What have you done to your 5th Gen Civic Today?

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
Got her up n running today after it sat all winter. All she needed was a jump

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

nasty.ka

its snowing so i havent done s**t to mine lol. waiting on those lucky lotto numbers then i will have a whole write up on new s**t to do lol

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Disassembled more of the car last night and did more sanding/grinding.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364588401.549810.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364588520.690809.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no, it's not your fault. foolish, yes. but not your fault. if there weren't assholes in the world, wouldn't HAVE to lock your stuff up. Don't blame yourself for any thief's shitty personality

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I barely ever lock my car at night because nobody messes with other people's stuff around here. Even when I'm gone somewhere I don't take my faceplate off because I only have a shitty 20 dollar duel head unit lol.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't have a detachable faceplate but I do lock my doors absolutely twenty four seven. I blew a tire the other day and my car was on a trailer, still locked the doors. It's like OCD. As soon as I step into the car I lock the doors. As soon as I step out, I lock the doors.

But as far as locking the doors when I'm in the car, I had a guy try to rob me once at a red light on the way home from work. Ever since then it's been a 100% thing.

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I walked out to the garage kissed them both and walked back into the house before it started throwing down with another one of these pop up cells.

On Monday I took my white hatch out of the garage, washed it, waxed it, changed the oil, changed the gas filter, charged the battery, checked the breaks, filled air in the tires, did a full interior detail and then I put it back in the garage where it's safe. It felt good to be alone with my car for once. I rarely take the opportunity to do so since becoming a mother.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
tried (unsuccessfully) to remove the crank pulley bolt from my 92. Have used 2 different impact wrenches, but the damned thing's not moving. It's crazy. When we put that thing back on about 5 years ago after changing the timing belt, I just torqued it to spec. Didn't gun it on or use threadlocker. So why in the hell is it not coming off?!?

Ronny Espeland

5+ Year Member
tried (unsuccessfully) to remove the crank pulley bolt from my 92. Have used 2 different impact wrenches, but the damned thing's not moving. It's crazy. When we put that thing back on about 5 years ago after changing the timing belt, I just torqued it to spec. Didn't gun it on or use threadlocker. So why in the hell is it not coming off?!?
Maybe you should use a longer arm, and get some real thrust on it =)

Anyways, today nothing yet, but going to try get my engine running later, just put a b16a2 into my 1995 EJ2 Civic =)

Need to wire up the Vtec and find out about a Map Sensor plug that is missing, you can check out my thread on this subforum, not a project thread but a problem solving thread for the Vtec wiring, kinda new to that Vtec wiring thing =)

AnimeKid

Ordered a header, some clear corners, one of those japanese squash air fresheners, spark plugs, wires, and oil and oil filter. In a few weeks a steering wheel and quick release, energy suspension bushings, and maybe getting my stupid bumber and hood fixed. Bout to treat my baby right.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
FINALLY got the crank pulley bolt removed! Thought I was going to have to put a screwdriver of something in the flywheel teeth to hold the crank in place. However, found that my aftermarket flywheel has threaded holes in the facing, and was able to fabricate a bracket to lock down the flywheel.
Removed the head, and found the head gasket seperated pretty badly between the head and block faces. Also, appears cylinders getting some oil, as the piston tops pretty nasty. Granted, it's got over 265k miles, and this is first time the head's been removed.

Attachments

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
cleaned up the block deck, and the intake/combustion chamber sides of the head. Trying to get all that gasket material removed so I can put it back together. look at those filthy valves. The intake valves look ok, but exhaust valves on 1, 4, and even a little on 2 are crusty

Attachments