What do y'all think?

99coup3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think that it would look pretty good.

Decipher

Registered VIP
Thanks man... It was supposed to be nissan's Solar Orange (A53) but it turned out a lot more orange than intended. If you look at like the 350Zs, they are way more gold toned. The guy who sprayed it put 3 coats of pearl... the pics do it no justice. In every kind of light a different shimmer and hue of the flake and the gold comes through. It's my favorite part of the car. No other rides around here the same color, to say the least.

99coup3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh but just make the lip orange not the color of the car. It'll make it More of a contrast.

Decipher

Registered VIP
Yea, it would probably end up being a different shade if I did it, just because I'm cheap and would only be willing to invest in a can of engine enamel spray paint.... which I'm unaware if they sell in candy colors?

99coup3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't know. But just flat orange would look better than a pearl or metallic.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think all and all that bad boy looks sick, and go ahead with the spray painted lip, the great thing is if you don't like it, just strip it off and polish it again haha.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the car looks excellent all around. only complain is the rims. u need some new ones. other than that the car looks clean. also, the tailgihts, are the tinted black on the top red part??? if so, im not digging that.

Decipher

Registered VIP
You know what's funny. I had the skirts and mud flaps all painted when I had the car sprayed. The mud flaps were instantly chipped and nicked along with the side skirts just from constant traffic in and out of the vehicle. So when I got the lips and sized them up on the ride, I just liked the black against the orange, so I found some old side skirts and painted the lips and skirts all with truck bed liner. The stuff is durable as hell, doesn't show the dirt and scratches constantly, and if it gets scuffed in a bad way, I can go to walmart and get another $5 can of rhino-liner and have my flat black brand new again. f**k it.

Decipher

Registered VIP
Yea, I smoked the red glass on the tails... almost blacked (I love the black on orange) them out. I can see why some might not like it, because I love the JDM look with the white and red myself, but I'm trying to be consistant, people!

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks good man, i would just paint the lips...

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
One of the only reasons I say to paint match the lips and side skirts is simply because it's low but you can't even tell. If it was all the same color I think it would flow a lot better. Should never paint the mudguards though lol

WBJ

Registered VIP
Yah it looks way better with the black housing lights and I like the wheel better in black. They resemble HX wheels for sure.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just get wheels and leave the rest as is! looks great.. i even like the orange!

Decipher

Registered VIP
Thanks for all the comments. It's definitely a work in progress. I am trying to achieve something that looks different and unique, all the while trying to keep it refined and not tacky or "ricey." This is my first honda, my first project, so I'm learning a lot. I'm beginning to feel like this car will be the first of many, because I've had a lot of fun piecing it together and fixing it from the pile of junk it was before I started, and I haven't even gotten into the performance side yet.

Speaking of performance though. Once I finish the exterior, what would be a good plan for tackling power-plant and drivetrain? The d16 can handle some forced induction from what I've gathered, but in the long run(from those with more experience) would a swap to a DOHC be better? And it's an auto, which would have to go, so considering that... what would be the most cost effective yet result-yielding option? Thanks again, people!

Decipher

Registered VIP
So, M3 sidemirrors will be here wednesday, and I'll throw up some pics. I have to get this out of my system and see for myself. I have a feeling I'll be throwing them up on craigslist for sale, but I'll never know unless I see them on the car.

Other than that, I think I'm going back to the shop to get some tint across the top of my front windshield. It's been 100+ degrees almost all this past week and any little bit of shade will help. I don't know why this car didn't come from the factory with that 5 or 6 inches of tint at the top? Every other car I've ever owned has had that. I've got 30% all the way around and on the sunroof... it definitely helps, but it's still hot.

It doesn't help that my A/C isn't blowing anything resembling cold air. What would the cause of that be most likely, if the system is fully charged? Any ideas?

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
As far as motor is concerned; you need to set up goals for horsepower. That includes whether or not you want it to be your daily, Auto-x, drag, etc. Also what's your budget? Start piecing little things like that together and sure enough you will quickly be on your way to more power! :thumbs up

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks good, I'd color match the lips or maybe a do a carbon fiber front lip and hood.