young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you have to do all that crap to work at f**king longhorn? 0_o

Right?! Three interviews. Literally every single time I've heard from them and they say they'll call me back, I've had to chase them down. I don't know their schedules, I don't know when they work, so I have to just keep calling and calling until I get a hold of them, and then there's no guarantee that I'll hear back from them when I do. I finally got this interview, and the guy is a complete d**k. Rude as all hell, completely unprofessional, and it gives me a bad vibe about the whole thing. I'll just have to follow the interview process through and see how it goes. So far though, to be honest, I'm not all too thrilled with the way they run things there.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Working today. Not a lot going on. But I think my boyfriend and I are going to start going to the gym together. I think Monday, Wednesday and Fridays should do, right?
Gym all the days!

I literally just go until everything hurts, rest a day and then start the cycle over. But I generally go and work like 1 main group, like chest 1 day, legs, back, arms, shoulders. Then when I plateau and take a week off, I start working groups together like chest and triceps, legs, back and biceps, shoulders. However, today is deadlifts and squat, because my squats went down and I also really wanna pull 500 again :D

Working out at the gym is the single greatest thing I've got going on and pushed me to eat better and keep me moving around during the day and I feel just a million times more with it through the day. Also, when you kick your own ass at the gym, you sleep stupid hard.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alex doesn't remember my name :(

Interview went well! They do multi-stage interviews, so I'll have two more interviews if all goes well. Hope it's worth it :P
I do too Nick! I'm not sure why I just went with your screename. Damn multi-tasking.

Gym all the days!

I literally just go until everything hurts, rest a day and then start the cycle over. But I generally go and work like 1 main group, like chest 1 day, legs, back, arms, shoulders. Then when I plateau and take a week off, I start working groups together like chest and triceps, legs, back and biceps, shoulders. However, today is deadlifts and squat, because my squats went down and I also really wanna pull 500 again :D

Working out at the gym is the single greatest thing I've got going on and pushed me to eat better and keep me moving around during the day and I feel just a million times more with it through the day. Also, when you kick your own ass at the gym, you sleep stupid hard.
Yeah... but I need to get myself on a conditioning schedule. Plus I feel more committed that way. This may sound dumb but I trained horses for 10 years, and that was how I worked them was putting together a conditioning schedule. So I feel like I could do the same for myself.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah... but I need to get myself on a conditioning schedule. Plus I feel more committed that way. This may sound dumb but I trained horses for 10 years, and that was how I worked them was putting together a conditioning schedule. So I feel like I could do the same for myself.
That's the fun thing about working out; different things work for different people and seeing that, trying it yourself. I really gained a lot of mass and worked up in weights doing a 5x5 workout, and it was great, but some people will have a different system for hitting their goals. Do what works, until it doesn't work anymore hahaha.

Currently on a cut phase and lifting more weight than before is hard eating only 2200 calories :( So can't wait to hit my goal and start eating like good foods again. I'm going all out like the Rock on his cheat day XD

TokyoSkies, have you done things like good mornings, or lighter deadlifts from a deficit? I didn't like the feeling of a belt when I did weights and did those mostly to strengthen my lower back.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's the fun thing about working out; different things work for different people and seeing that, trying it yourself. I really gained a lot of mass and worked up in weights doing a 5x5 workout, and it was great, but some people will have a different system for hitting their goals. Do what works, until it doesn't work anymore hahaha.

Currently on a cut phase and lifting more weight than before is hard eating only 2200 calories :( So can't wait to hit my goal and start eating like good foods again. I'm going all out like the Rock on his cheat day XD

TokyoSkies, have you done things like good mornings, or lighter deadlifts from a deficit? I didn't like the feeling of a belt when I did weights and did those mostly to strengthen my lower back.

Yeah.. I just want to tone up. Mainly my torso and below :lol:

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:lol:

This is true. We need to get on that too.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Good luck young!

Working today. Not a lot going on. But I think my boyfriend and I are going to start going to the gym together. I think Monday, Wednesday and Fridays should do, right?
Depends on what you want, really, and what your ability is. I'm 6 days a week, with one day off. We focus on different muscle groups every day (for instance, yesterday was core and lower back, today is triceps and upper back, tomorrow is core again, Thursday is legs [f**k] etc.). If you want to get trim and toned, balance cardio with weights/resistance training. The primary aspect is diet, though. You only get out what you put in. Eat like s**t, you'll look and feel like s**t, no matter how hard you bust your ass.

Gym all the days!

Get it mang!

I'm currently starting out light, as this is my first time lifting properly (my buddy is heavy into body building, and is cut like mad. He's coaching me, and working out with me). I haven't hit belt range yet, but that should be in a few months. I assume it's super awkward, but better safe than sorry man!

I can't do unload weeks. I'd lose momentum. I will give myself a day or two to rest if I over-do it sometimes, but that's the max! Back at it, 6 days a week! GET IT!

