my life.

Also, the medical paperwork is stored at an off site facility so I have to order all the documents. 90 cents a page, and no way of knowing how many pages. I'm going to assume that it's a fair amount considering there would be paperwork for about ten trips to the hospital and an ear reconstruction surgery. So there's that.

I still think it would've been a bad decision personally. But its not my life and i know u wouldve kicked ass!

Sorry to hear, but you will find something :thumbs up

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I still think it would've been a bad decision personally. But its not my life and i know u wouldve kicked ass!

Sorry to hear, but you will find something :thumbs up
Thanks brother [emoji106]

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

Damn man, sounds like qualifying is an endeavor in itself. Three friends of mine joined the Marines. One kicked ass, one was a medic and got shot (he survived), and the other is now a full blown alcoholic unfortunately. All served tours somewhere. And a friend of mine, his best friend committed suicide a couple year ago due to untreated or diagnosed PTSD. Of course I will always support any US military branch, but it's got to be pretty rough being there.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you find the right car and are comfortable with the payment, go for it.
Don't regret my truck or this car for pulling loans.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I know I regretted the loan that came with my G35... glad I got rid of it. It went from here to IL to SC now I think, according to the VIN # when I occasionally check in on it. :lol:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
In denver for the weekend. The ol bag is doing a fitness competition. Free excuse to take off work.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Could also be the oring on the water pipe that goes from the thermostat to the water pump.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

Damn. Sorry to hear Nick. At least you can't get mad at yourself for not trying.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Could also be the oring on the water pipe that goes from the thermostat to the water pump.

That's all on the front of this motor. 4.3 v6 vortec. Old chevy motor

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh I assumed you still had a civic haha Christ I'm misinformed.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh I assumed you still had a civic haha Christ I'm misinformed.

I don't blame you, lol it is a civic forum [emoji38]

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Heading to Monday Night Football. Hopefully I don't get blown up or shot.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Killed the Civic Saturday night, or it killed itself
Worked on it some today, no clue
Changed the cam sensor, nope, so it's going back tomorrow

Struggles to turn over, and the few times it does, struggles to even idle then chokes out when you give it throttle.
Has air, has fuel, has spark.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Killed the Civic Saturday night, or it killed itself
Worked on it some today, no clue
Changed the cam sensor, nope, so it's going back tomorrow

Struggles to turn over, and the few times it does, struggles to even idle then chokes out when you give it throttle.
Has air, has fuel, has spark.
How much fuel?

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't always help out with tech questions.. but when I do, it's in the today thread. [emoji38]

Heading to Monday Night Football. Hopefully I don't get blown up or shot.
Take your gun man, and a spare mag.