What exhaust?

JDMDRIVEREK

Go HKS...LMAO...FTW.!

Thats why my 1st reply has a video sound clip of a Ep3 equiped with the HKS hi-power..!

Nice deep tone when you get on the throttle especially with a header and Intake.
But when you are just driving it blends in well. & just a few Db's above stock. But it sounds like a beast when you hit VTEC!

AtM-

5+ Year Member
hey chill out 7th gen section is pretty dead and i wanted to do a poll

AtM-

5+ Year Member
oh i coulda just added a poll to my other one but i was on itouch so it was bein stupid.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I merged your two threads, but something happened with the poll. For some reason, it didn't merge properly. Try editing the thread and see if you can edit the poll to get it going again. If not, just start a new thread with a new poll and I'll leave it open.

The results were 4 HKS and 2 Skunk2.

Regardless, I think you should listen to multiple clips of civics with these exhausts on and decide which sound you like best. The people in this thread gave you a lot of options of exhausts that people like, now it's your turn to narrow it down so that you can modify your car to represent yourself.

Last edited:

AtM-

5+ Year Member
Okay thanks and I wanted to get hks until I found out that it only comes in an axle back for em2.

c0untme0utt

5+ Year Member
I was looking at getting an exhaust to but I want the evo sti look to my exhaust you know how the end muffler points up does anyone know wich brands do that ?

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Get an Evo or an STi if you want your exhaust to look like that.

JDMDRIVEREK

"GAY! '

Go HKS and listen to clips on Youtube. or the one i posted with my first response.
My exhaust is def.not as loud as my buddy's EM1 with the skunk2. dont get me wrong skunk2 is a great company but HKS is were it's at.....the noise is there but only when u have that heavy foot..

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Pointless response.. ive seen civics with them before.
And its honestly a pointless question when 1. You dont provide a picture to describe what you are talking about and 2. If you have have seen it on a civic before, you could have just asked them.

JDMDRIVEREK

and it's not a evo sti set up. It's called N1 JDM styling..most aftermarket companies like greddy/hks/skunk2. come this way...

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
"GAY! '

Go HKS and listen to clips on Youtube. or the one i posted with my first response.
My exhaust is def.not as loud as my buddy's EM1 with the skunk2. dont get me wrong skunk2 is a great company but HKS is were it's at.....the noise is there but only when u have that heavy foot..
Your buddy has an EM1.. and you have an EP3. You guys have two incredibly different engines. You can't compare the sounds of exhaust systems from two different engines that aren't even in the same series.

JDMDRIVEREK

well than you sounds clip it and lmk. bcuz the only thing that sounds different is when his VTEC kicks in bcuz it's built. 90% of Honda's sound the same. But i guess ur somewhat right. It's up to you what u choose. haha. Mine is allready on my car screamin down I10.,

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you think 90% of hondas sound the same... then you probably aren't a valid source on what exhaust sounds good. I don't mean this as an insult.. you just obviously have some difficulty in distinguishing different sounds.

Tell me a Civic sounds the same as an RSX or an S2000 or an NSX or an Element or a Ridgeline, etc.. etc.. I hope you're beginning to see my point.

JDMDRIVEREK

Of course not. .A s2000 wont sound like those because they have different engine's. True.! but the b16 is basically the fossil version of the K20a. It basically depends on the exhaust system's...

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSdloH9nazY

Break it down and tell me which one sounds different. Because to me they sound identical.

My point is bein they are both Civic Si. so they sound the same.
I can only hear one of the cars in that clip :what:

Here are a couple clips for you. These cars both have K series engines in them with the same exhaust system and they sound different. If these two can sound different, so can 2 cars with two different series engines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFgjW6YT-sc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPlwLfbJqjA

c0untme0utt

5+ Year Member
And its honestly a pointless question when 1. You dont provide a picture to describe what you are talking about and 2. If you have have seen it on a civic before, you could have just asked them.
ill be sure to chase that guy down next time.