:lol:

This is true. We need to get on that too.
Get that booty tight, girl! Squats are the best thing in the world for a super tight ass. Get that thing on lock, and your man won't be able to stop touching it ;D

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Depends on what you want, really, and what your ability is. I'm 6 days a week, with one day off. We focus on different muscle groups every day (for instance, yesterday was core and lower back, today is triceps and upper back, tomorrow is core again, Thursday is legs [f***] etc.). If you want to get trim and toned, balance cardio with weights/resistance training. The primary aspect is diet, though. You only get out what you put in. Eat like s***, you'll look and feel like s***, no matter how hard you bust your ass.
100% truth

I'm currently starting out light, as this is my first time lifting properly (my buddy is heavy into body building, and is cut like mad. He's coaching me, and working out with me). I haven't hit belt range yet, but that should be in a few months. I assume it's super awkward, but better safe than sorry man!
Best way to go for sure. I spent about a month or so dead lifting 225lbs until I thought my form was absolutely perfect. I went home with shins bleeding and red socks on a normal basis till I felt safe enough to pull heavy weight. My grip sucks past 365lbs and I won't lift 500 without a belt, even though I don't care much for them. Same with my squats, I went 225 the same month, basically putting the bar an inch off the squat rack / ass to the ground until I thought it looked good enough to go higher. I watched a dude slip a disc doing incorrect deadlifts and just thinking about it makes me cringe and gives me the chills. That was with a belt too. You can have all the safety nets in place, but they still won't help if you can't put the form behind it. To hell with belts for form, build the right muscle. Get hard, go raw!

I can't do unload weeks. I'd lose momentum. I will give myself a day or two to rest if I over-do it sometimes, but that's the max! Back at it, 6 days a week! GET IT!
Unload weeks :lol: J/k. But if you're going for size, to hell with unload weeks. Eat lean. Live large, die large, leave a giant coffin!

Get that booty tight, girl! Squats are the best thing in the world for a super tight ass. Get that thing on lock, and your man won't be able to stop touching it ;D
Lunge squats, squats, hack squats, leg press is a good'n, So many ways to get that booty poppin, but squats is where it's at!

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Best way to go for sure. I spent about a month or so dead lifting 225lbs until I thought my form was absolutely perfect. I went home with shins bleeding and red socks on a normal basis till I felt safe enough to pull heavy weight. My grip sucks past 365lbs and I won't lift 500 without a belt, even though I don't care much for them. Same with my squats, I went 225 the same month, basically putting the bar an inch off the squat rack / ass to the ground until I thought it looked good enough to go higher. I watched a dude slip a disc doing incorrect deadlifts and just thinking about it makes me cringe and gives me the chills. That was with a belt too. You can have all the safety nets in place, but they still won't help if you can't put the form behind it. To hell with belts for form, build the right muscle. Get hard, go raw!
Holy balls man haha. I haven't started dead lifts yet (need to work on form first). Plus, being a complete n00b to lifting, I'm starting slow, so I don't cause any permanent damage. So far, it's going well. I need to incorporate a lot more cardio, though (going for that Ryan Reynolds look, although not as extreme). Definitely working my way up to that glory!

Unload weeks :lol: J/k. But if you're going for size, to hell with unload weeks. Eat lean. Live large, die large, leave a giant coffin!
Agreed! That's the way to go!

That 2 oclock crash. I hate this s*** so much. Tired outta my skulllllll.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
K. Laptop is gonna get burned, shot, ran over, two sticks of dynamite, and incinerated.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hellla horns. Always wanted some on my civic
Had those on my WRX (no relay). LOVED them!

Then they faded and looked rough so I painted them

Then I put them on my Civic this past Sunday! (Used a relay, WOW!)

Do it.

Also pulled a 455lb dead lift and immediately got a low blood sugar attack XD feelsgoodman.jpg

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dude your WRX looked sick, what hood was that?
and you fkking Civic... it reminds me of mine before i sold it. 99-00, bys style lip, same fogs and grill. :shock:
It was a stock hood modified to look like a WRC hood. I got it for free from a guy who took an 04 (same year as mine) and converted it to a full WRC bug eye.

And I can't help but imagine a lot of people took the same awesome route we did with our Civics. Just so clean and refreshing =)

Tomorrow is first day of new promotion, 'bout time
Congrats! Where at (in case I missed?)

Honda9206

Working on the 92 DX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well went in for interview for a part time parts associate at a local rv and marine store and got hired on as a full time RV salesman. Interview was 2 hours long and spoke with the HR, operations manager, parts manager, sales manager, administrative manager, and the owner of the business. After it was nearly over they told me they weren't interested in me for the parts associate but offered me sales. Majority of the sales team makes over 100,000 a year the lowest paid guy makes around 42000 and he only works 30 hours a week.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well went in for interview for a part time parts associate at a local rv and marine store and got hired on as a full time RV salesman. Interview was 2 hours long and spoke with the HR, operations manager, parts manager, sales manager, administrative manager, and the owner of the business. After it was nearly over they told me they weren't interested in me for the parts associate but offered me sales. Majority of the sales team makes over 100,000 a year the lowest paid guy makes around 42000 and he only works 30 hours a week.

Nice! That's damn good. In for the badass build thread that's sure to come

Honda9206

Working on the 92 DX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yes. For sure a lot of little things I need to do and then put some new color on her before I get to the engine. Already looking into a new heart for my dx ;). That little y7 doesn't have enough get up and go since I am use to my sentra se-r spec v